Anyone Notice?

VOTE_BOT

Gott weiß ich will kein Engel sein
Registered
Reaction score
That the Final Four in the contest include two Texans and two Canadians?

International implications, indeed.

Food for thought,

VOTE_BOT

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I've also noticed there's one guy and three chicks...interesting demographics, indeed!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Vote Bot can get a custom avatar now--52 posts.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
And his own title. Perhaps something like "Devil's Advocate" Or "Ninth Deadly Sin"

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Still think it's Haskins, huh Sara?

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
MacAllister said:
I've also noticed there's one guy and three chicks...interesting demographics, indeed!

That's cause girls just rock :)

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Girls do, in fact, rock.

Haskins, by implication--and his protestations aside--also rocks.

BlueTexas

Registered
Reaction score
I've been to Canada...Sarah and DJP, have you been to Texas? William, Canada?

DJP

pounding away at the piano..
Registered
Reaction score
No, I've never been to Texas. I don't do well in extreme heat, give me 40 below any day.

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
DJP said:
I don't do well in extreme heat, give me 40 below any day.
Same here - make that below 30 (Celsius). I don't think I've ever been to Texas; maybe w/my family when I was eight?

ZaZ

Banned
Reaction score
Website
thebobshow.buzznet.com
DJP said:
No, I've never been to Texas. I don't do well in extreme heat, give me 40 below any day.

Holy balls, I thought I was the only one.
I've lived in Texas and spent many fine days in Canada and would happily hop over the border from Minnesota here. I'll take below zero temps anytime as well. In fact, I wear shorts all winter. I suffer in this midwest humidity and living in Dallas where for 11 months out of the year the wind is a hot exhaust was detrimental to my well being.

No offense, Texas, I did a lot of drugs down there and had a ton of fun but I'll take today's 75 degrees and party sunny and call it hot enough.

I'm always ready for a 12 pack in the snowbank while shootin' some pucks.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
I'm always cold, er... Rather, I'm always dressed warm. Sweatshirt, sweater. If it's 90 degrees out, I might get out a tank and capris.

VOTE_BOT said:
That the Final Four in the contest include two Texans and two Canadians?

To be fair, is Sarah really Canadian? ;)

Chaos

Registered
Reaction score
TEXAS!!! I've been there for a NASCAR race....friggin awesome place....Canada went there once had a rather bad time........but I'm really sorry cuz I dont notice....

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Saritams8 said:
I'm always cold, er... Rather, I'm always dressed warm. Sweatshirt, sweater. If it's 90 degrees out, I might get out a tank and capris.
I'm just the opposite. My normal body temp is 96 (I'm almost clinically hypothermic by nature :Shrug: ), so I have no trouble with cold weather, but heat + humidity = very grumpy Sarah.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
firehorse said:
I'm just the opposite. My normal body temp is 96 (I'm almost clinically hypothermic by nature :Shrug: ), so I have no trouble with cold weather, but heat + humidity = very grumpy Sarah.

So... when you come to Australia, let us know ahead of time, and we'll order in extra ice :idea:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
firehorse said:
but heat + humidity = very grumpy Sarah.

Then I'll call you GRUMPY, Sarah. You must not be liking today. I was just outside trying to water the brownery and the therm. out there says 31. Add the humidity to that. But, thankfully, in the house it's a cool 19! (And I know it's probably hotter in T.O. right now. I'm only 25 minutes away, but it's always hotter downtown than it is here. I think we get cool air off the lake or something like that?)

Hope you have central air, Sarah! And, hey, let's be thankful we're not in Barrie. (I have a brother up there. The streets are all flooded from the big storm!)

Mr Underhill

Writer,Burglar,Adventurer
Registered
Reaction score
I don't understand.

I should think the Texians and Canadiens would get on famously. They both like to wear those big funny hats, and ride around outdoors on their horses all day...

What's that you say? Not every part of Texas is dry and dusty and full of gunslingers and tumbleweeds? Not every Canadian is a member of the RCMP or a grizzled prospector or trapper? But... but... I've always been told that Hollywood is a reliable chronicler of culture... Who can you believe?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Actually, it looks pretty much like Ponderosa up here until tourist season. Then we get out all the fake, glitzy facades to attract Americans. We pocket their money, tourist season ends and we go back to our horses and put the shiny Datsuns and Buicks back in the barns. So, depending on the time of the year, you might not see the REAL Canada.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I hate hot and humid, especially without rain. Storms were brewing in my area but alas! the rain didn't come. I was so disappointed. My lawn desperately needed some rain. It was so lusciously green just a week or so ago, and now it's all brown! WTF happened? It went from the greenest lawn in the neighborhood (I was so proud) to patches of ugly brown. You would think with all the humidity in the air, the grass would know how to absorb the moisture like our hair would... ;) I've turned on the sprinklers for hours now... *grumpy*

BlueTexas

Registered
Reaction score
KTC said:
Actually, it looks pretty much like Ponderosa up here until tourist season. Then we get out all the fake, glitzy facades to attract Americans. We pocket their money, tourist season ends and we go back to our horses and put the shiny Datsuns and Buicks back in the barns. So, depending on the time of the year, you might not see the REAL Canada.

;)

West Texas really is dry and dusty and full of tumbleweeds and dirtdevils.

And yeah, Texans really do think their state is as big as Canada. I, however, wouldn't know, having been informed by my neighbors that the opinions of transplants don't count. They were half-joking.

In the county where I live, there probably are more horses than cars, and the girls don't slap, they barrel-race. Sometimes they frighten me ;)

Yesterday it almost hit 100 degrees, and was still 91 at 9 PM.