Whatcha doin' at this very moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm

Strange forces were at work in my house this morning.

My kids (6 &8) got up without me having to drag them out of bed. They showered and dressed with plenty of time to spare...then *shakes head, still in disbelief*...they straightened their rooms. As if that weren't strange enough...they did their chores BEFORE school WITHOUT me having to tell them to. My son cleaned the bathroom and my daughter cleaned the living room. I didn't know what to do, so I just stayed out of the way and thought, 'Oh my gosh, I hope they're not ill.'

Maybe, just maybe they'll come home after school and do their homework right away. Or maybe that's just wishful think.

Strange...very strange.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Full moon yesterday!

storygirl said:

My kids (6 &8) got up without me having to drag them out of bed. They showered and dressed with plenty of time to spare...then *shakes head, still in disbelief*...they straightened their rooms. As if that weren't strange enough...they did their chores BEFORE school WITHOUT me having to tell them to. My son cleaned the bathroom and my daughter cleaned the living room. I didn't know what to do, so I just stayed out of the way and thought, 'Oh my gosh, I hope they're not ill.'

Maybe, just maybe they'll come home after school and do their homework right away. Or maybe that's just wishful think.

Strange...very strange.

Speaking as a mom. They're planning something. Look out. Both Halloween and Christmas are coming. They may want elaborate costumes, or they may want candy. What ever it is, they're gunning for you. Take your coffee and computer and GO HIDE, for the sake of your own sanity!!

SHHHH. Be vewy vewy quiet. They's huntin' mommies!

Or it could be that a fairy came and substituted two cute lil gnomes for your own 'sweet' kids. In which case, give them the vaccuum cleaner and the laundry bag when school lets out!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
storygirl said:

Strange...very strange.
My boys actually do that on occasion. I think that out of the blue it dawns on them that they should do the things they routinely forget.

As for the homework right after school, this is what I usually do: Have cookies or something ready for them when they come home. My boys are bigger, but I'd give them cookies ro a sandwich and a glass of milk while they do their homework and they always smile and thank me. At least before they went to their dad's house. who knows what evil destruction he is creating at this very moment.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
No brain, no problem!

There are now 4 inches of s*** on my desk. 4. I'll be home in 3 hours. 3. I still have 6 of those burgers left. 6. Any ideas?

Uh Oh. Oops, and I think I may have had too much coffee today. I was brewing espresso into my 24 0z mug all morning and right now I think I am tapdancing on the ceiling. Yup. Well, at least I'll stay up for the game tonite. And the news afterwards. And the late show after that. Then the early show. Then sunrise. And then its ok to start drinking coffee again!:Coffee:

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
I'm STILL at work I will be here until I am a dead old lady. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I need a new career. Any agents out there are invited to pound down my door with offers of copious amounts of cash and promises of world tours......

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
Storygirl, all I can say is wow!

If you figure out what happened to your kids, will you tell us? I have 2 daughters, ages 7 and 10, and I could use a morning like that!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
So I see some of you have theories on what may have happened to my children. I'll have to do some investigating when they get home. If I find out how this occured, KimJo, I will be sure to let you know. As for me, I've been a bit dazed by it all afternoon.

Now I'm just stealing a few minutes of 'play' time before the kiddos get home. Jaycinth and SC, sorry you have to be at work dealing with actual 3-D people. That's just a bummer.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth said:
I still have 6 of those burgers left. 6. Any ideas?

:Coffee:

Make chili out of them. It might actually be cool enough where you are to enjoy it. It's still too hot here to eat it and I've been craving some good chili. White rice makes a good s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-r for chili if you have a thundering herd to feed. ;)

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Stop pulling out my toenails!!

Oh, that wasn't you.

scfirenice said:
Jaycinth, there is a little known thread called pad your post count, you should visit it. Your post count is anemic.

UHHHHHH!!!!! Pressure!!!! Pressure!!!! I have't even gotten an avatar yet. !!!!! ARRUGGGHHHHH. Ok. I'll get some chocolate. I'll post my pads! (OOPS!) Paddle my posts..( OOPS!) I'm a very confused lady right now so I'll argee to do something at some time that involves posts, pads, counting, and the ubiquitous giant moose!!!

Did I mention that I achieved too much coffee?

KimJo said:
If you figure out what happened to your kids, will you tell us? I have 2 daughters, ages 7 and 10, and I could use a morning like that!

You have daughters. They are not teenagers, yet. ( lets see if I get this right.....) HAH HAH MWAHAHAHAHA ( and lets add a wicked cackle here) Gha hahahahahah heeee!

