Whatcha doin' at this very moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
I offered to help her too story, she has some kind of viking table she says we can't move. I told her we were tough. You girls and all your problems, If I could help either of you, I would. How are you feeling Story? And where's your picture?

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Hubby doesn't want me to post a pic. He thinks you're all insane pyscho freaks that will hunt me down after I put a picture up. I've told him, that yes, you're a little insane, but most writers are way too lazy to hunt anyone down :).

'Bout the move, I once loaded a couch with two reclincers built in (very heavy) into the back of a truck by myself. *Flexing muslcels* I'm tough, little, but, well refer to my title.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, girlies...I have a question. Poor little Sinner got her "hoo-hoo" stapled shut (Hubby's way of saying she got spayed) yesterday. She is SO lethargic today, still. Do either of you know of anything that is used for pain management afterward? Or are they just expected to deal with it? They gave her a shot before I picked her up and she was completely out of it for most of the night. Today she is doing the little whimpering thing but I just don't know if there is anything i can do for her.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
Hey, girlies...I have a question. Poor little Sinner got her "hoo-hoo" stapled shut (Hubby's way of saying she got spayed) yesterday. She is SO lethargic today, still. Do either of you know of anything that is used for pain management afterward? Or are they just expected to deal with it? They gave her a shot before I picked her up and she was completely out of it for most of the night. Today she is doing the little whimpering thing but I just don't know if there is anything i can do for her.

Call the vet and ask, but I have given my dog Bendadryl for allergies, so you may be able to give her children's Tylenol or something. I'd have to call my dad (he's a vet) and ask. But your vet should have an answering service that can page him/her and then you can ask.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, Story, hubby feels the same way and he isn't far off. There are freaky-deakies out there. I just like to live life on the edge. Heh!

I have known girls who have gotten stalkers, but that was in a slightly different situation...where more personal info was available.

Just let it be known.... I have a 12 gauge shotgun and I DO know how to use it! For real. I shoot from the hip, and hit the target in the chest every time, even with lead slugs. Hubby bought me this shotgun after we were robbed a few years ago and made me learn how to shoot it.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
The only pain meds they can have are aspirin, the dose is different. The anesthsia wears off in 12-18 hours and she should be fine.

Story, I'd be offended but I'm too lazy. See tell your hubby. <smile>

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, maybe it would make him feel better if I posted my pic with a disclaimer saying that he is a highly trained sniper and if stalker get within a thousaund meters of this house, they can kiss their a$$ goodbye. It's true, he is a sniper. Hmm, maybe that would work. Think I should run it by him?

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I was trying to avoid calling the vet. The regular vet is out today and the place I took her to yesterday is always swamped. They are just a spay/neuter clinic. I'd hate to bother them, but I will if I have to. They didn't give her one of those funny collar thingies, but fortunately she isn't messing with the incision at all. It's like she hasn't noticed it yet or something.

Awww...she just came and laid down on a little pallet I made for her beside me. She looks exhausted.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
Poor sinner got her susie stapled.... aspirin. She'll be Ok. When our dog got spayed one minute she was lethargic the next she was bouncing all over the place. I have to go and pass out medicines to my peeps. ANY requests from the peanut gallery?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
ANY requests from the peanut gallery?

For what, drugs?? I bought some wine last night so I had a few glasses of that last night. Tooth pain? What tooth pain?

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
sniper, huh? Good deal!!

Yep, it is a good scare tactic. I actually had a funny thing happen, where this bit of info helped my cause. I was at a store and just doing the normal ol' grocery shopping thing, when this young pup (19 or 20) started talking to me. Anyway, his comments weren't exactly appropriate even after I said I was married. Once I told him I was married to a guy twice his size and much better looking, he asked, "So what are you saying? If I come near you you're husband will beat me up?" Of course he was smirking.
I said, "Oh no. He won't have to. He's a sniper, he'll drop you before you're ever even close enough to see me."
Of course, my hubby wouldn't do that, but it made this eager soldier turn around and walk away without another word. I had to hold in my laughter in as the guy walked away.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
rhymegirl said:
For what, drugs?? I bought some wine last night so I had a few glasses of that last night. Tooth pain? What tooth pain?

Clove oil on a little piece of cotton is fabulous for tooth pain. It takes a bit to get used to it, but it does work. After that, I went to Motrin. That helped a lot, too.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
storygirl said:
"Oh no. He won't have to. He's a sniper, he'll drop you before you're ever even close enough to see me."
Of course, my hubby wouldn't do that, but it made this eager soldier turn around and walk away without another word. I had to hold in my laughter in as the guy walked away.

OMG I LOVE it! That's is perfect! I bet that whipper-snapper just about peed his pants!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
OMG I LOVE it! That's is perfect! I bet that whipper-snapper just about peed his pants!

Oh yes, it was funny!!! Is it wrong to kind of enjoy scaring little dorks like that?

So, RG, are you having tooth pain? That's a bummer. SC will have to get you some good drugs...though it sounds like the wine helped.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
It wasn't wrong. You made it clear that you were not interested and he persisted. What would have been MORE perfect is if your hubby had happened to be close by to walk up and REALLY scare the bejesus out of him!

I had this goof-ball try to get me to kiss him in a bar once. Hubby (then boyfriend) was standing RIGHT beside me,but was leaning agaisnt the bar. I was chatting with everyone (imagine that) and he was just sorta lurking...watching. This guy kept on and kept on and I told him that my boyfriend would be too happy about it. He said something like "how would he know" hehehe. Hubby raised up from leaning on the bar and smiled at him. The poor guy was backing off, saying "Dude...sorry, man" Hubby just laughed

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
It wasn't wrong. You made it clear that you were not interested and he persisted. What would have been MORE perfect is if your hubby had happened to be close by to walk up and REALLY scare the bejesus out of him!

