PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Bartholomew
04-08-2009, 10:30 AM
All right, everyone -- fess up. Server and character names. C'mon. Gimme.

I'm Paula on The Venture Co, Mage Extraordinaire.

###

So, is it just me, or did the writing in the last expansion get, um, a lot better? I seriously went from skipping most of the quest info screens, to crossing the pond and reading all of them. Did Blizzard get new writers? And where the hell do we sign up?

Prozyan
04-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Prozyan, Kael'Thas, rogue. GM of SPG (http://www.wergud.net).

And yes, the scripting got much better with Wrath.

whistlelock
04-08-2009, 10:56 AM
I've been off the warcrack for over a year, and I'm keeping it that way.

Ruv Draba
04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I abandoned Warcraft after its first six months. Too repetitive, too cartoony, not enough quality story.

Strangely though, I stuck with City of Villains for years. Maybe there's a right kind of cartoony. :)

shokadh
04-08-2009, 06:32 PM
Shokadh, Kael'thas, nightelf droo-------!:e2headban

AMCrenshaw
04-08-2009, 08:58 PM
I did WoW for a month and got rid of it. The character models are too silly. Quests all the same.

AMC

Higgins
04-08-2009, 09:06 PM
I did WoW for a month and got rid of it. The character models are too silly. Quests all the same.

AMC

I never played WoW. The whole thing sounded pretty unappealing.

Thump
04-08-2009, 09:06 PM

AMC

Well, yeah... at the lower levels :)

I stopped playing a year ago because of no money but:

Sancelor, lvl 61 Human Warrior chick, Scarlet Crusade

Jynical
04-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Skadhi - lvl 80 BE Hunter on Fizzcrank.
Apate - lvl 63 NE Rogue on Quel'Thalas (that will change.)
Clairenne - lvl 40 NE Hunter on Korialstrasz.

Yeah... I play. Have been since pre-BC. ;)

ETA: I agree that the writing has gotten a bit better. I've been doing a quest chain in Storm Peaks that I absolutely love. It intrigues me.

AMCrenshaw
04-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Well, yeah... at the lower levels

I played fanatically in that first month, with friends who'd been playing for much longer. Not even their camaraderie could keep me.

MMORPGs have always fascinated me, and I've tried plenty. But usually there's too little RP and too many 12 year old kids-- or that's how old they act, anyway.

AMC

Sirion
04-08-2009, 09:31 PM
Tevri of Shandris....mage.

>.>

<.<

*runs away*

You obviously did not play long if you actually believe that. xD

Jynical
04-08-2009, 09:33 PM
I can totally understand not digging WoW and/or All MMORPGs. It takes different strokes to move the world...yes it does.

Higgins
04-08-2009, 10:02 PM
I played fanatically in that first month, with friends who'd been playing for much longer. Not even their camaraderie could keep me.

MMORPGs have always fascinated me, and I've tried plenty. But usually there's too little RP and too many 12 year old kids-- or that's how old they act, anyway.

AMC

I can totally understand not digging WoW and/or All MMORPGs. It takes different strokes to move the world...yes it does.

MMOGs (the RP just confuses people about what is actually happening in the game I think) are an odd genre. In some ways they are diverse and in some ways there are tedious simularities. I've only played UO, AC/darktide and Shadowbane, but they were oddly similar in many ways, though the early days of AC/Darktide were quite something and probably nothing quite as much fun will happen til Darkfall gets a little bigger.

BlueLucario
04-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Dawnbringer Realm

Sheel, a level 33 gnome mage.

GET PAWNED BY THE LITTLE PEOPLE

Thump
04-08-2009, 10:33 PM
I love the little people :D Gnomes FTW :D

I also play Guild Wars because there's no monthly fee. I enjoy it but I hate how structured it is compared to WoW. There's a lot more freedom to how you play in WoW.

Also, it has dinosaurs. Un'Goro Crater is my spiritual home.

Jynical
04-08-2009, 10:36 PM
MMOGs (the RP just confuses people about what is actually happening in the game I think) are an odd genre.

It's sad that people are confused by the RP part of them. But you're right. Even on RP servers, there are ALWAYS people who don't. Having played table-top RPGs though... that part is something I enjoy. WoW is the first MMO I've played. It's fun for us and it's something we do as a family.

But we definitely get the look from friends and family and people who don't enjoy that sort of thing. It's all good, I say. The world would be incredibly dull if everyone liked the same thing.

Jana K White
04-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Well, we couldn't hide the inner geek forever, now could we? FWIW, my 12 year old has her own account, I have my own account, and my husband has 5 accounts he multi-boxes with. Uber-nerds, FTW!!!

My main is Anjadraconis, 70 rogue, Llane server, GM of Varyarrim.:Thumbs:

Jynical
04-08-2009, 11:16 PM
Well, we couldn't hide the inner geek forever, now could we? FWIW, my 12 year old has her own account, I have my own account, and my husband has 5 accounts he multi-boxes with. Uber-nerds, FTW!!!

My main is Anjadraconis, 70 rogue, Llane server, GM of Varyarrim.:Thumbs:

My partner-in-crime and I both have our separate accounts and my 5 year old has a couple of toons. And I totally credit Blizzard for helping teach my kid to read. She's interested in D&D too... so... we're excited to do that with her.

Yay uber-nerds. ;)

Bartholomew
04-09-2009, 01:40 AM
We have a lot of WoW-addicted lurkers. I've gotten more rep points based on my WoW faction than on all of my posts on AW, combined.

