Oklahoma people please check in

MaryMumsy

the original blond bombshell
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There is a wildfire raging outside of OK City. Several homes already gone, and strong winds.

MM

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
OFG reporting in.

Nasty, nasty winds and a terrible wildfire. I don't think we've got any members in that part of town - skelly's on the other side, to the west I believe, and I'm about ten to fifteen miles northwest of them. The wind is brutal... just now calming down a bit as the storms fire up along the dry line to the east of us.

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
It was a really bad night in Oklahoma. Over 100 houses damaged or destroyed completely... but, miraculously, no one hurt or killed. It's still burning this morning, though not as badly, but the wind is still blowing a gale out there. I fear another bad day.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
So glad you're aok, Jen and praying for everyone in Oklahoma that they will be alright. ((((((HUGS)))))).

Ol' Fashioned Girl

Hand? What hand?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferdahl.com
We got wide-spread heavy rain yesterday and all the fires are out. Hopefully, this will take care of the wildfire danger for at least a while. We got just a hair short of two inches here at the Ol' Homestead, which should inspire the greening up of all the grass. Keep all appropriate appendages crossed.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*crossing many appendages*

I'm praying for a quiet summer.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I spend all of spring and half of summer with as many appendages crossed as I can manage. Tornado, flood, and fire warnings ... all in one place. Who'da thunk it?

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I'm from Oklahoma of old - I hope the state has not flown away or burnt all the way to a crisp! I hope tornado season will go easy on ya'll folks down there!

Sending you hugs and mugs of chocolate and espresso!

Send anchors and chains to hold everything down - OFG's right - I've been here for 11 years and this is the windiest I remember it being since I've been here.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's been more windy here this spring than I can ever remember. Last week, it was gusting to 60mph with sustained winds in the 40-50mph range. It's a wonder we're not all bald here.

You aren't joking! I can't remember a windier spring. My skin feels sandblasted thanks to the baseball games.

pookel

I haz an avatar! :)
Registered
Reaction score
Hope you're all OK in OK! I am from Norman and my family is in Norman and Stillwater.

pookel

I haz an avatar! :)
Registered
Reaction score
Noooo, I can't haz an avatar. The option isn't showing up. But I was pointed to a helpful thread that informed me that I just have to wait for a script to run and it will show up eventually. So I am trying to be patient. :D

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
It's been more windy here this spring than I can ever remember. Last week, it was gusting to 60mph with sustained winds in the 40-50mph range. It's a wonder we're not all bald here.
All I know is, both times I was there to see you and Figment, it was incredibly windy. You say it's windier than that...hard to imagine. You guys must be wearing anchors.

Please stay safe so I can see you next time I pass through, which may be soon. Next few months, or so.