I had this goof-ball try to get me to kiss him in a bar once. Hubby (then boyfriend) was standing RIGHT beside me,but was leaning agaisnt the bar. I was chatting with everyone (imagine that) and he was just sorta lurking...watching. This guy kept on and kept on and I told him that my boyfriend would be too happy about it. He said something like "how would he know" hehehe. Hubby raised up from leaning on the bar and smiled at him. The poor guy was backing off, saying "Dude...sorry, man" Hubby just laughed

That is PERFECT!!!! Your hubby is a good sport.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
storygirl said:
That is PERFECT!!!! Your hubby is a good sport.

Oh, most definitely. He only times he hasn't been a good sport is if I can't handle it on my own...you know...if someone is really out of hand.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a weird question...what do your kids do if they're with you and some guy is checking you out or hits on you?

My daughter (6 at the time) and I were going through the store (it's always the store for me) and she was sitting in the cart, facing me as I pushed it. Out of the blue, she yells out, "My mom is married!"
It shocked me and I asked her why she did that and she replied with the ever-faithful, "I dunno."
Later, I found out she thought some guy was looking at my hindend. I bet she freaked him out. And I really think he was probably just trying to read my shirt, which had the CAV symbol and credo on it and my hair is long, so he was probably trying to read around the strands covering words. Anyway, she said he walked away really quick after she yelled that out. He, he, poor guy.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
omg...My boys get sick! Ha! Really. Especially my 18 year old. usually it's benign stuff like we'll be sitting at a stop light when a truckload of construction guys pulls up beside us...standard off-color remarks and whistles commence. Teenage son turns green. My younger son pretends to not notice. he never says a word.

This past spring my older son and I were taking a load of copper to the scrap yard, though, and this icky old guy was a complete jerk...flipping me off and cussing a blue streak because I apparently wasn't moving off the scales fast enough to suit him. Well, that boy o' mine was boiling! As luck would have it, we showed up at the cash-out office at the same time. I wasn't expecting it, but my son went straight up to this nasty old man and verbally ripped him up one side and down the other. "That lady over there? THAT is my MOTHER! You do NOT speak to a lady that way! What are you thinking, old man? Did nobody teach you anything about manners and respect? She deserves an apology!!!" (Insert shocked mother with jaw on the ground here) Well, when the old fart got his senses back, he stood up to my son with his finger in his face...spitting as he yelled at him (NASTY!) so that's when I stepped in, literally between them. The other men in the area had huddled around, I imagine ready to step in. The old fart left.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Yay for your son!!!! That's gotta tell you that you raised him right!!!! What a good kid.

You get a 'Great Mother' award from me!

Speech! Speech!

Just joking you don't have to give a speech, but you can.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I do like to brag on my boys. They are turning into wonderful men. I am very proud of both of them. Their dad is very disrespectful of women, so that has been a real challenge for me. I have had lots of talks with them about how to treat a girl and what is cool to expect and what is NOT cool to expect of girls. I'll have to beat some little chicka up the first time of of my boys get their heart broken. I just want to raise them to be compassionate, loving people, while also teaching them how to protect themselves from being preyed upon. They get a lot of really good advice from hubby and they have a lot of respect for him.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
It sounds like your teaching overrode your ex's bad example. And it's awesome that your boys and hubby get along. I had step parents, step-mom and step-dad, and I couldn't stand either one. Step dad wasn't too bad until later when his alcoholism displayed itself, and step-mom actually tried to drown me when I was six. Yeah, long story, real winners, the both of them. I love it when I see famlies with 'steps' really coming together as one.

So, I've been snooping and found out you and this hubby of yours might try for a chickadee. It sounds like he'd be a great dad, and if that's what you two decide to do, I'll be very excited for you both. I kinda feel like I know your hubby, just through you. Maybe I'm just a little weird, or really weird...that's always a big possiblity.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
storygirl said:
It sounds like your teaching overrode your ex's bad example. And it's awesome that your boys and hubby get along.
Well, he has always been straight up with them. Their real dad constantly gives them reason to doubt what he says and hubby is probably the most honest person on the planet.

I had step parents, step-mom and step-dad, and I couldn't stand either one. Step dad wasn't too bad until later when his alcoholism displayed itself, and step-mom actually tried to drown me when I was six. Yeah, long story, real winners, the both of them. I love it when I see famlies with 'steps' really coming together as one.

I hate that for you especially the Step mom thing! OMG!!!!!

My boys dispise their step mom, but what can you expect? She's happily married to a jerk. She can't be right in the head.

So, I've been snooping and found out you and this hubby of yours might try for a chickadee. It sounds like he'd be a great dad, and if that's what you two decide to do, I'll be very excited for you both. I kinda feel like I know your hubby, just through you. Maybe I'm just a little weird, or really weird...that's always a big possiblity.

We might...~sigh~ It would be a wonderful thing, really. I would give up the cigarettes pronto. Hubby would be the most amazing daddy. He's very grounded and realistic. I think it would only be a good thing to being another into this world with some of his DNA. The world needs more awesome people.

And you aren't weird! I tend to gush a lot about him...can't help it. He can be a jerk..don't think he is perfect, but my vision of perfection comes because of this: When he is a jerk, he owns up to it! When he is wrong, he admits it. When he is hateful, he apologizes. When he is lazy, he grins at me and winks and I jsut can't be mad!

(Plus....he is absolultely MAGNIFICENT!...if you catch my meaning!!! ~*le HUGE sigh!!!*~

Status
Not open for further replies.