I jest. Still, go rep me.

whistlelock
04-09-2009, 02:40 AM
We have a lot of WoW-addicted lurkers. I've gotten more rep points based on my WoW faction than on all of my posts on AW, combined.. 11 million subscribers. WoW has a lot of lurkers everywhere.

Cath
04-09-2009, 03:21 AM
Heh - I have:

L80 Rogue (Madelin)
L68 Death Knight (Sumire)
L35 Warlock (Tamlin)
L20 Mage (Madriga)
L10 Warrior (Madesther)

All Alliance, all on Thunderhorn.* And IMO it's not only the script that's improved with WoTL, the music is phenomenal.

I've been an RPG addict for as long as I can remember, but I love the MMORPGs because of the peeps I meet online - it's more fun to share!

*Okay, I *might* also have a Hordie Lock on Gnomer.

nahalwi
04-09-2009, 03:53 AM
<---addict here. Can really only do one game at a time though, when D3 comes out that will steal my hubby and me away.

It is great fun to do when your spouse plays as well. I get to talk to my brother in-law from out of state a lot, old buddies of my husband from college, current co-workers, my brothers...it's crazy we ended up starting a guild just with RL friends and family who play. I think that's what's really kept us interested is being able to keep in contact with all those people, but still have fun at the same time.

lvl 80 hunter (Kerishai)
lvl 73 druid (Yanezhel)
lvl 72 death knight (Azurite)

all horde :P Ravencrest

Jana K White
04-09-2009, 04:08 AM
Why is no one ever on my server?!?! Gah!!!!!! *pout*

Cath
04-09-2009, 04:31 AM
It is great fun to do when your spouse plays as well. I get to talk to my brother in-law from out of state a lot, old buddies of my husband from college, current co-workers, my brothers...it's crazy we ended up starting a guild just with RL friends and family who play. I think that's what's really kept us interested is being able to keep in contact with all those people, but still have fun at the same time.

I agree - hubby also plays (on his own account) and we socialize in the real world with all the guildies too - it's something that keeps us going back because we're helping x out with this, that, or the other.

Adam
04-10-2009, 08:07 PM
After 3 years of playing, I have:

80 Nelf Priest
71 Human Paladin
70 Nelf Hunter
70 Human Rogue
70 Human Death Knight
48 Nelf Druid
40+ Human Mage
All Alliance, all on Stormrage (EU).

Got a few 20-40 alts dotted about the place too.

Haven't played in 3 - 4 months. Think I've finally quit this time! :D

ETA: I almost forgot... FOR THE ALLIANCE!!! ;)

Calla Lily
04-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm not a gamer, but the bad guy in my mystery is a huge WoW player. Yike. Characters can cause so much work! So I did a ton of Net research, wrote the 2 chapters where the guy's group (eek, I've forgotten already) are in a battle at a Net cafe, and snagged a guy at work who is a HUGE WoW player to beta that part. He gave me a thumbs-up on the technical details. I confess to wondering where gamers get the time for it. It's a time-pit.

Adam
04-10-2009, 09:46 PM
I confess to wondering where gamers get the time for it. It's a time-pit.

In my case, I became a hermit. :)

Off topic - The Facebook link in your sig is wrong by the way. It leads to the FB home page, so if anyone clicks it, they get their own page. ;)

Calla Lily
04-10-2009, 09:47 PM

Off topic - The Facebook link in your sig is wrong by the way. It leads to the FB home page, so if anyone clicks it, they get their own page. ;)

Bah. Thanks. I'll fix it after work. The firewalls here block all those types of sites.

Mr Flibble
04-11-2009, 12:54 AM
OK, I'll 'fess.

I had ME for 3 years. I could do almost nothing that involved actually moving. WOW saved me from the madness of lonlieness while my husband was at work and my kids were at school.

Before I broke my addiction ( the same time I decided to stopping faffing about with this writing malarky and treating it like a bit of a giggle. Time to get serious!) I was on the Dragon blight EU server. I was a 'lock ( Ilfayne), a priest ( Kissmequick - my forum alter ego. Dwarf women r teh sexeh!) and a rogue ( Hilden) + half a dozen alts round and about.

But I confess I spent waaaay more time on the forums. I arranged the OT forum booze up in London, where we met some of the mods, including the sexy Ommra. KMQ got a bit of a name for herself, and a wowwiki entry lol. The Off Topic forum was in fact where I found my first beta readers - and it was one of them who encouraged me to take up my writing again after I'd pretty much given up, and that's when I decided to get serious.

So I quit. Now I've got rid of my ME, I'm addicted to these forums instead lol. And I play WAR, but only a bit. I learnt my lesson on that one the hard way...

maxmordon
04-14-2009, 11:45 AM
I have always being curious but can't pay the fee since foreign money is restricted, don't have a credit card if they weren't and don't play the free version to the whole drama of becoming addicted to it.

SPMiller
04-14-2009, 12:37 PM
While I played, I was incredibly popular with my gaming buddies due to my PvP skills.

At various points in time, I had active max-level characters on the following US servers: Ursin, Chromaggus, Anetheron, and Blackrock.

I was also a forum personality on the US warlock forums, but I'm not really willing to disclose my identity.

Abraham
04-15-2009, 01:40 AM
Abraham - 80 Undead Priest on Whisperwind but currently account is inactive.

Been playing since 2005 with a few breaks here and there. Stopped playing out of boredom, lack of time and lack on money. It's hard especially at 80 where if you want to do anything you need like a 5 hour block of time. I'm getting the itch again to go back though...

