Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Catchin up with you folks

KimJo said:
My children are precious, and I'm thankful they aren't teenagers yet. But the older one has ADHD ...........I try to keep a sense of humor :ROFL: It's even more fun on the mornings I have to work.

Thing # 1 (boy 18) has ADHD. I know it is different in boys than in girls. If you need to shed frustration, drop me a line. I've kinda been there.

WV, Carole: I agree with Carole. The friends from Highschool that I wanted to keep, I am still in touch with. 99.5% of the rest made my life a living hell, and enough said. Your Highschool must have been less clique-ish than mine. But I've been out of school a while. ( Yep, I remember when the first horseless carrige came on down the ol school house road, got stuckin a ditch it did and Mr. Farmer came up with his mules and it took em all day to pull that there contraption out of the mud hole. . .)

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
robeiae said:
What am I doing? I'm patiently waiting for Rita...

Rob :)

Rob,

Why must you insist on sending her my way? Or is it really you.......perhaps Haliburton is behind this.

Okay, back to checking out our back up radio equipment now......

Brady

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
Writing up an educational program for stress management, cooking a pot of beans and baking some corn bread.

What a combination of tasks. lol

Beans, Cornbread -n- Stress Management

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
Honey, unfortunately some people want to be lost. Me, for example. My brother, too. Logan High has a webpage where former students go in & post updated contact info. Did you go to Chapmanville? Maybe they have a website with an alumni page too.

Are you kidding? Chapmanville? They barely have a school any more. Not population-wise, but "tearing the building down and putting up a new one" wise. They've already done it to the old C-ville Jr. Hi...we now have the dreaded "middle school". Pretty soon, it's gonna be Chapmanville Regional High School, which will encompass CHS, Sharples, and Harts High (Sharples integrated w/us the year after I graduated, 1994). Anyway, I know what you mean with the rest of it. The ones I see the most often are the ones who made my high school existence a living hell...it's the ones that pulled me through it that I'd like to get back in touch with.

Jaycinth said:
WV, Carole: I agree with Carole. The friends from Highschool that I wanted to keep, I am still in touch with. 99.5% of the rest made my life a living hell, and enough said. Your Highschool must have been less clique-ish than mine. But I've been out of school a while. ( Yep, I remember when the first horseless carrige came on down the ol school house road, got stuckin a ditch it did and Mr. Farmer came up with his mules and it took em all day to pull that there contraption out of the mud hole. . .)

Well, that might have happened at my school, too, but only because we're so back-woods...I graduated in '93, but that doesn't mean the first horseless carriage didn't arrive in good 'ole Chapmanville shortly after...

We were quite clique-ish in school, and like I said above, the ones I see are the ones that think that what happened back then still matters, and their attitudes about the world haven't changed one bit, regardless of the education they got and I didn't - that's something they like to lord over you...saying things like, "Well, when I graduated from college..." and working it into every topic of conversation they have with you. Pshaw.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting ready for bed. Early. I am grumpy, grumpy, and bed is the best place for me. I'm have a class for work the next two days which means NO POSTING during work hours. Yuck. That's the way I stay sane there is by checking in here. O well. That's it. What's new and exciting in the world?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Where is everybody? We can't let this thread slip down too low.

I'm still trying to get used to my new glasses. Bummer. I think I am going cross-eyed because of them. Where's sc when I need her!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Well, here's how I spent the past 15 minutes or so of *my* night.

Sinner had to go potty. She was doing the pee pee dance all over the place. I normally don't like to take her out after dark, but I like potty in the house less. So, anyway. Remember the sweet fat cat I was talking about earlier that hangs out on the stairs? well....

Sinner runs up to cat, and cat FREAKS out. I'm trying to pull her back but she has suddenly developed super-dog strength. After we got past the fur and claws flying, we ran down the stair like we normally do. But...

She damn near ripped my arm out of the socket, dragging me across the parking lot. I figure, sheesh! This dog's really gotta pee! No.

So there we go up the hill, Sinner running like mad, me flapping in the breeze behind her (must be the dog chow) and she stops RIGHT in front of a

SKUNK!

Oh. My. GOD!

Skunk hunches up like a cat and is NOT happy, Sinner is barking her fool head off, and I can't drag a 24 pound DOG down a HILL! Skunk LIFTS tail. I freak. I yanked on that leash and honestly drug this dog down the hill with both hands. She had her claws dug in, but thankfully she just had them clipped at the Vet.

So is it over? NO!

Finally she pees, amidst numerous attempts to get back at the skunk. But we still have to go back upstairs. Past the "Pet Semetery" cat. Cat hunches up, blocking the stairs and growls that loooowwww menacing growl and I start knocking on doors. "Is THIS your cat? It won't let me and my DOG pass" (Do you have any idea how embarrasing it is to tell someone that a cat won't let your DOG go past?) Finally I do find the owner...and he LAUGHS. Sheesh. But he did take the cat inside.

So...how was YOUR night?

