Status
Not open for further replies.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
Rhymegirl. Diggin' the new avatar. Now get your head out of the sand and get to work.

Carole. I am still dead.

What am I doing? I am at work doing the baby thing. Again.

I did do my work.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Chewing coffee beans.

The efficiency factor. Saves time and I can spit them at folks as needed.

Sorry folks. The agency sent the temp from (BLEEP) back. They said, on short notice, he was the ony one with computer skills. ( I could find a paralyzed slug with better....)

So how did we start this morning? I ignored him. I did my job. Then I did his job. And wouldn't you know it, the sweet thing brought me back all of the mail I had stampped and put in the box labeled "OUT- GIVE TO MAILMAN" and told me that he found the mail and didn't know what to do with it. (pip-pip-pippity pip pip that's the sound of me spitting coffee beans at him)

So my boss calmed me down and bought me lunch and I've gotten to spend the rest of the afternoon in meetings so the rest of the office has to deal with the(BLEEP)

But the 'skins won and I got 2 uninterrupted hours to write, and aside from still not having a committed reader to critique and encourage me, I'm feeling pretty good. (Oh there's no more chocolate left either.)

Oh Here's a funny. My pumpkins cross pollinated my yellow squash and gourds and have I got some big weird looking funny things growing. When I decorate my yard for Halloween, people will talk. HEE HEE HEE.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm covering the computer in my office with plastic bag, getting ready to go home and pull all of the patio furniture and children's yard toys into the garage. Hurricane Ophelia is hovering off our coast and is expected to make landfall in our region sometime late tomorrow. It's only a Category 1, but it's so slow moving, it could do the wind and water damage of a stronger blow that moves quickly. The university has cancelled classes for tomorrow and evacuated all students from the dorms. Wednesday is anyone's guess--it depends on Ophelia. Tonight should be okay, but tomorrow night, we'll be having a camp-out with the kids in the middle of the family room, as far from windows as we can get. We're hoping this one will be more bluster than damage, but the Category 1 that came through last year tipped a tree onto one neighbor's roof (made several holes) and on the other side of our house, broke another pine off half-way up--the top half fell harmlessly in my neighbor's back yard. Category 1 or 5, it's still a scary experience when there are two young children and two dogs in the house. Hopefully the electricity won't go out for any long stretches. I know we won't have anything even close to those poor people in New Orleans and surrounding areas, but say that when the attic is whistling a loud, cacophonous tune, and the trees in the yard are bending like they're made of elastic. What am I doing now? Preparing for the worst. And, I'm the eternal optimist. I'll catch you up in two or three days.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
NeuroFizz, I hope and pray that you and your family make it through the storm unharmed!

Well, right now, I'm waiting for the ink to soak into the cartridge. Yep, I brilliantly decided to be thrify and simply refill the cartridge instead of buy a new one. Big mistake.

I'm pretty sure the skin on my hands in permenantly stained. I know for sure this t-shirt didn't look like a dalmation before I tried refilling the stupid cartridge. The good thing is, the few dots that landed on the carpet actually came out...shocker.

So now I'm waiting for the cartridge be useable again, and if it ends up not working at all...I might have to go wrap my blotchy hands around the manufacturer's throat.

Thank goodness I have plenty of coffee to keep me sane.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
storygirl said:
Well, right now, I'm waiting for the ink to soak into the cartridge. Yep, I brilliantly decided to be thrify and simply refill the cartridge instead of buy a new one. Big mistake.

I'm pretty sure the skin on my hands in permenantly stained. I know for sure this t-shirt didn't look like a dalmation before I tried refilling the stupid cartridge. The good thing is, the few dots that landed on the carpet actually came out...shocker.

Oh, that reminds me of the first time I refilled my printer cartridges. *shakes head...thankful that there was no carpeting involved* There is this nifty stuff that you can get at most dollar stores called M30. It's a hand cleaner/stain remover that comes in a tub. That works on ink for me, as does straight rubbing alcohol and hairspray. Perfume even works in a pinch if it's cheap enough to have a high alcohol content.

Soooo. I am sitting here enjoying a cool, somewhat sunny morning! It's been ages since the words cool and sunny went together around here. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. By noon it will be blistering again. Coffee tastes sooo much better in a sparkly new environment somehow. The doors to the balcony are open and the birds are chirping. Puppykins and I had our morning walk at 6:30. The windows opposite the balcony doors are also open so there's a delicious cross breeze. Hubby did not go back to do hurricane disaster relief, and is back working in Kentucky. Their regular work was so far behind that they had to go back to it. My mind is at ease.