Abraham
04-15-2009, 01:42 AM
But I confess I spent waaaay more time on the forums. I arranged the OT forum booze up in London, where we met some of the mods, including the sexy Ommra. KMQ got a bit of a name for herself, and a wowwiki entry lol. The Off Topic forum was in fact where I found my first beta readers - and it was one of them who encouraged me to take up my writing again after I'd pretty much given up, and that's when I decided to get serious.

So I quit. Now I've got rid of my ME, I'm addicted to these forums instead lol. And I play WAR, but only a bit. I learnt my lesson on that one the hard way...

The WoW forums can be a lot of fun. Part of the reason I cancelled my subscription was I was spending more time on the forums than in the game.

SPMiller
04-16-2009, 08:17 PM
The forums were great fun ... if you were a masochist. The whining there is incredible. I've seen nothing like it, before or since. Noskill loser scrubs pouring tears into the keyboard 24/7/365.

Adam
04-16-2009, 08:19 PM
The forums were great fun ... if you were a masochist. The whining there is incredible. I've seen nothing like it, before or since. Noskill loser scrubs pouring tears into the keyboard 365/24/7.

Yup, bloody terrible. I avoided the forums like the plague, only going there if I absolutely HAD to (or needed a laugh). :)

Tocotin
04-17-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm taking a break from WoW now but I'll come back.

My main is an UD girl warlock, but I also have a bunch of orcs and a Belf priest. All on Lightninghoof.

FOR THE HORDE

dclary
04-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Kablooey, II Gnomeron Combat Engineers Corps.

59th level Gnomish Warlock/Tinkerer. BOOM goes the dynamite!

dclary
04-18-2009, 05:45 PM
I much prefer my LOTRO alter-ego:

Spamwise Hamgee, 56th level hobbit minstrel, Supreme Master Chef, Arkenstone server.

Adam
04-18-2009, 05:50 PM
I much prefer my LOTRO alter-ego:

Spamwise Hamgee, 56th level hobbit minstrel, Supreme Master Chef, Arkenstone server.

Best. Name. Evar.

Tried LoTRO, but none of my mates wanted to come over with me. :(
Lost interest by level 19. Had a nice house by then though. :)

dclary
04-18-2009, 05:56 PM
ithankyou. I am eternally grateful that no one at Turbine ever decided it was too sacrilegious to be allowable.

CACTUSWENDY
04-18-2009, 06:05 PM
I have been a CoH/CoV fan for about three years now. Love it. They now have made it so the players can format missions/story lines. I have about 45 toons spread over the different servers. I play with very few kids. You'd be surprised at the ages of many of the players.

Adam
04-18-2009, 06:07 PM
I could never get "into" CoH/V, just didn't grab. The fact that I was playing two other MMOs at the same time probably didn't help... :D

Uncarved
04-23-2009, 03:25 AM

you say that like its a BAD thing....

we hermits just have more time for more games, so nyah nyah...

by the way, why is it that men/boys that find out that I'm both a girl and a gamer start to get that glassy eyed glazed doughnut look??

:P

Adam
04-23-2009, 03:37 AM
you say that like its a BAD thing....

we hermits just have more time for more games, so nyah nyah...

I traded my hermit like gamer life for a hermit like writer life. There's little difference. :D

by the way, why is it that men/boys that find out that I'm both a girl and a gamer start to get that glassy eyed glazed doughnut look??

:P

Because their two favourite things (shooting things and the opposite sex) just appeared together in ONE package!

Uncarved
04-23-2009, 03:40 AM
I traded my hermit like gamer life for a hermit like writer life. There's little difference. :D

Because their two favourite things (shooting things and the opposite sex) just appeared together in ONE package!

It just makes me hear in my head (along with the other voices).... its my robot, a GIRL robot!

Adam
04-23-2009, 03:46 AM
It just makes me hear in my head (along with the other voices).... its my robot, a GIRL robot!

I don't get the reference. :(

Adam, suddenly feeling inadequate.

Uncarved
04-23-2009, 03:47 AM
I don't get the reference. :(

Adam, suddenly feeling inadequate.

*whispers* my voices don't talk to you silly *whispers*

Adam
04-23-2009, 03:53 AM
*whispers* my voices don't talk to you silly *whispers*

Sometimes my own voices don't talk to me. Generally when I need them. :(

On topic: I miss my Shadow Priest.

Not enough to restart my sub, though. ;)

Easyrider77
04-23-2009, 04:04 AM
Wormrider
80 Fury/Prot Warrior
Blade's Edge

<-----total addict. WoW is the reason my first book took a year to write.

8thSamurai
05-02-2009, 03:37 PM
HAHAHAHAH - Anyone else here on Maelstrom?

Sirion
05-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Meh, I canceled my subscription a few days ago. *sigh*...the new raiding model just wasn't for me. (WTB difficult raids ;))

Just as well I suppose, now I have more time to write.

-Travis

Leah_Michelle
05-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Meh, I canceled my subscription a few days ago. *sigh*...the new raiding model just wasn't for me. (WTB difficult raids ;))

Haha, tell me about it. No guilds are "All Mighty" anymore since the expansion.
I'm off and on when I play. I'll cancel for a month or two, then start back for a month or two...
I've been playing for three years and have a:
80 Night Elf hunter
80 Night Elf druid
80 Blood Elf death knight

And 430 pages of a rough draft young adult urban fantasy novel written.

