Whatcha doin' at this very moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Jokes cracked me up!!!!

Just got these from a friend, hope they come out right. cut n paste!
GREAT QUOTES BY GREAT LADIES</B>

Inside every older lady is a younger lady -- wondering what the hell happened.

-Cora Harvey Armstrong-

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

The hardest years in life are those between ten and seventy.

-Helen Hayes (at 73)-

I refuse to think of them as chin hairs. I think of them as stray eyebrows.

-Janette Barber-

Things are going to get a lot worse before they get worse.

-Lily Tomlin-

A male gynecologist is like an auto mechanic who never owned a car.

-Carrie Snow-

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry with your girlfriends.

-Laurie Kuslansky-

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being, hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.

-Erma Bombeck-

Old age ain't no place for sissies.

-Bette Davis-

A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't.

-Rhonda Hansome-

The phrase "working mother" is redundant.

-Jane Sellman-

Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows.

-Jennifer Unlimited-

Whatever women must do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.

-Charlotte Whitton-

Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together and your body starts falling apart.

-Caryn Leschen- <

I try to take one day at a time -- but sometimes several days attack me at once.

-Jennifer Unlimited-

If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

-Catherine-

When I was young, I was put in a school for retarded kids for two years before they realized I actually had a hearing loss. And they called ME slow!

-Kathy Buckley-

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb -- and I'm also not blonde.

-Dolly Parton-

If high heels were so wonderful, men would still be wearing them.

-Sue Grafton-

I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.

-Roseanne Barr-

When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country...
-Elayne Boosler-

Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

-Maryon Pearson-

In politics, if you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.

-Margaret Thatcher-

I have yet to hear a man ask for advice on how to combine marriage and a career.

-Gloria Steinem-

I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man, I keep his house.

-Zsa Zsa Gabor-

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.

-Eleanor Roosevelt-

Send this to five bright women you know and make their day.

(Every woman I know is bright --so I am sending to several.)

Blessed are the cracked; For it is they who let in the light.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
At this very moment...I am finally enjoying a relaxing evening! Although some folks seem to think it is ok to show up a DAY early for the big ole yard sale!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Hit those early birds over the head with a bottle!!!!!
That'll teach 'em!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Jaycinth said:
Hello Carole, Story, Rhyme, Scfir, and all.

HI!!!!

Much calmer today, so I didn't post a rant. (but I wrote it and saved it!)

Lord, you sound like ME!

Carole, If I were in Tn, I'd help you pack. But here is an interesting alternative to a yard sale. WWW.Craigslist.org. My friend and I have been cleaning out our basements by putting things on craigs list. A lady drove 75 miles to get an old creepy prom dress that BK was selling for $5.00. And you know the ivy that climbs all over everything (not kudzu, the english stuff.) We were pulling it off the trees and someone came by and offered to buy it. Evidentally it sells for 5.99 a bunch at the garden store. So BK put it on Craigs list for $1.99 a can. (big old coffee cans) and people were driving from Manassas and Hagerstown to buy it. You can also post your yardsale date, etc.
Sometimes I toss a pat of butter in the veggie soup and that seems to add the boost of flavor I miss when I eliminate the meat. But I am sooooooo tired of cooking for ungrateful..... anyway I'm gonna take the big old bread bowl. (you know, one that is big enough to mix up 3 or 4 loaves of bread) And I'm going to fill it with lettuce, spinach, beet tops, carrots, basil, tarragon, thyme, sweet pepper, julienned squash....you get the picture. mmmmmm salad.! If they want meat they can open a can of spam.

I checked Craigslist, but the closest one I found was for Nashville and that's about 3 1/2 hours away. If after the yard sale we still have stuff left over I'll consider it though. I have SO much vintage everything here! I know when I was really into collective vintage I would have made that drive.

I used to do the butter in the soup thing, but now i just do straight veggies. Just a little S&P and I am good to go.

