easy name tracking software?

jerrywaxler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jerrywaxler.com
I keep getting, and then losing all sorts of contact names. I know there are simple databases to keep track of contacts, but the one most people know called Act! has so many flaming rants against in on Amazon, I guess I'll pass. Can anyone suggest a good software or ritual that lets you keep contact names in a convenient form (a database or other searchable system) so you can find the information when you need it?

Thanks!
Jerry

kikilynn

You can find me on occasion.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.goodreader.wordpress.com
I automatically have an address book on my mac, but I believe there is something online where you can upload your contacts so their there all the time. I'll see if I can find it and post the web address if you're interested.

jerrywaxler

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jerrywaxler.com
Hodgepodge makes it harder! Love a specific one

Sheesh, there must be a hundred free ones around. Take a look here for starters.

Hi Matera et al,

Thanks for all advice, but I tend to go around in circles. Part of the reason I have been so slow to adopt is because I find freeware pages confusing - naturally since they are free, they are unsupported. And there are so many of them.

I guess I'm not much of an experimenter and would love to know of one in particular that works well, is well supported, easy to use, etc. I'm probably setting the bar too high.

But even if I keep meandering around question, I like talking about it, seeking that Golden Ring which must be out there somewhere.

Jerry