I guess that's what happens when you get laid off from a job. You have a lot of time on your hands.:tongue

Rushie
05-20-2009, 07:50 PM
An addict for 2 1/2 years. I canceled a few months ago. People don't understand what WoW is really about. The questing and cartoony world is merely a platform for a deep second social life. Whether you play on an RP server or not, you are RPing. You meet people, develop friendships, rivalries, enemies. You build memories, just like real life - they play out with the full range of emotion. Everything from flirting and hooking up (PG-13, no cybering for me) to fights to the death. Friendly duals lead to competitive struggles for status. What fascinates WoW players is not merely walking around in the pretend landscape; it is the building-over-time of a history.

When you walk down the road, you aren't just walking down a road. You are watching for friends and enemies. If you've killed someone, you are watching for THEIR friends - or your victim himself out for revenge. Or perhaps you're remembering the other times you walked down this road and things happened. You were attacked by that wolf. You were in a group on your way to raid a town. If you're like me you are always engaged in chatter with your guild, and/or private whispers. Guilds of course, have all kinds of on-going drama, hierarchies, power-struggles, illicit romances and so on. Then of course there is the economy - a microcosm of real world free-market theory - and you actually work to earn money and become rich, or are lazy and beg in the cities, earning scorn.

The longer you play the bigger the world gets; it takes months to see it all, and even after two years, I was still finding corners I'd never been to before. But the best part isn't the art or look of the world; it's the memories. Coming back "home" after you've roamed for weeks or months really feels like coming home, as you remember all the encounters and challenges you faced back when you were "small". It's a special pleasure to come back all big and powerful and stomp some beast that gave you fits back then. If you make a character on the enemy side, and then you try to come back to your original home town, the guards will not recognize you, will attack and kill you. It's funny how emotional that is.

Making characters is much more than appearance and gear. I made a unique personality for each of my characters. Then I tried to stick to that personality as I interacted with everyone else in the game. One was a gay man who had chronic pain problems. Another was a gorgeous woman much like the Defender in Heavy Metal, who always fought for right - she was a Pally. Another was an emotionless, sadistic male, who showed no mercy (undead warlock). Another was a coward, who ran from fights whenever he could (rogue). Another was a naive sweetheart who never fought, stayed tiny in both size and level, and mostly tried to explore and travel as best she could without getting killed (female gnome). People, even enemies, would hug her and pat her. They respected her for making it to Gadget at level 2.

WoW is nothing, and very boring, if you don't develop connections and history. For real life friends and family it is a great way to have fun together. It's also a great way to meet people. I met several people in game who are now my friends outside the game. But in the end, I had to choose between WoW and being productive in real life. WoW had to go if I was ever going to publish anything. Plus I got sick of paying Blizzard $30 a month plus upgrades to two accounts.

Get on both accounts simultaneously, get your Horde and your Alliance to start a squabble in the middle of a neutral town on a PvP server and see how many bystanders you can get mixed up in it. Too fun.

Rushie
05-20-2009, 07:51 PM

YES, me too!!!

SPMiller
05-20-2009, 08:18 PM
An addict for 2 1/2 years. I canceled a few months ago. People don't understand what WoW is really about.It's a thinly-veiled gear treadmill.

Well, it's also a decent economics simulation.

Rushie
05-20-2009, 08:29 PM
It's a thinly-veiled gear treadmill.

It is, but I didn't raid, I refused to get on the gear treadmill. I focused on the social, character and exploring aspects. Unfortunately this left me behind in the race for expanding stats, but god, what's the point? Do all that work for what? To do it all over again at the next expansion. Forget it. I guess that's another reason I quit. I'd pretty much milked all the novelty I was going to get and realized the "second social life" doesn't contribute much to my real world. And I was getting behinder and behinder to those who spend hours raiding or to BG twinks. Yeah I agree with you, I didn't like the gear dependency aspect of the game.

Leah_Michelle
05-22-2009, 12:19 PM
It is, but I didn't raid, I refused to get on the gear treadmill. I focused on the social, character and exploring aspects. Unfortunately this left me behind in the race for expanding stats, but god, what's the point? Do all that work for what? To do it all over again at the next expansion. Forget it. I guess that's another reason I quit. I'd pretty much milked all the novelty I was going to get and realized the "second social life" doesn't contribute much to my real world. And I was getting behinder and behinder to those who spend hours raiding or to BG twinks. Yeah I agree with you, I didn't like the gear dependency aspect of the game.

The only reason I ever wanted to raid was to see the content once, and unfortunately you can't see anything very high if you don't have gear. It's a vicious cycle :Shrug:

cherubsmummy
06-02-2009, 07:07 AM
I was Cerdwin, L80 human priest, on Proudmoore, but these days I have more love for Faerane, my 62 belf priest, also on Proudmoore. WoW has been way more than a game for me. My husband and I started playing after peer pressure from hubby's coworker, and we ended up raiding with people who are now real life friends. Our best nights out have been with guildies.

Now my sister and her husband are playing too, and it's nice to be able to 'do stuff together' even though we are a couple of thousand kilometres apart.

ShowerInspiration
06-02-2009, 07:20 AM
Ha! When I saw this my heart skipped a beat. I am still addicted to WoW (working on my 8th lvl 80) Being homeschooled and being layed off dont seem to help... (PS: sorry for bad spelling Im on my PSP lol)

Dommo
06-02-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm more of an EVE fan myself. I like the more cut throat nature of that game.

ShowerInspiration
06-02-2009, 11:23 PM
I was Cerdwin, L80 human priest, on Proudmoore, but these days I have more love for Faerane, my 62 belf priest, also on Proudmoore. WoW has been way more than a game for me. My husband and I started playing after peer pressure from hubby's coworker, and we ended up raiding with people who are now real life friends. Our best nights out have been with guildies.