...at least until I have to go back down to the old house to deal with the ex-landlady again today. Boo Hiss. I wanted to stay here all day and get this place together, but I'll work more on that this evening.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Well good mornin' sunshine!!!

I haven't talked to you in ages. So how ya been? I'm glad to hear your hubby is back safe and sound and that you like your new place.

I'll have to try your suggestions to get my hands clean...I look pretty funny right now, 'cuz I just recently noticed I smeared some ink on my face too. I'm so pretty, oh so pretty!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa, news flash!!! Something big is happening in the culdesac across from us. There's a school bus with all the kids standing outside, a cop, and an ambulance. I don't think anyone is badly hurt (at least it didn't appear that way as I peaked through my windows), but this neighborhood is so dang quiet that when a siren sounds... everyone has to check it out. This will be the suberbia scoop of the week, I'm sure of it.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth said:
So how did we start this morning? I ignored him. I did my job. Then I did his job. And wouldn't you know it, the sweet thing brought me back all of the mail I had stampped and put in the box labeled "OUT- GIVE TO MAILMAN" and told me that he found the mail and didn't know what to do with it. (pip-pip-pippity pip pip that's the sound of me spitting coffee beans at him)

I wonder if bad-temp dude goes home in the evenings & tell his significant other that his supervisor is sooooo mean! Haa Haa!!!!!

(Oh there's no more chocolate left either.)

Chocolate has saved many a weary mind.

Oh Here's a funny. My pumpkins cross pollinated my yellow squash and gourds and have I got some big weird looking funny things growing. When I decorate my yard for Halloween, people will talk. HEE HEE HEE.
Now, THAT is funny! My first garden in Tennessee produced some unidentifiable things as well. My corn grew to a staggering 8 inches tall and had the most adorable little 1 inch ears. Tomatoes were kinda strange, too - lumpy and tiny. Nothing did well so I gave up in that spot.

You'll have to post a photo of the mystery punkins! I'm intrigued :)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
storygirl said:
Whoa, news flash!!! Something big is happening in the culdesac across from us. There's a school bus with all the kids standing outside, a cop, and an ambulance. I don't think anyone is badly hurt (at least it didn't appear that way as I peaked through my windows), but this neighborhood is so dang quiet that when a siren sounds... everyone has to check it out. This will be the suberbia scoop of the week, I'm sure of it.

*shudder*....just the idea of ambulances & school buses scares me to death. I hope everyone is ok.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
When I was in 8th grade, my school bus actually wrecked. It had been snowing (this is in CO) and we were headed down a steep and winding dirt road and at the end of the long downhill there was a sharp trun to the right. The bus started skidding down the hill, and the driver couldn't stop it, actually slid right past one stop with the kids standing out there just looking dumbfounded. Anyway, as you can imagine the bus flipped when we got to the end and tried to make the trun. The funny thing was, not a sound was heard. Not one kid screamed (of course I was one of the first stops and there were only about ten of us on the bus at the time). Once it was over, we all started laughing, and I mean hysterically laughing. If I tried to write that in a fiction story, no one would believe it could happen like...kids would scream...heck, most adults would scream, but that bus was completely silent until after the wreck. Every one was ok. We had to go to the hospital and get checked out, but other than bumps and bruises, we were all fine. Anyway, we all had awesome bragging rights and an intriguing story to tell our friends when we finally made it to school that day. But imagine how our parents felt, getting the call, "Your child's school bus was involved in an accident today." Poor parents probably freaked, while we were actually having fun.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Ok...I have two tragedies going on here. One - I can NOT find a pen in this whole place. I just wrote a note for the bellsouth guy in lip-liner. (I swear) I don't think Geico will like it if I fill out their policy renewal questionnaire in lip-liner though. I own a million pens and they have all flown the coop.

Tragedy #2 - I just killed a baby roach in my kitchen and I think I am going to be sick. Ok, people...it has been several years since I have lived in an apartment. If I just moved into this place and I have seen a roach, how do I send any future invaders BACK to their rightful owners!!?? Where I come from, you keep your kitchen clean and you don't GET roaches.

Suddenly the coffee doesn't taste quite so good anymore......

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Oh bummer. Roaches, yuck!!! Sorry, I have no idea how to get rid of them unless you call an exterminator. I understand the pen tragedy though. Pen and lighters are like that...it's either feast or famine...one day you have more than you know what do with, the next day you have none.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I just called my ex-landlady and she swears she knows what to do. Supposedly I need to buy boric acid & put it under the fridge & stove and also put some into jar lids and put those into the back corners of cabinets. She has been renovating houses since something like 1972 and she tells me that she has gotten rid of major infestations that way. EEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!

