PDA

View Full Version : Legend of Zelda series

maxmordon
04-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Those who does know it, don't you think they are great? Those who don't, it's one of the oldest and most beloved video games series about a fantasy land called Hyrule. The skeleton of the plot is pretty much farmerboy rescues princess from evil Darklord, but believe me, it's much much more...

Zoombie
04-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Its the same game made over and over and over and over again.

Now its all variations on a theme, with new dongly bits added in.

Or at least, thats how I see it...

My favorite is Twilight Princess, but that's just cause I LOVE werewolves and werewolves are awesome and I want to snuggle werewolves all day.

maxmordon
04-14-2009, 11:49 AM
I know why you like werewolves, handsome ;-) Same motive why you like those red dragons...

Yes, you search around a fantasy lands all the pieces of X so the fantasy land don't fall on DOOM, but! each game has an interesting and fascinating twist to it. Majora's Mask most be my favorite, and not only because it was the first I played.

Cassiopeia
04-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Ocarina of Time is my favorite.

SPMiller
04-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Console players tend be nuts for Final Fantasy 7 and Ocarina of Time, but I can't see why. As far as Japanese RPGs go, Chrono Trigger was far superior. Sorry, but it's true, and that's coming from someone who dislikes JRPGs in the first place.

Majora's Mask was a step down in quality, and let's not even discuss the later games.

Cassiopeia
04-14-2009, 12:32 PM
Console players tend be nuts for Final Fantasy 7 and Ocarina of Time, but I can't see why. As far as Japanese RPGs go, Chrono Trigger was far superior. Sorry, but it's true, and that's coming from someone who dislikes JRPGs in the first place.

Majora's Mask was a step down in quality, and let's not even discuss the later games.snob :tongue

SPMiller
04-14-2009, 12:34 PM
snob :tongueGuilty as charged :)

Zoombie
04-14-2009, 01:23 PM
No, no, no, the best Console JRPG of all time was Anachronox.

Why?

Firstly, it was on the PC.

Secondly, it was made by Canadians.

I know why you like werewolves, handsome ;-) Same motive why you like those red dragons...

Its the tail. I'm a sucker for girls with tails.

<sighs>

whistlelock
04-14-2009, 06:58 PM
My father-in-law plays the first Zelda game to this day on his NES. He can bet it in about 6 hours now.

katiemac
04-14-2009, 11:14 PM
One of the four video games I've ever owned is Ocarina of Time. I love that game -- played it over and over, and it's still good. Though I wish I could fast-forward the story parts now.

Cassiopeia
04-16-2009, 03:31 AM
One of the four video games I've ever owned is Ocarina of Time. I love that game -- played it over and over, and it's still good. Though I wish I could fast-forward the story parts now.I know how you feel, but it's kinda fun to remember the story. I haven't played it in a long time. Started to last summer and got derailed. That and I need my son's help who goes nuts because I see things flipped and he's always saying NO, Mom..go the other way...to your other right. LOL

DamaNegra
04-16-2009, 05:00 AM
*drools*

I've got a LoZ action figure in my room :D enough said

Pisarz
04-16-2009, 07:20 AM
A thread after my own heart!

I have the NES original on my Game Boy and have played most of them since.

Swoon. And yay!:hooray:

Cassiopeia
04-16-2009, 07:31 AM
I've got all of the nintendo machines. :D and they all still work :) i just wish the first one saved my progress. I still love my original mario games. I never did buy Zelda till the N64 came out.

Lyra Jean
04-16-2009, 07:52 AM
I like Zelda four swords.

Nivarion
04-16-2009, 07:01 PM
I've played and beaten every one of them but the four swords.

I love the series. except the water temples.

Fav is A link to the past.

maxmordon
04-17-2009, 11:48 AM
*drools*

I've got a LoZ action figure in my room :D enough said

Me too.

Zoombie
04-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Your Legend of Zelda action figure has NOTHING on my battery powered talking Robocop figure!

"Your move...creep."

Awesome.

CACTUSWENDY
04-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Loved Zelda and Link....sigh. So many fun hours......

Zoombie
04-17-2009, 12:01 PM
They don't have nearly enough sex, imo.

Fortunately, we have the internet to cover for that...