Now my sister and her husband are playing too, and it's nice to be able to 'do stuff together' even though we are a couple of thousand kilometres apart.

That's true. I got my sister and my niece into playing it, and so far WoW is the only thing that puts my 2 year old nephew to sleep lol. My guildies are also my IRL friends. It's more than a game to us I guess.

Manix
06-03-2009, 03:02 AM
All this talk of WoW is making me crazy. Stop it! No! ...must resist...!

Leah_Michelle
06-11-2009, 01:00 PM
All this talk of WoW is making me crazy. Stop it! No! ...must resist...!
No one can resist for long...[Insert cackle here]

On another note, the picture in my signature...WoW fanart that I fell in love with. Happens to fit my book well (not perfectly), which is the strangest part...

Adam
06-11-2009, 04:26 PM
I've been getting urges to start up my account again. There are a few thing new things I want to try out (mostly the dual spec thing)...

Must. Resist. :D

Rushie
06-13-2009, 04:17 AM
No one can resist for long...[Insert cackle here]

My son-in-law said WoW is like the mafia. Once you're in you never really get out.

Rushie
06-13-2009, 04:21 AM
I've been getting urges to start up my account again. There are a few thing new things I want to try out (mostly the dual spec thing)...

Must. Resist. :D

There's a dual spec thing now??!!

Adam
06-13-2009, 04:24 AM

Yup, though it costs 1k gold per toon, so it's no longer that appealing. :D

Manix
06-13-2009, 04:25 AM

You betchyor Spec Tree there is! I've already downloaded the patch (about a month ago) but my querying has kept me in limbo. (Promised myself I wouldn't renew my account until I snagged an agent):D

Adam
06-13-2009, 04:27 AM
(Promised myself I wouldn't renew my account until I snagged an agent):D

Ooh, good idea! :D

ShowerInspiration
06-18-2009, 04:58 AM
<- 80 Belf Holy Pally
<- 80Belf Sub. Rogue
<- 80 Belf Com. Rogue
<- 80 Belf Retri Pally
<- 80 Belf Prot Pally (Tank)

I have way too much time on my hands lol

Project nachonaco
06-18-2009, 09:36 AM
I play on Alleria, as Shidonii. :)

Deepspirit
06-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Lvl 80 NElf Hunter
Lvl 80 Human Mage
Lvl 72 Human Priest

EU realm - The Sha'tar

whistlelock
06-29-2009, 09:44 AM
My wife just re-activated her account. I suspect I will soon follow her back into the darkness.

luke_mushu_2010
06-29-2009, 07:23 PM
I have always wanted to play that game, but I don't have the money nor a stable computer for it.

Kivandrohex
06-30-2009, 01:54 PM
is that wow. I think my name on there is Celestailee- blood elf
And then I've got noikie- that weird alien creature. :)

JimmyB27
06-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Alright, I've caved. My friend has been trying to get me hooked for a while, and it's finally worked.
Haven't been playing long, and I'm trying to keep myself from completely giving up on the real world - especially since I'm still looking for a job. I'm doing pretty well, too. So far i'm only playing in the evenings - leaving regular office hours for job searching.
Nonetheless, I have lvl 23 rogue, a 19 druid and a 6(ish) mage - all on Shattered Hand.

Marcus
07-01-2009, 01:37 AM
my problem with wow is that its just a time sink.

I find teaching myself new facts so I can flex my brain muscles and spout factual factoidal information way more satisfying than any game could be.

I played wow from the time it came out for a year... went back once or twice for a month or two after i quit.

Its just a time sink. And There is waaaaaaaaaaaay to much knowledge that I need to arm myself with to be a successful intellectual one day in the distant future to be able to justify playing a game like that.

I like games, i like online games, and will play a few in the future, but wow is just, meh... Half of tis appeal at this point in its evolution is the mob effect it has, because we ALL know someone that plays it and wants everyone else they know to play it...

Misery loves company.....

dnic
07-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Misery loves company.....

That, plus it's got one of the prettiest graphics. :D

...Now I'm getting tempted to re-open my account. Someone hide my card!

LOG
07-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Here's my Armory Profile (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gilneas&n=Jjvalour). Currently in DPS gear.
Only really put my time into one char, though I have a few alts.
Haven't raided in awhile so gear is a bit archaic.
I leveled from 70-80 in 14 days, now I spend my time raiding nights and doing seasonal achievements, any any new quests that are made.

ShebaJones
07-29-2009, 04:03 AM
Eveigh, 80 Gnome Mage
Roopi, 80 Gnome Warrior
Varp, 80 Gnome Death Knight
Various sub-30 Alliance alts
Shadow Council

(and yes, I love me some Gnomes.)

K. Andrew Smith
07-30-2009, 03:49 AM
My WoW time has decreased dramatically in the past few months as the newest content isn't that interesting to me. That said, when the raid on Arthas is finally released, I'm sure I'll start playing more.

My characters:

Cenarius server
*Josual, 80 Human Deathknight
Elanee, 71 Nightelf Druid
Inika, 70 Human Rogue
Tarathiel, 70 Nightelf Warrior
Baloch, 70 Dwarf Hunter
Belianna, ~62 Human Warlock

Boulderfist server
Istaqa, 70 Tauren Shaman
Iniquitous, ~42 Undead Priest

*Just about the only character I play anymore.

Forbidden Snowflake
08-23-2009, 05:01 PM
I started playing again.

Somewhere I have a Bloodelf Warlock lying around.