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I love that cat!!! Okay, I am studying for my ER recertification and pulling my hair out. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Just popping in to say I'm slive and I miss you all!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
KTC said:
LOL! That cat sounds exactly like my neighbour's cat. Burt waits at the end of our driveway for Franny and I. I mentioned Burt in a thread somewhere here. He's a black cat with the ends of both ears gone from frost bite, his tail is gone and he's blind in one eye...it's a milky blue. So...I suppose he too is from Pet Semetary. He terrorizes my 80 lb Golden...terrorizes her. We walk out of our court after passing by Burt...who wants me to pet him as he's taunting Franny with threatening hisses...and Burt walks to the end of the court and sits there waiting for our return. Franny walks all jauntily until we are about half a block away from the court and she remembers Burt is waiting for her and she starts to get nervous. By the time we get to the court she is practically crawling on her belly anticipating Burt's swats. But we love Burt, Franny and I. You can tell she's happy to be around Burt...pathetically scared, but happy!
That's TOO funny! This cat and I get along famously, like you and Burt. But. This is the first time it's (Still don't know the he or she of the kitty) encountered Sinner. Lord save us from nighttime potty breaks! I don't think my heart can take another encounter with a skunk!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
Hi! I love that cat!!! Okay, I am studying for my ER recertification and pulling my hair out. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Just popping in to say I'm slive and I miss you all!
HI!!! I MISS you! *snif snif*

And I ate all your raviolis...again.

Wanna brownie?

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Go kittie -:banana:

Go kittie - :banana:

Go kittie - :banana:

I'm sitting here thankful that cats don't have to go outside at night for a potty break. Catbox beats skunk detox hands down every time.

Sorry Carole - most dogs have the IQ of a radish.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I've been sick the past few days but feeling much better. Right now i'm wondering why there are so many lurkers on here? HMMMM..

Carole..that story you told was just too funny!! :)

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
aspiringwriter said:
I've been sick the past few days but feeling much better. Right now i'm wondering why there are so many lurkers on here? HMMMM..

Carole..that story you told was just too funny!! :)

You're right Aspiringwriter, I just checked the guest list, and there are 180 guests. Time to bring out the goodies. I can't help it, it's a Martha Stewart complex. I see guests, and I feel compelled to entertain.

cafe_the-11.gif
546_250x250.jpg

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning all!

Well, I'm doing my usual routine of sucking down coffee and doing some editing/rewriting on my MS. Plus running outside every few minutes for a cig.

I've been so busy I haven't been around much. I miss y'all. *sniff*

My cupboards are empty...I really need to go grocery shopping. Anyone have anything yummy they want to share with me for breakfast (must not be anything healthy, must have enough fat and sugar that it comes with a heart warning).

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Oh yes. Brownies. YUMMY! Feel like making a three hour drive to drop them off?

Ah man, I didn't think so...now I'll just have to drool and imagine.

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Carole..seesm like you're always making something :) When are you gonna send me some of your brownies?

Storygirl....what is your story about? You can PM me if you don't feel like sharing on here... I understand.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
Sowwy. You need to go to the store, then. Brownies are good for the soul!

I can't. We're a one vehicle family, and hubby has it at work. I don't know why the goverment thinks his training for war is more important than MY brownie cravings. Sheesh, talk about screwed up priorities. Dang government!

Aspiring~ The MS I'm editing isn't my most current...I have a few of them from being a closet writer for a while, so it would take forever to tell you what they're all about. They're all suspense/mystery/thriller with romantic elements, though some drift into supernatural, horror, and just about every genre but non-fiction, sci-fi, and YA.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
aspiringwriter said:
Carole..seesm like you're always making something :) When are you gonna send me some of your brownies?

You gotta come GET them! HA! If you think I am always making something, just wait till this weekend! I am gonna be the Martha Stewart of the...of the....of the something that I can't find a word for right now!

I am going to make a chop suey cake, and OMG that thing is to DIE for! Coconut, pineapple, black walnuts all mixed into a yellow cake mix. You use a can of pineapple chunks and mix all the juice in, too, so the cake is very dense and almost gooey. Then to cut the sweetness, you layer a ton of cream cheese icing on top and sprinkle with more walnuts & coconut.

YUM!

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
I'm coming to Tenneessee...:) LOL Sounds like you enjoy cooking. I've always heard, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach...:) Seriously though I was wondering if you or storygirl have been to Dollywood before? I went there last year on my honeymoon and really enjoyed it. I tell you Dolly has sure turned that park around from what is was 20 years ago.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
storygirl said:
I can't. We're a one vehicle family, and hubby has it at work. I don't know why the goverment thinks his training for war is more important than MY brownie cravings. Sheesh, talk about screwed up priorities. Dang government!
I know. We are a one car family, too. Hubby is always gone, though, so I have use of it most of the time. It hampers my ability to have a 9-5, though. With his erratic schedule, I have to be able to drop everything I am doing at a moment's notice to go pick him up at the shop. That doesn't happen very often, but I still have to be available cuz you never know when it will be.
We're actually praying for a litle rain next week. Maybe he'll get to spend a few days at home being rained out or something. He really needs a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.