SPMiller
04-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Rule 34 ftw?

tarcanus
04-28-2009, 09:50 PM
The LoZ series used to be great, but I feel like Nintendo is letting it become stagnant due to a lack of initiative in aging the game as the fans who started playing Zelda in its NES incarnation age. The difficulty in Twilight Princess was laughable and I feel like the boss's attack patterns were even more predictable than usual.

The franchise needs a kick in the butt. Different difficult settings, new puzzles bred from new ideas. Something. The next console Zelda will actually have to prove itself to me before I even consider buying it since Twilight Princess was such a let down, for me.

jmascia
05-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Personally, I liked Twilight Princess. And the attack patterns are supposed to be predictable, otherwise, how are you going to defeat them. However, my favorite Zelda is actually A Link to the Past for SNES. I think that had the best story and was still pure before having silly things like "bug hunting" which is one of the things I wasn't thrilled about in Twilight Princess.

tarcanus
05-08-2009, 09:10 PM
And the attack patterns are supposed to be predictable, otherwise, how are you going to defeat them.

Eh, I feel like this mindset is a problem nowadays. I'd rather game devs start making bosses that react based on your actions, or try to use their environments against you instead of just repeating the same tired attack pattern over and over. If their attack patterns aren't as predictable, you'll still be able to beat the boss because hopefully you're able to watch what it's doing and exploit any weaknesses the boss shows.

Or perhaps I'm just getting older and the fact that Nintendo isn't aging their games too much has finally made Zelda stale, to me.

MrWrite
06-05-2009, 06:15 AM
I LOVED Zelda Ocarina of Time on the N64. I was addicted to the game. A couple of times I played over 8 hours straight! The only game I have ever gone so nuts over. I don't have an N64 any more <sigh> That's the only game I really miss that and Goldeneye.

Fran
06-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I've played Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask (I could never get very far with that for some reason, it's like a mental block!), Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Oracle of Time, Oracle of Ages, Four Swords, The Minish Cap and The Phantom Hourglass. I'm absolutely garbage at them all! I've only completed Windwaker and The Phantom Hourglass. I really love them, but then I get to a hard bit (I CAN'T do Dark Link in Ocarina of Time!) and go 'bah!' and give up. And then start them again a few months later. I'm useless! :)

MrWrite
06-07-2009, 03:49 AM
Ocarina of Time is one of the few games I ever actually managed to complete LOL!

Cassiopeia
06-07-2009, 04:01 AM
Ocarina of Time is one of the few games I ever actually managed to complete LOL!
I love that game...it's like the only thing I want to play...EVER...except well FarmTown on facebook.

But seriously, don't you all just love the water temple of fishing at night?

And I giggle every time I chase down the witches in the forest temple, I think it is.

Yes, I'm a serious Ocarina of Time fan.

Cassiopeia
06-07-2009, 04:04 AM
I LOVED Zelda Ocarina of Time on the N64. I was addicted to the game. A couple of times I played over 8 hours straight! The only game I have ever gone so nuts over. I don't have an N64 any more <sigh> That's the only game I really miss that and Goldeneye.*grins* I have TWO N64. One needs a power cable, it gone blown on the power converter in SA cos the damn electrician's assistant didn't unplug it when they were doing work for me.

But I haz TWO of them. One green and one purple.

Btw...did I mention I ...HAZ two of them?

Oh and I'd kick your butt at GoldenEye. LOL I now play Call of Duty 4 with my son. I can't beat him but I still try.

MrWrite
06-07-2009, 04:14 AM
Show off! And you so would not kick my butt at Goldeneye. I'd beat yours! :D

Cassiopeia
06-07-2009, 04:21 AM
Show off! And you so would not kick my butt at Goldeneye. I'd beat yours! :Daahahahahaha! You WISH! I'm vicious with a gun.

*looks around* umm...in the virtual world that is. ;)

MrWrite
06-07-2009, 04:26 AM
I'd like to be able to challenge you one day. then we'll see which one of us will kick ass! :D

Cassiopeia
06-07-2009, 04:34 AM
I'd like to be able to challenge you one day. then we'll see which one of us will kick ass! :D

*maniacal laughter is heard around the world*

Sorry, just had a moment thinking of that. ;)

MrWrite
06-07-2009, 04:35 AM
Don't worry Cass I'll let you back down gracefully

Cassiopeia
06-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Don't worry Cass I'll let you back down gracefullyYou know me well enough by know to know that I never back away or down from a challenge. You, me and GoldenEye, 2010...we shall see who gets owned. ;)

MrWrite
06-07-2009, 04:50 AM
You're on baby! :D

Cassiopeia
06-07-2009, 04:51 AM
You're on baby! :DSWEEEEEEEEET!

