Status
Not open for further replies.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
Is your prescription screwy? That doesn't sound very good. From blind to dizzy...which is worse?

That's a good question, which is worse. Well, blind wasn't good but I was getting used to it kinda. And it was nice the way people were helping me since they felt bad for me.

I think since this is a new prescription, my eyes just have to get used to the new lenses. The frames may need to be adjusted. Of course, my husband says I'm always dizzy. (dizzy dame)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
KTC said:
I am, ahem, calling you by the title you wished to be addressed, Madam.

No, I simply said my husband sometimes calls me this. It ain't my name, Dude.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my youngest son went off to school today for his first day of school. He's a sophomore in high school now. But he's still my baby. And he's taller than I am. :cry:

I can't believe it's September already.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Alright, kids. Mama can't wake up this morning. I am halfway through my big ole cuppa and I'm still wanting to go back to bed.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Usually I'm up when my daughter gets up because she and I have different ideas regarding what should be worn to school. (Mom: 1,440 / Thing #2 : 6)

This morning it was after 6:30 before I could get out of bed. (Hopefully the school won't call)

I drank the coffee. I actually growled at husband when he approached the pot.

I've been running the coffee maker at work, and I still want to sleep! as a matter of fact, the only thng keeping me awake is ....zzzz...Oh yeah, reading these posts....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:sleepy:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
Alright, kids. Mama can't wake up this morning. I am halfway through my big ole cuppa and I'm still wanting to go back to bed.

Wow, I hear ya on that. I had to get up at 6 this morning to wake up my sleepy son. I haven't been getting up that early all summer. After coffee and being up for about 2 hours, I did go back to bed for about half an hour.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Well, my boys have gone to spend this school year with their dad. That's a good thing as well as a bad thing. They'll be fine...I am just going to lose my mind is all. I know I know. Not far to go on that one, eh? it was the best choice considering our move and all. I am going through withdrawal, though. I get weepy every time I find something I'd ordinarily get irritated over...like the really nasty orange juice bottle under my older son's bed that I found a few days ago.

Soooo. I have no one to wake up and no dirty socks to wash (other than my own) Self motivation is very hard, at least for me. It is coming together, though. I called the U-haul place and told them that hubby is not going to be here after all this weekend so I needed to cancel the reservation. They were nice about it and didn't charge me the $50 they could have. I'm just going to move all the small stuff myself...sleep on a pallet in the new place and wait till hubby finally comes home to get the big stuff.

I did find a sorta reasonable mover, though. That might be an option. Can you believe that some movers raise their DRIVING rates because we are moving into a 3rd floor apartment?? Hourly rates, I undertand...but how does the fact that my new place is on the third floor make it more expensive for them to drive? (by driving rates, I am talking about the rate they charge just to get here...before anything has been loaded!!)

Well, it would seem that the coffee has kicked in. I have two car titles to locate because the towing service is going to be here soon to take the two hunks of junk in the garage. (hey..at least they aren't up on blocks in the driveway!!)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Hey! I know hat I need help with! The towing guys want to know how much I want for these two cars and i have NO idea what to tell them! Hubby doesn't have cell service today so I can't ask him. I was going to be happy if they just TOOK the darn things, but for some reason they want to pay me for them. Any suggestions?

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Would the blue book thing still apply even though they aren't functional cars? I mean, one of them needs a transmission and the other has a mysterious *I don't work* illness.

Gehanna

Introvert
Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing some situps but since I just ate an entire package of Ramen Noodle soup I think I better wait a while.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
Well, my boys have gone to spend this school year with their dad. That's a good thing as well as a bad thing. I have no one to wake up and no dirty socks to wash (other than my own)

Carole, as I was reading your post, I was thinking that the way you've expressed these feelings, I think this would make a really good essay for a woman's/parenting magazine. If you write a first person essay about what it's like to be a mom who is not doing these typical things a mom would do and what that feels like, I bet some editor would feel her readers would relate and she'd be interested in the piece.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
Would the blue book thing still apply even though they aren't functional cars? I mean, one of them needs a transmission and the other has a mysterious *I don't work* illness.

I have to call some place to get rid of our old clunky station wagon that is taking up space in our driveway. My brother-in-law told me that an organization called Helping Hands is interested in cars you don't want; I guess they fix them up and give them to someone else.

We tried to sell this car in the past; no takers even when we were only asking $45 or so for it. The problem: It needs a new transmission and it needs to be towed out of here. Nobody who looked at the car wanted to pay to have it towed. So when I call this Helping Hands place, they will have to tow it if they want it.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
Carole said:
I don't really know...haven't checked it oout in a while. But I think you can get prices based on condition, so maybe.

Rob :)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
rhymegirl said:
Carole, as I was reading your post, I was thinking that the way you've expressed these feelings, I think this would make a really good essay for a woman's/parenting magazine. If you write a first person essay about what it's like to be a mom who is not doing these typical things a mom would do and what that feels like, I bet some editor would feel her readers would relate and she'd be interested in the piece.
You know, I hadn't thought of that. Thank you! I think I have found my first new project for after the move, after I get my submission together for my book. yeah..the book...that thing I have not only set on the back-burner, but also let grow cold.

I can sympathize about the car thing. I contacted the kidney foundation here about the cars because they do a similar thing to what you mentioned. I haven't heard anything back yet, and that really is a bummer. The cougar, at least, is a really nice car. It does have the mystery illness, but that might be something small - who knows, right? Other than the fact that it doesn't run, it's a nice car. (ok...y'all can stop laughing now!) I don't know why these guys want to buy them from me, but they are a salvage yard and make money scrapping them for parts.

Know what I am doing right now? I am bleaching my hair. Yep. I have so much time on my hands that I figured I ought to do something productive.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Do you KNOW how much coffee it took to wake up?!

About the car thing: At least up here in 'Mur-lund' there are a lot of places that will take the car and then the government lets you take a tax deduction for the blue book value. I think places like Purple Heart are national and Goodwill used to do the same thing. Maybe Ask.com can give you a link to car donations. They usually come and take them away.

Here-tell there's a mad scientist lurking around AW that might know more about what to do with cars.

(My buddy says if they run, fill the tank with gas, get yourself some good 'likker', take the car out to a field, drain all the oil, start the car(in park!), put a brick on the accelerator and stand back. You should be able to finish a few shots before the fun begins.)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth said:
(My buddy says if they run, fill the tank with gas, get yourself some good 'likker', take the car out to a field, drain all the oil, start the car(in park!), put a brick on the accelerator and stand back. You should be able to finish a few shots before the fun begins.)

You are too twisted for color TV!!!!! :ROFL:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Why watch tv with all the stuff that happens in my head?

(I'm going to be back in a few to vent, I just have to , um, double check the levels of absolute STUPIDITY before I oops, lets not start yet, I got a good head of steam going, but I'm not quite there.)

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Is it possible to die from bleaching your hair with a lit cigarette in your hand? Hmmm....I meam, the box DOES say to keep away from open flames and stuff like that.

When I was 25, it took like 15 minutes to bleach my hair. The clock's still ticking on my head now. We're just to the OMG orangey-gold now.

Status
Not open for further replies.