I SO do not do bugs. Blegh.

I do really well with lighters till hubby is in town. One day I will have 6 or 7 laying about and in my purse, and come Monday morning when he goes back out of town I'll be buying another lighter. I think I need to raid his backpack. I think he must be harboring a home for wayward lighters. Buying pink or flowery lighters doesn't work on him. That's how HE keeps other guys from stealing his lighters. He says that invariably, if one of the guys has nabbed his lighter, at the end of the workday in the truck, they'll say, "Oh...dude, this is your lighter isn't it?"

Ha! Guys are wierd.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
Supposedly I need to buy boric acid & put it under the fridge & stove and also put some into jar lids and put those into the back corners of cabinets...she has gotten rid of major infestations that way.
Good to know, but kind of scary too.

Carole said:
I do really well with lighters till hubby is in town. One day I will have 6 or 7 laying about and in my purse, and come Monday morning when he goes back out of town I'll be buying another lighter. I think I need to raid his backpack. I think he must be harboring a home for wayward lighters. Buying pink or flowery lighters doesn't work on him. That's how HE keeps other guys from stealing his lighters. He says that invariably, if one of the guys has nabbed his lighter, at the end of the workday in the truck, they'll say, "Oh...dude, this is your lighter isn't it?"

Ha! Guys are wierd.
LOL! That's what my husband does, and know what, it works...no one wants to steal and rarely even borrow his lighter!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Yep...guys are sooo wierd.

Well, it's 9 o'clock and that means it's time to skedaddle. See ya'll later.

lil miss firenice, I think the Gods are against us. I tried to post some last night and this stupid DSL was all screwy.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Bye Carole...talk to you later!

Yeah SC, I tried to post last night when you were on too and the dang boards wouldn't let me. Haven't talked to you in ages, so when you do get on here, let me know what's up and how you're doing.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
OH NO! Not Roaches!!!!

Carole. BE careful with boric acid. It works, I'm told by destroying the roaches nervous system. Since roaches are canibals when one comes back with boric poisening and dies the other eats it and the nest gets wiped. Boric Acid does not have a half life. It just is. So If you have pets or babies be very VERY careful.

Now that I've scared you, when we first got our house, our 'upscale' neighborhood was a ghetto. And my house was the ghetto of the ghetto. Even the roaches were ghetto. (And I'm sure this temp was crawling around there with them, too) We bug bombbed the house four times before we moved in, and the week prior to moving I still found roaches. So since we were still "reconstructing" the kitchen and bath I took the boric acid powder and put it liberally on every cross beam that was exposed. then the crew put up the gypsum board and the gunk and the tile, sealing it in forever. By the time we moved in with thing#1 the house was roach free. 17 years later it is still roach free, and the pets were totally protected.

And I really hope temp goes home with horror stories about me. I've got a rep to keep. Where are the coffee beans. Grrrrrrrrrr

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
I am being conspired against. I can feel it. Every time I sign on to this board and Story or Carole are here ALL of a sudden, my computer acts up and won;t let me post. I beat the heck out of my desktop last night for that very reason...HUMPH. SO now I am here and posting away, but ya'll are nowhere in sight.

So today I celaned out my barn, washed winter blankets, ang got things out there ship shape.

Now I am sitting alone on this board. Well, Hello All. I miss you girls. *sniff* Anyone got any good news regarding actual writing related stuff? Let's all meet for coffee. In the middle somewhere. I like a good roadtrip.

BradyH1861

Hold Fast.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
civilwaraddict.com
scfirenice said:
Anyone got any good news regarding actual writing related stuff? Let's all meet for coffee.

I've written some reports today. I don't think that is actually good news though........certainly not for the persons involved in said reports.

Brady H.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth said:
I'm not Carole, I'm not Story, but I'm here, for awhile. Hiding out. Trying not to damage anyone. . . Need a Hug?

You're one of the girls. And yes, I do need a hug. You are somewhere close to me. Let's meet for coffee and hugs. I am sad today. Tired of waiting for rejection letters to roll in, tired of having to get up, leave my child, and go work for twelve hours. Yes, I know it is only three days a week, but still. Wah. Sorry. I need some cheese with my whine.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Awww....I have the 666 blinking brightly tonight! Just follow the trail of cheese crumbs & drizzled whine and you'll be here in no time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.