But am now busy with Bloodelf Rogue and Draenei Mage and later I will start a Nightelf Druid.

Bartholomew
08-24-2009, 06:00 AM
Cataclysm is gonna be so cool.

I can't decide if I should make a Goblin or a Werewolf first.

jfreedan
08-24-2009, 04:46 PM
All I can say is that Worgen as a playable Alliance race makes even less sense than the spacemen Draenei did.

Come on Blizzard, screw China and their silly regulations. Make Pandaren a playable race. I want to be a Brewmaster!

K. Andrew Smith
08-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Why do Worgen not make sense? They're cursed humans, and can actually be in human form outside of combat. I think it's a nice way to finally open up Gilneas, which has been ignored for too long.

M.R.J. Le Blanc
08-27-2009, 12:02 AM
How did I miss the WoW thread?! lol

I'm looking forward to Cataclysm, all except for one detail: how are they going to make the classes work lore-wise? Night elves for example don't practice arcane for a reason (though it's funny that some hunter spells are arcane based ;) ). But I heard something about faction switching? Maybe that's how they're gonna make it work?

K. Andrew Smith
08-27-2009, 12:24 AM
I believe faction switching will be a paid service much like changing servers. Your race will also change to one of the opposite faction of your choice.

I was rather shocked to see a Night Elf mage mentioned also, but Blizzard said, to paraphrase, that they're starting to delve into the forbidden, so they're definitely aware of the contradiction.

M.R.J. Le Blanc
08-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Well they've been pretty good lore-wise in the past, so maybe with the extreme change that's coming with the new expansion maybe the races figure they need to change with it?

Prozyan
08-27-2009, 08:21 PM
If you follow the beginner quests in Duskwood, the Worgen make perfect sense as Alliance.

Mharvey
08-27-2009, 09:06 PM
All right, everyone -- fess up. Server and character names. C'mon. Gimme.

I'm Paula on The Venture Co, Mage Extraordinaire.

###

So, is it just me, or did the writing in the last expansion get, um, a lot better? I seriously went from skipping most of the quest info screens, to crossing the pond and reading all of them. Did Blizzard get new writers? And where the hell do we sign up?

Arschala (Night Elf Rogue), Sisters of Elune
Zulran (Troll Priest), Sisters of Elune.
Sephinon (Blood Elf Death Knight), Nathrezim

My dirty secret is out of the closet.

M.R.J. Le Blanc
08-27-2009, 09:35 PM
If you follow the beginner quests in Duskwood, the Worgen make perfect sense as Alliance.

Not entirely, unless I'm forgetting details about the quests. If you do the worgen quest that starts in Ashenvale, it reveals that the worgen came to Azeroth via the Scythe of Elune. It made its way to Duskwood, and if I recall correctly that's how those worgen there arrived. A human found the scythe and used it, though didn't know what it was or what it would do. Some of the worgen in Silverpine come from the same place, but were summoned by Arugal. The villagers of Pyrewood Village however are affected by a spell, and at night they all turn into worgen. I'm thinking the playable worgen are going to play more into that storyline than have any relation to the worgen in Duskwood or Ashenvale.

K. Andrew Smith
08-28-2009, 02:47 AM
From what I remember, there's two types of Worgen:

1) Beings from another world/plane, much like the Orcs and Draenei. These are always in Worgen form, and were summoned to Azeroth by the Scythe of Elune.

2) Humans that are cursed to turn into Worgen at night. Basically, they're werewolves. In Cataclysm, presumably the people of Gilneas will be this type of Worgen, and they'll retain their basic humanity in Worgen form.

LOG
09-22-2009, 10:13 AM
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/plugged-in/world-of-warcraft-s-astounding-numbers/1355608

Adam
09-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Nice article, ta. :)

Snitchcat
09-24-2009, 06:13 AM
I wish I'd seen this thread earlier! LOL!

Server: Kil'Jaeden
Faction: Horde
Main toon: Tallenridge, Blood Elf lock
Second toon: Kaliamann, Blood Elf DK

And plenty of others. (^_^)

Rebecca_Rogers
12-04-2009, 07:10 PM
How did I miss this thread?

I'm obsessed and have WAY too many toons.

Coilfang:
72 NE DK
61 NE Rogue
22 NE Hunter
17 Drenai Pally
17 BE Lock
16 Human Lock
14 NE Priest

And I have a druid on another server, but I kind of forgot which server. HAHA! I'm thinking about deleting my BE Lock and making a BE Pally instead. :D

Leah_Michelle
12-05-2009, 10:53 AM
How did I miss this thread?

I'm obsessed and have WAY too many toons.

Coilfang:
72 NE DK
61 NE Rogue
22 NE Hunter
17 Drenai Pally
17 BE Lock
16 Human Lock
14 NE Priest

And I have a druid on another server, but I kind of forgot which server. HAHA! I'm thinking about deleting my BE Lock and making a BE Pally instead. :D
You shoulda asked me about it! I guess I assumed you knew :tongue
I should update mine because since I first posted my characters, I've added a few more, though I haven't played hardly at all in the last 3 months. Pretty much got my characters into epics, then stopped playing them. Druid is the main I've played this expansion, Hunter was Burning Crusade, and the Warrior was original WoW.

Sargeras
Niera - 80 NE Druid
Cayra - 80 NE Hunter
Nessia - 72 NE Priest

Aerie Peak (Never play horde here, something I learned too late)
80 BE Death Knight
80 BE Paladin

Kilrogg - Anriella - 66 BE Mage

Arcadiia - 70 Human Warrior (sold to friend)

Been playing for over three and a half years, so I haz lots of characters :D It's probably apparent that I like Elves best and I'm also insanely good at leveling.

