PDA

View Full Version : Personal & writing blog

emilycross
04-13-2009, 02:24 AM
Hi all,

I've recently discovered how to do (very Very) simple html code for nav links and background images. My blog is both a personal and writing blog (although i have seperate blogs for advice and bookreviews)

Would love some feedback:

http://thechroniclesofemilycross.blogspot.com/

stormie
04-13-2009, 05:59 PM
I like your title, and the layout of two-column format. But (and maybe it's because I haven't yet had my second cup of coffee) I had to do too much scrolling to get to the bottom. Maybe separate your posts into pages? Or, say the top ten, the next ten, etc, books?

Otherwise, a good read!

shokadh
04-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Hey Emily. Nice blogsite. Are you really a navy wife? I have a good friend who would love to connect, or you may already know her, being the tight-knit community that it is in the Navy.

Loved your pictures of the Okinawan coast. It reminded me of the Oregon coast--which I love.

Thanks for posting:)

Kathleen42
04-13-2009, 06:57 PM
Honestly, the background is really distracting - too busy. Also not crazy about scrolling through long posts of lists. You may want to see if Blogspot lets you put in some sort of "read more" feature so that you can post the first few items from a list but a user has to click to see the rest. Both WordPress and LiveJournal have this.

emilycross
04-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Stormie & Kathleen: Thanks for the suggestions - i appreciate it thanks!!

Shokadh: I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

veinglory
04-14-2009, 06:17 AM
Hi there. The blog has a nice look. But I think the posts might need a little work to catch readers attention.

Izz
04-15-2009, 02:51 AM
Hi Emily

While i like the simple layout of the blog, i also had trouble with the list posts and the scrolling. But other than that, nice job.

Little Earthquake
04-23-2009, 10:22 PM
I think the layout and header is lovely - especially the quirky text colors. In some contexts pink or purple text can be distracting, but on your blog it's whimsical.

The only thing I'd suggest is that when you're ready to look for a job, you eliminated the reference to "soul sucking 9 to 5 job" from your profile. I don't know if "Emily Cross" is your real name or a pseudonym, but on the offhand chance a potential employer ever DID find this blog, you want to appear to be as professional as possible. (I personally try to avoid talking about work at all online.)

That's just one small thing, though. Overall, it's a really cool blog. Oh, and I like the covers you created for your NIP :)

emilycross
04-23-2009, 10:43 PM
I think the layout and header is lovely - especially the quirky text colors. In some contexts pink or purple text can be distracting, but on your blog it's whimsical.

The only thing I'd suggest is that when you're ready to look for a job, you eliminated the reference to "soul sucking 9 to 5 job" from your profile. I don't know if "Emily Cross" is your real name or a pseudonym, but on the offhand chance a potential employer ever DID find this blog, you want to appear to be as professional as possible. (I personally try to avoid talking about work at all online.)

That's just one small thing, though. Overall, it's a really cool blog. Oh, and I like the covers you created for your NIP :)

Thank you so much :)