Whatcha doin' at this very moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
rhymegirl said:
Well, I went with chicken. Now we're getting ready to have some nice warm apple pie.

Boo Hiss! Or should that be "Waaaa!"? I had 1/2 a bag of Funyons, and I am thinking about putting on a pot of Caw-fee. Moving in 2 weeks or less, and tons to pack. Blast it. It took me 3 years to finally settle in and now we're moving again. This will be something like my 24th move since I graduated high school. I'm not *that* old....just move a lot.

I can't imagine having to teach someone how to diaper a baby. That blows my mind. I had my first son when I was 19 and, astonishingly enough, no one had to teach me how to diaper him! I also taught myself how to steirlize a bottle and prepare formula. Then again, I may just be a super-genius in disguise!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
I can't imagine having to teach someone how to diaper a baby. That blows my mind. I had my first son when I was 19 and, astonishingly enough, no one had to teach me how to diaper him! I also taught myself how to steirlize a bottle and prepare formula. Then again, I may just be a super-genius in disguise!

Hi Carole!

Well, I feel stupid compared to you. I had my first son at 31 and I did NOT know how to diaper a baby. I needed mucho help. My husband actually did a better job of it than I did. He was very calm and I was very nervous. That makes a big difference. And when they show you babies getting changed on commercials, they show placid, little happy babies holding still. What they don't tell you is that babies WIGGLE like crazy!

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
rhymegirl said:
And when they show you babies getting changed on commercials, they show placid, little happy babies holding still. What they don't tell you is that babies WIGGLE like crazy!

Boy, they DO don't they? The first bath I gave was definitely an experience with the slippery baby wash AND the wiggle worm!

~DER~ I feel like a big ole goofy meannie now! It was all just kinda natural to me. I dunno. Maybe it was because I come from such a large family.

In the hospital when my older son was born, he was actually such a...um...err...*how to say this nicely*...he was a VERY loud baby. Anyway, the nurses came to my room and asked if I would keep him with me because he was keeping all the other babies in the nursery awake. So there I was. Diapering, feeding and all that from the get-go. The brought a stack of those teeny tiny diapers and a tray of the itty bitty water bottles and the rest was up to me. I nursed him at first, so figuring out the fomula thing came later.

There is a very funny thing about that time in the hospital. He recently discovered a photo his dad took of him and me while I was breastfeeding him, but all you could see was him and my left boob. He came to me the other day with this completely horrified expression, holding the photo, and said, "Mom...please...just tell me that the person in that picture with me is you, ok?" I thought I was going to fall out of my CHAIR! I told him, "No, they have ladies who come around to the hospitals who breastfeed the babies until the mommies get their milk." He thought for a second, then called me a smart aleck.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Unique said:
that's what the pins are for

Well, actually, when I babysat years and years and years ago, they did use those cloth diapers with pins. That was quite tricky to master. The poor kid almost got jabbed, you can believe it.

But I was trying to learn to diaper with Huggies, Pampers, the new-fangled diapers. You would think that would have been easy. Unfortunately, a newborn has a really tiny butt. They practically wear the diaper like a dress.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, no, no, Kathy. You pin the baby down, THEN you diaper him. Like a butterfly, get it?

(who called me attila the mum?)

Just finished that cake, BTW. yummy.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
What am I doing right now?

Trying to catch up on all these posts. Jeez, why do you guys have to write so much?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Carole said:
There is a very funny thing about that time in the hospital. He recently discovered a photo his dad took of him and me while I was breastfeeding him, but all you could see was him and my left boob. He came to me the other day with this completely horrified expression, holding the photo, and said, "Mom...please...just tell me that the person in that picture with me is you, ok?" I thought I was going to fall out of my CHAIR! I told him, "No, they have ladies who come around to the hospitals who breastfeed the babies until the mommies get their milk." He thought for a second, then called me a smart aleck.

:ROFL:
I'm so glad my husband never took any boob shots. However, he did take a few naked kids in the tub shots. Are they embarassed whenever they find one of those!

alanna

Registered
Reaction score
I'm screaming...mentally, of course. The rest of the house is asleep. Maybe this would be a good night to whip out the pastels...hmm....there is that, but I'm in such a bad mood it will only do for a quick fix. So tomorrow, I break out the oils! I'm thinking Jackson Pollack (spelling?) style. Better yet, spend two hours on an intricate and stunning geometric pattern and THEN go Jackson Pollack on the canvas. Hmm....

Normally, I turn to writing to take my mind off things. However, coherent thought is required for putting words on paper. As you can tell fomr this post, I am currently not thinking very clearly. In fact, I am rambling. So I will stop here and cease rambling.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
We have a naked kid in the tub VIDEO! It is priceless! My older son (yes..the poor dear has a lot of humiliation to live down) was in the tub with his two cousins. The oldest was 4, the next was 3 and my son was 2. My son took a great interest in the little *willie* of the 4 year old when he stood up. Well, it WAS right at eye level! The priceless part was when my son flicked it and giggled while his cousin, the poor flick-ee, screamed, "Papaw...make him stop that!"

Yes, that bath time was a family affair complete with camcorder. I am wondering which of those three boys, now 18, 19 & 20 years old, it will best benefit me to blackmail! Wuahahahaha!!!!! They all have girlfriends who would no doubt love to see that movie!

Writer2011

Registered
Reaction score
Trying to see what everyone else was doing earlier...Me... not much really.

Carole...good luck with the move, I know you hate it. I would hate having to move 24 times myself.

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
Making cookies for the 250 + AW guests that are here tonight :)

http://www.delightfuldeliveries.com...P=30000&PCR=1:10000:10300&IID=mb-1cook&R=9893

651_lg.jpg

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Oh man Jalpha, you're always posting pictures of goodies, which make me hungry.

If I gain fifty pounds, I'm going to blame you.

I'm off in search of cookies.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Listening to the sound of roadwork on my street. Woke up to find them digging up my street and we weren't even notified! Nothing was in the paper about it and there were no signs posted. I don't like that kind of surprise.

JAlpha

Smilie Fanatic
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
diaryofaliteraryfictioneditor.blogspot.com
Having a conversation with my computer. I haven't been able to log onto my Bellsouth homepage all morning. The following message keeps popping up . . .

OK an error has occured

Then I say . . .

DUH!

Been doing that all morning, and now I can't decide whether I need IT help :Hammer:, or a therepist :crazy:

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hiding out in my room pretending to be busy so I don't have to watch Son of the Mask again with my kids. Ugh, can't stand that movie!

Status
Not open for further replies.