SIGH::::: Just go out to the fairy ring and tell the little sprites just how precious your darlings are. . .

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Unique said:
Make chili out of them. It might actually be cool enough where you are to enjoy it. It's still too hot here to eat it and I've been craving some good chili. White rice makes a good s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-r for chili if you have a thundering herd to feed. ;)

Nope. It is hot and stickey here. Not chili weather ...yet. I've been growing and stringing up hot peppers in anticipation though.:Thumbs:

I think I'll give the burgers to thing#2 she's been wanting to experiment with a new recipie. If I take all of the bleach and fabric softener out of the kitchen, she can't kill anyone. I'll just stop for a sub on the way home. . .

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
My children are precious, and I'm thankful they aren't teenagers yet. But the older one has ADHD and the younger is being assessed for Asperger's syndrome, so mornings can be quite an adventure at our house. (Example from this morning: "Amy, do you have your homework? Michaela, why are you screaming?" "I had homework?" "She made me scream. She tied my shoes too tight.") I try to keep a sense of humor :ROFL: It's even more fun on the mornings I have to work. (I'm a substitute teacher, so I usually don't know I'm working until that morning.)

My 7-year-old built a fairy house in the backyard this weekend, so I'll go there to talk to the fairies.

WVWriterGirl

Inked Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I'm gonna rant a little bit.

I've been out of high school for twelve years, but I would still like to keep in touch with my former classmates. I'd like to send email and such back and fourth, just to keep up with everyone. I can't afford ClassMates.com, so I do the best I can with the old email list that was handed out at our ten-year class reunion (two years ago). It's got a lot of holes...the ones listed there are not the ones I'd really like to get in contact with (either because we didn't part on good terms or because I see them often). Of course, all the people I'd like to get back into touch with didn't come to the reunion for one reason or the other, and well, of course, there's no email listing for them.

I've just spent the entire evening running down email listings for old friends, and having no luck. I'm not asking for help with this...just complaining. People, why do you have to get lost!?!?

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
WVWriterGirl said:
Ok, I'm gonna rant a little bit.

I've been out of high school for twelve years, but I would still like to keep in touch with my former classmates. I'd like to send email and such back and fourth, just to keep up with everyone. I can't afford ClassMates.com, so I do the best I can with the old email list that was handed out at our ten-year class reunion (two years ago). It's got a lot of holes...the ones listed there are not the ones I'd really like to get in contact with (either because we didn't part on good terms or because I see them often). Of course, all the people I'd like to get back into touch with didn't come to the reunion for one reason or the other, and well, of course, there's no email listing for them.

I've just spent the entire evening running down email listings for old friends, and having no luck. I'm not asking for help with this...just complaining. People, why do you have to get lost!?!?
Honey, unfortunately some people want to be lost. Me, for example. My brother, too. Logan High has a webpage where former students go in & post updated contact info. Did you go to Chapmanville? Maybe they have a website with an alumni page too.

I deliberately don't post any information about myself because some people I'd just rather forget. Unfortunately that lets out all the ones I'd rather not forget as well, but that's the price we pay for not wanting to be stalked by the weird ones. (Trust me...It happened, in a very ugly way) A funny thing happened when hubby & I got married: The Banner incorrectly stated that we were married in Lexington and living in Lexington, too. I just figured I'd leave it alone.

I just contact the parents of school friends when I want to get in touch with them. You know how it goes back home. Parents never leave :) Chances are, they all even have the same phone number as they did when you were in high school!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
And what am I doing at this very moment? Growling at Sinner! She woke me up at something like 5 a.m. I slept on the sofa and she woke me by repeatedly poking her cold little nose against my arm. "*poke* back up...wag wag wag *hi Momma* grin...poke poke...back up...wag wag wag...Hi momma...Poke Poke Momma....oh MOMMA!" At this point, Momma opens her eyes and Sinner starts running in circles. So I get up, put her on the leash, stumble down the stairs for a potty break and come back inside. Now I am up and SHE is alseep. In my spot. On the sofa.

Grrrrrr.....

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
I just contact the parents of school friends when I want to get in touch with them. You know how it goes back home. Parents never leave :) Chances are, they all even have the same phone number as they did when you were in high school!

In my case a lot of the parents of school friends have died. I guess I'm lucky that my parents are still alive!

One of my best friends from high school is living in her parents' old house. It is the house she grew up in. Her parents have both passed away. She is now raising her family there. I wonder if she has the same phone number as before!

Last edited:

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:
What am I doing? I'm patiently waiting for Rita...(the storm, not the meter maid)

Rob :)

Good luck, Rob. If you need anything after she passes, let us know.

Cheers, Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.