PDA

View Full Version : Krod Mandoom and the Flaming Sword of Fire

dgiharris
04-14-2009, 03:27 AM
So I'm sitting here flipping through the channels and came across the Comedy Channel's Krod Mandoom and the Flaming Sword of Fire

I wasn't impressed by all the promos and previews, but since there was nothing else on, I thought What the hell, i'll give it five minutes

I'm glad I did. Granted, some of the English accents were a touch difficult to understand. But overall, the acting, voice, and tone of it is just funny.

Given that this is it's first season, i'm very impressed. The cast has decent chemistry that will only get better.

Have any of you seen this yet?

Your thoughts?

I recommend everyone giving it a chance. It grows on you like a fungis.

Mel...

maestrowork
04-14-2009, 04:43 AM
It's okay. It's entertaining enough, but the jokes seem forced, often. The cast is fine, but the dialogue and plot could have been better; sometimes they feel like recycled jokes from anything from Monty Python to those 300 spoofs.

rugcat
04-14-2009, 04:52 AM
I also stumbled across it and started watching, expecting it to be totally lame. And yes, some of it was, but overall I thought it was entertaining and quite amusing in spots. I'll probably watch a few more to see how it does.

Joe270
04-14-2009, 05:24 AM
I actually watched it on purpose. They got me with the absolutely stupid 'Flaming Sword of Fire.' I agree completely with Maestro's review.

Still, I did think some of it was really funny. The line where Krod sees the place is in flames and yells 'fire', then gets shot by his own guy still cracks me up.

Also, the 'you did it for the time of day?' bit really got me.

Sure, it needs a lot of work, some better writing, but I think they are onto something.

semilargeintestine
04-14-2009, 05:32 AM
I actually watched it on purpose. They got me with the absolutely stupid 'Flaming Sword of Fire.' I agree completely with Maestro's review.

Still, I did think some of it was really funny. The line where Krod sees the place is in flames and yells 'fire', then gets shot by his own guy still cracks me up.

Also, the 'you did it for the time of day?' bit really got me.

Sure, it needs a lot of work, some better writing, but I think they are onto something.

The flaming sword of fire made laugh too, but not enough to watch it.

Joe270
04-14-2009, 06:23 AM
The preview with the chastity belt was pretty funny, too.

'It's not a chastity belt, it's state-of-the-art vaginal armor.'

jodiodi
04-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Watching now. It's ok, trying too hard in places. Love the bit with the villager negotiating with the bald guy about fighting. It has a few moments which are mildly amusing, but nothing to make me put it on my must-see list.

BenPanced
04-14-2009, 08:46 AM
As a parody of epic fantasy, it was more like epic fail. I watched the first episode and most of the second, and didn't even chuckle in mild amusement once.