Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
These continuing conversations (especially the comments, in which the same things are being said over and over and over) make me tired. But I suppose if the angry unpublished are so busy spewing vitriol at agents, then they aren't spending that time and energy writing a better book, and it leaves more room in the market for the rest of us.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
But I suppose if the angry unpublished are so busy spewing vitriol at agents, then they aren't spending that time and energy writing a better book, and it leaves more room in the market for the rest of us.

True. A good way of looking at it.

Saskatoonistan

Still the wrong side of Saskatoon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sean-cummings.ca
These continuing conversations (especially the comments, in which the same things are being said over and over and over) make me tired. But I suppose if the angry unpublished are so busy spewing vitriol at agents, then they aren't spending that time and energy writing a better book, and it leaves more room in the market for the rest of us.

Viva capitalism!

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
If you can't lunch at The Ivy and cavort amongst piles of money, why be an agent?

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
I was struck by the rather negative first sentence of the article. Are agents really "often regarded as the villains of the publishing world"?

I mean, I know I've heard plenty of stories about bad agents (not just fraudulent ones who aren't actually agents at all, but legitimate ones who do unsavory things) and there are always a large number of upset writers who are angry that agents haven't taken them on yet, but it has always been my impression that most writers realize that agents are on the author's side more than any other segment of the publishing industry.

STKlingaman

Followed the Red Brick Road
Registered
Reaction score
10,000 No's - a good years worth
"It's not right for us" - commonplace
"Keep on writing, you'll find your way," - good advice

1 yes - priceless.

All you can do is - write & get published, get famous,
get rich beyond rich, they stick your tongue out
and say, "See I told you so."

Status