Status
Not open for further replies.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
aadams73 said:
Are you one of those rare Americans who like vegemite? I can't get my husband to like the stuff, although in all fairness, he tried.

First thing I did on arriving in Sydney 12 years ago was find a cafe that was open at 6:30AM and order Vegemite toast and a long black. It's taken some training, but now I'm addicted. (My 2-year-old daughter is too.)

By the way, bad news for the Aussies if you haven't seen it: the Wallabies got thumped by the All Blacks this weekend, and England look like going 2-1 up in the Ashes series. It's the apocalypse!

(Right now, I'm having a cultural exchange moment.)

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Vegemite:scared: I think it's the smell. If I could get it past my nose, I might be able to eat it.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm - now I've got this image of Punch and Judy, with giant schnozzes, starving because they can't reach their mouths...

(I know what you mean, though. But it's great stuff after a long night!)

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
Thinking about going to bed, yes, actually I AM a loser....

Hey! Why do you say stuff like that? Now look in the mirror and say: I deserve great things because I'm a good person. I'm good enough, smart enough and doggone it people like me. (Stuart Smiley)

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
ohhhhh lord....it's nine thirty, I should be WORKING (edits, proposals, outlines, anything...I'm on the computer playing and ready for bed...I think loser applies... Thanks though.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
So Rhyme, you write articles. Is it hard? I write books maybe, I'm thinking, I could write articles. I saw on another thread that parenting crap is hot. I'm a parent; I haven't killed my kid yet. Something must be going right...huh.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've only written one article that is soon to be published. It was not too hard to write because I know a lot about greeting cards. If you know A LOT about your subject, it's much easier to do.

I've written 4 feature stories for my local newspaper. In that case I had to go get the story. I love talking to people and asking them questions. I interviewed my son's friend Jon who is the lead singer for their band. Just prepared the questions ahead of time and asked him at my house. (I taped our interview and wrote stuff down). Another piece was about a museum; the editor said I could just ask questions over the phone but I decided to go there so I could see the place for myself. That was interesting.

sgtsdaughter

Nearing the end of an era
Registered
Reaction score
stuck between Wonder Woman and Lady Columbia
dowloading obnoxious cursors on my dad's computer. just settled on one that poops accross the screen. yes, for a 29 year i can be rather childish and annoying. but this sure is fun.

next, i think that i will dowload some of my favorite tv theme songs from the 80s in his computer. then i just might password it, so that he can't get them off. . . .nah, that might send him over the edge. the poopie head stays though.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I'm sipping luke warm coffee because I'm too lazy to go refill my cup right now. As soon as I gulp down this cup, an empty mug will be motivation enough for me to leave my computer.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
scfirenice said:
So Rhyme, you write articles. Is it hard? I write books maybe, I'm thinking, I could write articles. I saw on another thread that parenting crap is hot. I'm a parent; I haven't killed my kid yet. Something must be going right...huh.

Sc~ Just had to put my two cents in.
Your posts are always full of humor and entertaining to read. I think if you apply your wit and knowledge, you could write a dang good article. Maybe one for nurses, for working moms, or writers trying to break into the industry...something you know and care about. I say go for it! I think you'll do great.

Hey, I like your new title. That's cute.:) Oh yeah, and I love the pic!

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
storygirl said:
Sc~ Just had to put my two cents in.
Your posts are always full of humor and entertaining to read. I think if you apply your wit and knowledge, you could write a dang good article. Maybe one for nurses, for working moms, or writers trying to break into the industry...
!

Or for moms pretending to be nurses are really and are trying to break into the hardest industry in the freaking world!!!

Thanks. Heard anything new? I don't think Rg appreciates me so if you need a best friend. let me know.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Of course RG appreciates you! Who couldn't?

I'm always in the market for friends...my imaginary ones have really been bugging me lately!

Haven't heard anything new. I don't expect any type of reply for about three months. How 'bout you?

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
That's right, you're at your moms, huh?

High speed Internet...I'm jealous!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
A heat wave, interupted by thunderstorms, just to leave the air hot and muggy.

Ah, it's not so bad. I do have AC, but no highspeed.

Hey, I saw the picture you posted on your profile. Cute kiddo!

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, we think so.

Sorry about the dial up, don't you hate it? We were going to get D way, but someone said it wasn't that good. I miss the south. I grew up in SC (duh.) You're lucky to still be there!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
I grew up in CO and I miss the Rocky Mountains.

TN's not so bad. We like it alright, and we'll make the most of it while my hubby is stationed at Ft. Campbell. Who knows where will end up next. Could be Timbuktu for all we know.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
I saw your prof. You ride? Do you have your own? I have two: a paint and a QH. Both are awesome to ride. What are you doing tomorrow, we can go! <smile> Don't get me started on horses, I'll yammer on forever.

I bet the west is alot like the south as far as friendliness of the people.

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
No, we shouldn't get each other started!

We had mainly quarter horses. I miss riding them and that's the first thing I do when I go back home. The mountains bordered our property and we'd go on all day rides and just have a blast (my brother and I). Now he's in Germany, and we're in TN. Oh well, that's part of growing up, I suppose.

Ok, let's go ridding. You gotta horse for me?

Nicholas S.H.J.M Woodhouse

swooping after you
Registered
Reaction score
I am currently reading through my first comedy short story (its about a man whos body begins to tell the history of mankind....and the future!)
what a hoot!
going to rewrite the end in a few minutes.
the current one is that it goes where the sun doesn't shine -
i was trying to be political and poetic about history and man - and came out with an arse story.

scfirenice

professional multitasker
Registered
Reaction score
Two. A paint and a QH. Both are awesome to ride. I'm ready, I can have the trailer hooked up in three minutes, of course it'll take me four hours to get home. Let's go. I don't have to ask if you rode English or western.

Status
Not open for further replies.