Now get back to writing, MISTER!

MrWrite
06-07-2009, 04:59 AM
I wrote 9 pages in my book today which is about 15 pages on MS Word! :tongue

Cassiopeia
06-07-2009, 05:00 AM
*beams* I'z so proud of you! You rock, dude. Say hi to the Missus for me! ;)

MrWrite
06-07-2009, 05:06 AM
Will do :D And thanks!

mario_c
11-17-2011, 07:21 AM
This is cute (http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/32473/video-zelda-williams-worst-chat-up-lines/).
It goes without saying, that Luigi's brother can relate. :rolleyes:
And Robin Williams is that big of a gamer? Who knew? Could you imagine him trash-talking in a MMORPG chat? :ROFL:

maxmordon
11-21-2011, 08:03 PM
This is cute (http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/32473/video-zelda-williams-worst-chat-up-lines/).
It goes without saying, that Luigi's brother can relate. :rolleyes:
And Robin Williams is that big of a gamer? Who knew? Could you imagine him trash-talking in a MMORPG chat? :ROFL:

The idea of Robin Williams doing that both excites me and scares me. But yeah, he's quite a geek, saying he would love to play Professor Oak on a Pokemon live-action film.

maxmordon
11-22-2011, 02:11 AM
By the way, this week Legend of Zelda officially has a quarter of a century!

MrWrite
11-23-2011, 05:58 PM
I wish I still had Ocarina of Time and Goldeneye. two of the best games I've ever played.

DragonBlaze
12-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Okay I will admit that I've been bad because of distractions such as work, school, and other real life issues! :tongue But tonight I just finally finished beating Twilight Princess ahead of getting Skyward Sword. While I agree that with prior posters that some of the battles were predictable and easy, some of them still held that epic feel to them. I mean just spinning around the side of a stone column as a giant skull monster breathes fire at you! Incredible! Genius!

My only qualm with the game was that Ganon's battle, while been fun and somewhat challenging, did not have that epic feeling I will never forget I had fighting him in OoT.

The one thing that made the game better still despite that was Midna. I've seen a lot of hate out there that she overshadowed Link and many don't like her personality. But here's a few things to consider: Zelda was hardly present until finally coming in to shoot light arrows in the end and Ganondorf only made his appearance at the end.

Thus it was only Midna and Link outside of the character specific npcs like the kids and so on. I think the relationship was incredible and one I believe should be continued. There has never been an openly obvious love relationship between Link and Zelda. Heck, I don't even think so much as you would call them best friends either. Midna brought more to Link and for once I could see Link genuinely show emotion!!! And the LoZ series can only go so far with just Zelda, Link, and Ganondorf no matter how they reinvent it.

I've heard that in SS, Zelda is not a princess but (finally at least!) Link's close friend. Midna apparently will not make any appearance in this game. I still am one of the crowd that believe Midna should and must come back (doesn't have to be her imp form as the human form opens more story possibilities) and become a permanent member of the LoZ legendary cast.

Anyhow... just my 2 cents! Hehe! :D

kuwisdelu
12-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Okay I will admit that I've been bad because of distractions such as work, school, and other real life issues! :tongue But tonight I just finally finished beating Twilight Princess ahead of getting Skyward Sword. While I agree that with prior posters that some of the battles were predictable and easy, some of them still held that epic feel to them. I mean just spinning around the side of a stone column as a giant skull monster breathes fire at you! Incredible! Genius!

Gotta agree. Most of the boss battles were ridiculously easy, but a lot of them were so fun and epic that that really just didn't matter to me. I'll replay a fun and epic battle over a frustratingly difficult one every time.

The one thing that made the game better still despite that was Midna.

Midna was fucking hot. Yeah, I don't care how weird that sounds. Even in imp form, she was a damn sexy tsundere.

Can't wait to get Skyward Sword. My Wii will finally have a use again!

SirTysonius
12-11-2011, 10:24 AM
So has anyone else been crazy about skyward sword? Frankly, I loved it, it even made me shed a manly tear or two.