SouthernFriedJulie
12-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Arlia, level 20 Undead Warlock on Wyrmrest Accord [Member of Thunderkeg Clan]
Abanya level 4 Night Elf Priest

No expansions just plain Warcrack. I'm low levels because I only go for one level each session. No grinding, just playing my own little storyline.

spectrefox
12-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Japeng on the Cairne server, Horde side.

I'm a meta/ruin warlock. THAT'S RIGHT, a rare demonology warlock ;)! Going affliction as my main in 3.3 though, since it'll be awesome-sauce. I like my felpuppy more, and I hardly ever see affli anymore either. Dots, moar dots!

Did my first ToC 25 last night. We got up to Anubarak, but we had to quit after the 3rd try. We got halfway through the 3rd phase, but then he enraged. thank goodness for TankSpot, otherwise I wouldn't have done as well as I did (only messed up...twice! Darn twins.)

I'd just returned from a hiatus, so raiding was amazing :D! I got two pieces of gear, a belt (which is the best belt in the game right now, according to our guild's leading warlock) and a nice robe (so I don't have to buy my chest tier yet! woohoo!).

Worgen: Definitely going to play one. Mr. KA Smith is correct about the different kinds of worgen.

Mages for NE: The general opinion, I believe, is that the High Elves have returned to Darnassus and are having political relations with the Night Elves. This brings the arcane magic stuff back into Night Elf culture. It's been so long that some of the Night Elves might not see it as dangerous anymore.

I don't know if I remember that correctly, but you can read it on wow.com and various lore sites around the internet :)!

Off to dailies...

Bookewyrme
12-07-2009, 02:41 AM
My husband and I both play on Cenarion Circle. We are both confirmed altoholics!
So, my mains are Taawni, 80 tauren druid, Zanibah 74 troll DK, and Zandrama 72 undead warlock. I have many other characters both horde and alliance side, but they're all lowbie rp alts. I can not WAIT for Cataclysm though, with its troll druid. *happyness*

LOG
12-07-2009, 10:35 AM
TankSpot is a vital stop for any beginning tank, and a frequent place to find even experienced tanks.

spectrefox
12-10-2009, 11:25 PM
I think TankSpot is vital for *every* member of the raid, especially the tank. Their videos are more for raid leaders than anything, I think. Extremely informative.

SPMiller
12-11-2009, 12:37 AM
Uh, I tanked a lot back in the day on multiple classes. Unless something has changed, it's just maximizing health and threat generation while maintaining crit immunity. Anything else is gravy.

And I hear warriors have it easy now. Slackers.

LOG
12-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Uh, I tanked a lot back in the day on multiple classes. Unless something has changed, it's just maximizing health and threat generation while maintaining crit immunity. Anything else is gravy.

And I hear warriors have it easy now. Slackers.
Yes, but going about that can be difficult for some people, especially with the way stats work.

Who the hell told you that? We tie with the priest for when it comes to being doled out blame on wipes.

LOG
12-11-2009, 08:58 AM
People in this thread (http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=21730674935&sid=3000)make me angry that we played the same game...

Rebecca_Rogers
12-11-2009, 06:45 PM
People in this thread (http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=21730674935&sid=3000)make me angry that we played the same game...

I get tired of the idiots in the game. Srsly. Who cares about the patch? At least it's another raid. Personally, I think it's pretty cool and can't wait to do it.

BTW, has anyone watched the videos on YouTube of BlizzCon and the hundreds of people playing the Worgens/Goblins? I watched some vids yesterday that people filmed of the starting area for the Worgens. Looks pretty awesome, IMO. I can't wait. :)

defcon6000
12-11-2009, 08:03 PM
BTW, has anyone watched the videos on YouTube of BlizzCon and the hundreds of people playing the Worgens/Goblins? I watched some vids yesterday that people filmed of the starting area for the Worgens. Looks pretty awesome, IMO. I can't wait. :)
Same. Everyone is going to come over to alliance side. :D Goblins are cool, but Worgens beat them by a mile. I hope they fix the Worgen walk though, right now they look like stomping Frankensteins when they should be walking on their toes as doggies do. :tongue

I guess I should mention what I play, haven't played since August though.
80 draenei shammy (resto/ele)
70 draenei DK (trying out blood tank spec)
40 draenei priest (mix disc and holy)
57 tauren druid (rerolling as worgen when expansion comes out)

Rebecca_Rogers
12-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Same. Everyone is going to come over to alliance side. :D Goblins are cool, but Worgens beat them by a mile. I hope they fix the Worgen walk though, right now they look like stomping Frankensteins when they should be walking on their toes as doggies do. :tongue

I guess I should mention what I play, haven't played since August though.
80 draenei shammy (resto/ele)
70 draenei DK (trying out blood tank spec)
40 draenei priest (mix disc and holy)
57 tauren druid (rerolling as worgen when expansion comes out)

LMAO! I hated the walk too!! But I love how you can look like a human and then magically transform as you enter combat. ^.^

LOG
12-12-2009, 07:36 AM
LMAO! I hated the walk too!! But I love how you can look like a human and then magically transform as you enter combat. ^.^
I don't like that actually, to me it breaks up the variety between races that has always been there. It sort of started to break down with Blood Elves and Humans, but now it's gone much farther. It's gonna be hard to tell humans and worgens apart in a crowd now...

defcon6000
12-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Like anyone will actually run around as a human when they can go Worgen!!!

