www.faerilaity.blogspot.com

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
To be honest, if your conduct here is any example I would not consider your site a good source of information when it comes to publicicity and marketing. Rule number one is to work with, not against, the previaling norms and guidelines of the site where you are publicising your material.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I wonder if srjohannes actually comes back to his/her posts after making them. I get the impression not.

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
Shelli, I already sent you a PM about this. In my experience the entire text of PMs are delivered to the recipient, so even if you have not logged in here to see your PM you still should have been able to read it in your email.

If, for some reason, you missed it, I'll paste it here at the bottom of my post. I'll also send another one, and an email, to cover all bases. I don't know, perhaps it would be best to come to your blog and leave the message in a comment there, since you don't appear to be reading comments in response to the threads you create.

(Considering that people could be making comments regarding your interviews, you could very well be missing the boat by NOT visiting your previous posts, which could definitely be a negative impact on your "marketing" attempts.

If you choose to keep ignoring the rules here by NOT posting in the correct spot, I can assure you that the administrator may choose to disallow you from posting at all!

TemlynWriting said:
Hello,

I've merged all of your Marvelous Marketer threads together into one thread, located in the Blog Events and Announcements forum. This is a sub-forum of the Blogging forum, specifically created for announcements and events such as yours.

Link to your Marvelous Marketer thread: http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138286

Please use the single thread that I've merged together to post updates about the Monday Marketer events, since they are all related.

Other non-blog-related announcements may go in our Announcements, Events, and Self-Promotion forum.

Also, I noticed you've been creating different signatures each time you post. I don't know if you know how to create a permanent forum signature, but just in case you don't, and you'd like to create one, here's how. They're not required, but I thought it might save you some time when you post. I've also included the links to get to the places I'm mentioning in the directions:

1. Click on your User CP (control panel), located in the upper-left corner.

2. At the top of the list of options, you'll see Edit Signature. Click that, and you'll be able to add a permanent signature that attaches to each of your posts.

Welcome to AW, by the way! Please let me know if you need any assistance. :)

~Julia

And now I will combine this thread, yet again, with all of the other ones in your Marvelous Marketers thread. (Though I am tempted to leave it up here for a little bit to see if anyone else has any more helpful comments to add.)

Last edited:

srjohannes

Registered
Reaction score
Website

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
I wonder if srjohannes actually comes back to his/her posts after making them. I get the impression not.

Nope. Just posted another new one outside this thread, in the wrong place again. Maybe it's a bot? Just one that posts far enough apart to slip through the net till now.

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
I assure you she's not a bot, just a drive-by blogger. I'm dealing with her.
Maybe it's a bot? Just one that posts far enough apart to slip through the net till now.

She posts every Monday (except yesterday, probably because it was a holiday). That's when she updates her blog with this marketing series. She's not posting far apart for bot reasons.

Last edited:

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
I assure you she's not a bot, just a drive-by blogger. I'm dealing with her.

I meant bot in the sense of using an automated program to send the posts out, rather than to suggest the original author isn't a real person. It was mostly finding she's behaving identically on another forum that made me wonder about it.

Either way, it has the same end result... I'm not going to visit that blog. Not such marvellous marketing after all.

srjohannes

Registered
Reaction score
Website

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
It's been a few weeks, hasn't it, Shelli? Well, the rule still stands -- all your Marvelous Marketer threads belong in the Blog Events and Announcement sub-forum (not the main Blogging forum), which is where I am moving this new thread once again.

Seeing as you don't seem to read your private messages, I am going to send you an e-mail outlining the posting rules. You're welcome to post here, but the fact that you're clearly ignoring the rules is leaving a bad taste in the mouths of many of our members, who are not tempted to read about your marvelous marketers. Basically, your tactics are backfiring against you, and our members are prone to believe you are a spammer or a bot. They understand that marketing also involves following some basic rules, and the fact that you're writing about marketing and yet blatantly ignoring moderators regarding your posts is a turn-off to our members.

Last edited:

srjohannes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Marvelous Marketer: Ginger Rue (author Brand New Emily)

This week's interview is with Ginger Rue, author of Brand new Emily.

This interview is a bit different because Ginger's Brand New Emily is about a teen who uses marketing to her advantage. She hires a PR rep to help her improve her image in school.

http://tinyurl.com/lzoexh

Hope you enjoy!

Shelli Johannes-Wells
404-607-1735
www.faeriality.blogspot.com
Www.srjohannes.com
Www.bilaninc.com

srjohannes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
srjohannes does come back!

Guys - I do come back often in this forum. I do not see any questions under my posts and usually look at other people's announcements. Im not sure where this is coming from. Am I doing something wrong? If I am missing somethign, please let me know. I participate in editors unleashed, absolute write as well as Verla Kay. I try to give back as much as I get from these wonderful forums.

srjohannes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
GUys - this is not any automated message?! I am not sure where this is coming from. I am a member of all three forums and I feel I contribute to all of them. Thank you to the person who was nice enough to email about this issue. I had not seen this thread questioning my intergrity. I think there is a misunderstanding. I was asked by some members to post the inetreviews heer so they could get reminders. I was trying to help. I by no means was trying to market anything.