Whatcha doin' at this very moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
i actually can't wait to get settled in and start reading others' work. Right now I'd probably be way too random to be of any help at all.

And yes....adorable!

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
oh gods..... OK anyway. Randomness is ok. I'll take what I can get. I'm going to quite writing and become a professional free Beta, so send me all your stuff, you too story and let me at it.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth said:
Yikes!!!!!!! I've been treating the first drafts like blind dates. I got through them but that doesn't mean I EVER want to see them again.

Can I keep the second drafts and call it even?

I haven't saved my drafts either. I did find one a few days ago...in NOTEPAD of all places. It's awful!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
Isn't it funny how you think you have da bomb then after major edits and rewrite you find your original really sucked.

Sucky would be a really nice thing to say about the one I found! It reeks. And yes...I was SO proud of it!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
SC, how rude, you sneak away after pre-occupying me with your excerpt! (he, he)
Anyway, I crittered it. BTW, I can't spell either, so I'm no help there. Sorry it took so long, everyone I know from CO kept calling to see if I was still alive, after the third call, I just started telling them no and hanging up. :)

Carole, you don't keep your drafts? I love looking at them, they make me laugh!!!! At least I can see how far I've come when I look at my work, and I'm going through so much rewriting now because I was a closet writer for so long that I have this huge stack of material I need to reshape...oh heck, I didn't know what I was doing, and I wouldn't show anyone, so it was hard to improve, so 'reshape' is not a strong enough word. I've got to tear it down to the very foundation and rebuild it...that's not easy with 150,000+ words per ms, and I've got a few.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
I, too, have been a closet writer for years and I have a lot of stuff begging for a re-write. I just toss out the old when I edit.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
OMG! YOU? You toss something when you're done with it???????
Catch me, I'm going to faint.

*Conks head*
Ouch...great catch Carole....shessh, can't count on your friends for nothing anymore...I tell you what...

I keep my very first draft and my last one, just for comparisson reasons...but I'll rewrite a lot! Once or twice through just won't do it when you write like I do...it's scary I tell ya!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
storygirl said:
OMG! YOU? You toss something when you're done with it???????
Catch me, I'm going to faint.

L. M. A. O. !!!!!!!!! I can only do that because it is overwritten with an edit. I have EVERY hard copy of everything. I can just never find any of it. Until we're moving, of course.

*Conks head*
Ouch...great catch Carole....shessh, can't count on your friends for nothing anymore...I tell you what...

Hey...a little head's up next time you decide to go all floppy on me, ok?

I keep my very first draft and my last one, just for comparisson reasons...but I'll rewrite a lot! Once or twice through just won't do it when you write like I do...it's scary I tell ya!

What's scary is knowing that you keep anything! I'd worry about the chillens (children, for you non-southern speaking types) being tossed out with the bathwater!! heh heh

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Chillens is a word I'm accustomed too. I took to that one right away 'cuz I liked it.

If they happen to go with the bathwater, it's not my fault...the drains shouldn't be so dang big!

Actually, I hang on to 'sentimental' things...kid's first aced spelling test, a cute story they wrote at school, that type of thing. It's all in my filing cabinet, therfore not contributing to clutter...which is my nemesis.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Well, color me impressed. I have a newfound respect for your ability to keep. Hey! Maybe if I sneak in filing cabinets to your family, they'll be able to keep thier stuff from being tossed?!

Oh...Lordie. I have to bolt. I have been here for WAY too long, hubby is STILL sleeping (how DARE he?!) and I have to pack.

See ya later!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Later Carole! Have fun packing!!!!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Could it get a little more difficult?

Well, I just found out that hubby is being sent off to Louisiana, Alabama and Florida for emergency work and will be gone for at least 3 weeks.

I get to finish this move by myself. This really sucks.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Ah tweety, I'm sorry....

Do you have anyone around to help?

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse

swooping after you
Registered
Reaction score
I am currently in the middle of remaking my blog into a full website with a sexy design and all that jazz

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth & Storygirl, Thanks.

I have no one around to help. All the fam is scattered throughout the east coast and the guys who were gonna help are all going with hubby. I can get it figured out, though. Worst case scenario, I may be able to go to labor ready and hire a couple of guys to haul the big stuff.

I'm really worried about him. He's going into a war-zone. The cellphone towers he normally works on are dangerous enough when they are in good shape. I don't want to think about what they'll be like when they are damaged.

They aren't going to be able to get hotels (nothing available anywhere-already checked) so they all went out & bought sleeping bags and coolers this afternoon. Some of the tower owners may offer to let them bed down in their offices. That would be better than nothing.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I hope you get help moving...what awful timing.

Trust me, I can empathize with you sending a hubby into a war zone...

I'm here for moral support of course, I just wish I could do more.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Storygirl, awful timing is spot-on. Except for the hazard pay. That's really going to come in handy with the move and all. I'd rather have him safe than bringing in big paychecks though, ya know? You can relate to the war zone...it doesn't get more real than your hubby, does it? holy cow.

Nique Zoolio, I'm sure he'll be ok. I'm just a worry wart even in the best of circumstances, so you can imagine. He's been in this line of work for about 7 years, so I trust his skill. I just don't trust rickity old cellphone towers.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Having coffee...waiting for hubby to get up...getting ready to take him to the shop so they can go to Louisiana...worrying myself to death...in other words, not much - how bout you?

Status
Not open for further replies.