As some of you may know...

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
My mom wanted me to go with her to an Easter trip, but I didn't since her beating boyfriend was going? I had many doubts and gave the issues more hands than Tevye on Fiddler On The Roof, but I kept strong as a rock on my decision...

They went... and mom was angry at me... she has never been angry at me... she told me how she did everything for me and barely asked me to do anything, she was right, but I couldn't deny of what I think of that man, even when she insisted it was over and that she needed a good driver, I don't trust it...

This was on thursday

Last time I talked with her was friday, she was still angry at me telling me she was exploring the south of our country around the jungle, which is a quite dangerous area thanks to a centralized government where farther from the capital, more abandoned is there.

This was on friday

Now I haven't talked to her in two days, I call her to her cellphone and she doesn't answer... I write this with tears on my eyes after having slept 4 hours... I am worried for her and my little sister with chills on my back...

If you believe in something, whatever it is even if it doesn't have a name, please pray for them and for me.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Oh geez...I'll think good thoughts, Max. You hang in there. I know you're terribly worried. I'm sorry you're feeling so awful.

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Unless there's a cell tower in the jungle that's the most reasonable explaination. It's hard not to worry when it's justifiable fear though. I hope it works out and you keep us updated.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Max, an interruption of service (such as Cassi said) is the most likely reason for her not answering. Or maybe it's turned off because she's having a lovely time she doesn't want to be interrupted. Perhaps she's lost the phone, or dropped it and broken it.

Yes, our minds like to seize the worst case scenario, especially when we feel a little guilty, but luckily that's rarely the way things turn out.

Still, we'll be thinking good thoughts and hopes for her well-being.

Maryn, who'll sit with you for a while

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Max, I know you're worried. Hang in there. No news is just no news, right now.

What you did, you did out of respect for your mother and, although she's angry with you just now, some time should give her some perspective.

We'll be thinking your way and hoping for news soon.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hang in there Max :Hug2:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and best wishes going your family's way. I think the loss of cellphone signal is probably most likely what is going on and hoping just for that. Could also be the cell battery conked out.

More hugs for :Hug2::Hug2::Hug2:

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I just talked to her, she's fine, she was at a native settlement, but I could feel some resentment on her voice torward me.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank goodness she's okay.

To end her resentment towards you, show her your original post. What you were feeling comes right through the monitor.

shokadh

Now serving Table for 300
Registered
Reaction score
She is lucky to have someone in her life as loving and caring as you. I don't think you should ever second guess yourself about your intentions or your love, even if she is resentful. I'm so glad she's okay, and I hope you are always strong enough to stand up for what's right, even if it is scary. You are a strong person for doing what you did and you did it for the right reasons. Don't beat yourself up, okay?

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I just talked to her, she's fine, she was at a native settlement, but I could feel some resentment on her voice torward me.

Parents resent when it's the child worrying about them no matter how old you are.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
My mom wanted me to go with her to an Easter trip, but I didn't since her beating boyfriend was going? I had many doubts and gave the issues more hands than Tevye on Fiddler On The Roof, but I kept strong as a rock on my decision...

They went... and mom was angry at me... she has never been angry at me... she told me how she did everything for me and barely asked me to do anything, she was right, but I couldn't deny of what I think of that man, even when she insisted it was over and that she needed a good driver, I don't trust it...

Just because you are a rock does not mean your heart has turned to stone. ROCK ON!!

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Stay strong, my friend. But remember, she's a person too. She has her own fears and doubts. All you can do is give her your thoughts and objections, with love.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Not all, I see that it makes them feel like a burden sometimes.
I think it would depend on their age and dependency really. I am so grateful my children are concerned for me and the things that go on in my life. After all, it isn't just about the parents only caring about what happens to their children. Max is acting appropriately to be concerned for his mother. It shows he loves her.

dirtsider

Not so new, really
Registered
Reaction score

Let me get this straight - your mother's boyfriend was abusive in the past, correct? Is he still abusive? Then I say, you were right in standing firm and not dealing with this man now.

Just keep telling your mother you love her. And sit her down and explain how you feel. If she can't understand that, well, there's nothing more you can do than love her.

Last edited:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
max, prayers and hugs go out to you and your family. So hope and pray they're alright. (((((((HUGS)))))))).