We are overrun with kudzu and I hate it! It's all we can do to keep that stuff trimmed back. I think it has a mind of its own! We do have a little English ivy, but not enough to sell I think. But hey...I'm not going to be living here much longer. What do I care if someone buys it all!? (joking!)

Oh the jokes cracked me up. Heh Heh Heh!
Cool! Hubby just kinda looked at me with a cocked eyebrow when he read them.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Ok. Ya'll can blame Storygirl for this confession...I am completely smashed. 3 sheets, even! Hubby came home from out of town (WooHoo!!!!!) and invited one of his friends over (after we napped on the sofa). He asked his friend to pick up a big ole bottle of Crown Royal for me (hubby doesn't drink) on his way over and so the rest is history. I have the Crown and a bottle of Sprite in the freezer and Lord help me..I think I might just make a serious dent tonight!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
"Make a serious dent?"
Is this more colorful sayings from the south, or am I just out of the loop?

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
Carole said:
I have the Crown and a bottle of Sprite in the freezer and Lord help me..I think I might just make a serious dent tonight!

Be careful Carole, don't want you to dent your head
falloff.gif

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
storygirl said:
"Make a serious dent?"
Is this more colorful sayings from the south, or am I just out of the loop?
~**~laughing~**~
Making a serious dent = digging deep into that bottle. It's almost half empty now!

In my defense, Pat, hubby's buddy, has had a couple himself. I'm working straight out of a double highball, myself! Woot!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
JAlpha said:
Be careful Carole, don't want you to dent your head
falloff.gif
I love your smileys!

I'll not dent my head. Hubby is really nice about looking after me when I get "all goofy".

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
JAlpha, your smileys crack me up!

Carole, thanks for the 'dent' clarification. So is your hubby going nuts yet trying to keep you and his friend from TPing the neighbors house and rapelling off the roof?

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
storygirl said:
Hit those early birds over the head with a bottle!!!!!
That'll teach 'em!

You saw that photo of hubby, right? Well, with his glasses off and all that, some people are a "wee bit" skeered of him. He answered the door when the last earlybirds arrived. I dunno if they'll be back tomorrow, even though he was very nice to them.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
LOL!!!
My husband has the same affect on people. He's tall and broad, and his very light blue eyes really contrast his dark hair and skin, and his eyes are really deep set, so he just looks intimidating...but he's the biggest sweety in the world. Sometimes though, those 'mean' looks come in handy.

Ever wonder if they feel kinda bad about people being scared of them? Or do you think they secretly enjoy it?

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
storygirl said:
LOL!!!
My husband has the same affect on people. He's tall and broad, and his very light blue eyes really contrast his dark hair and skin, and his eyes are really deep set, so he just looks intimidating...but he's the biggest sweety in the world. Sometimes though, those 'mean' looks come in handy.

Ever wonder if they feel kinda bad about people being scared of them? Or do you think they secretly enjoy it?

Hubby says to tell you this: "I know how people look at me. I work hard to cultuivate this image. I'tw hard being as pretty as me"

Straight from the horse's mouth!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, hubby and family waiting for me to beat them up...er, um, I mean, join them for dinner. See you later!
Carole, make sure hubby keeps a close eye on you!!!!!
'Night all!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
You girls are having fun I see. Just popped in to say Hi. Hubby is waiting for me to join him in watching the steelers beat up on the redskins.

My husband is watching the Patriots vs. the Green Bay Packers.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out what to do tonight. Not usually anything good on TV. I just finished reading a novel. I could be revising my young adult novel but my brain is kinda tired.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
rhymegirl said:
I'm trying to figure out what to do tonight. Not usually anything good on TV. I just finished reading a novel. I could be revising my young adult novel but my brain is kinda tired.
Yeah, take a break. You've had a long week as it is. Are you ready to put your YA out there? Or do you already have an agent.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finished reading The Twelfth Card by Jeffery Deaver. I like thrillers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.