Leah_Michelle
12-19-2009, 02:20 PM
Hmm, despite the fact that I was really more of a Burning Crusade and original WoW person, I've been waiting forever to see the Arthas fight. Ever since I played WC3
I might have to start my account again and start playing my resto druid...

lividseras
12-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Doronicen on Alleria Human Rogue combat spec lvl 46... my husband Merix- Pally lvl 80 and Mirodin Warlock Lvl 80 both an Alleria

LOG
02-05-2010, 06:32 PM
For those who don't know (how could you not) here's WoW's 5th anniversary Battlecry site (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wowanniversary/battlecry/).

In much more interesting news, Ensidia, the premier raiding WoW guild, has gotten a three-day ban (http://www.wow.com/2010/02/04/ensidia-temporarily-banned-for-exploits/)because one of their rogues was thought to be exploiting the Lich King encounter. (http://www.ensidia.com/article/269/ensidia-suspended-for-72-hours)
I'm actually kind of siding with Ensidia, seems that they should have picked up on this before the guild dropped the Lich King.
Now you just know some other guild is gonna farm the $#!t out of that 72-hour period and get the official world first.

Rebecca_Rogers
02-05-2010, 08:44 PM
For those who don't know (how could you not) here's WoW's 5th anniversary Battlecry site (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wowanniversary/battlecry/).

In much more interesting news, Ensidia, the premier raiding WoW guild, has gotten a three-day ban (http://www.wow.com/2010/02/04/ensidia-temporarily-banned-for-exploits/)because one of their rogues was thought to be exploiting the Lich King encounter. (http://www.ensidia.com/article/269/ensidia-suspended-for-72-hours)
I'm actually kind of siding with Ensidia, seems that they should have picked up on this before the guild dropped the Lich King.
Now you just know some other guild is gonna farm the $#!t out of that 72-hour period and get the official world first.

If it were my guild, I'd be PISSED. Blizz needs to work their shizz out.

Tasmin21
02-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Someone already got the world first:

http://www.bloodlegion.com/wow/index.php

Ah, no wait, this one was 10-man, not 25.

LOG
02-11-2010, 08:02 AM
WoW has finally stopped growing at 11.5 million. (http://www.vg247.com/2010/02/10/morhaime-confirms-the-unthinkable-wows-stopped-growing/)

Also, some news (http://www.incgamers.com/News/20937/activision-conference-call-run-down)from Activisions Q4 conference.

LOG
02-16-2010, 01:17 AM
WoW, five years in. (http://www.incgamers.com/Columns/56/world-of-warcraft-five-years-in)

LOG
02-16-2010, 10:11 AM
More on WoW's static numbers (http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=21584&page=1)

China, censoring (http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=16652)? Like OMGWTFBBQ! They would never do that!!!

There will be more pre-Cataclysm content (http://gaming.icrontic.com/news/blizzard-mentions-additional-pre-cataclysm-content/)

JimmyB27
02-16-2010, 02:27 PM
I don't like that actually, to me it breaks up the variety between races that has always been there. It sort of started to break down with Blood Elves and Humans, but now it's gone much farther. It's gonna be hard to tell humans and worgens apart in a crowd now...
Isn't that pretty much the whole point of werewolves?

Annayna
02-16-2010, 04:51 PM
I'm on eonar :((... 80 gnome lock and 80 undead priest.. among others lol..

LOG
02-16-2010, 06:33 PM
Eight best F2P (http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-8-best-free-to-play-mmos/a-20100212133117842092)

LOG
02-18-2010, 02:52 AM
China finally gets Burning Crusade. (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6250980.html)
I would not want to live there.

Now they just have to fight for WotLK...

LOG
02-26-2010, 06:50 AM
Dude who ran WoW in China excused himself without explanation. Meh.

People are using WoW as a matchmaking device. (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=236565)
Not exactly news to me. Although you have to wonder if the length of time people stay together who meet that way varies from others.

SPMiller
02-26-2010, 11:31 AM
I still talk to friends I made in WoW, and I haven't played the game in a long time. Some of them are female ... but uh, no sexytime.

Bartholomew
02-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Gah. My account got hacked.

LOG
02-26-2010, 05:58 PM
That sucks.
Let support know and inform us of how it goes.
Good luck :Hug2:

M.Austin
02-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Ouch. Used to have this problem, but then I got mozilla + noscript -- haven't had the problem since. :)

LOG
02-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Some cool facts about WoW (http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/geek-to-me/2010/02/world-of-warcraft-facts-that-will-amaze-you.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Brief history of the Warcraft games. (http://spawnkill.com/2010/02/27/spawn-kill-favorites-warcraft-iii-reign-of-chaos/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

To everyone, I suggest getting the authetnticator app, it's free, amps up security, and you get a free pet out of it.

LOG
03-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Okay, so the authenticator isn't foolproof (http://www.mmocrunch.com/2010/02/28/world-of-warcraft-authenticator-hacked/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter), but it's still a good grab considering it's free.

Also, everyone, I suggest checking your PC for emcor.dll

Rebecca_Rogers
03-01-2010, 08:49 PM

I was playing last night and had two phony wannabe Blizzard GM's try to tell me my policy terms had been violated and to go to some WoW website.

I reported them.

I also received an email from noreply@blizzard.com stating my account had been compromised, to follow the steps through a certain link, etc. Well, I did that. There were no steps. I totally believed this was a real Blizz message. Then I realized somehow, someway the email was intended to look like an authentic Blizz email. I'm at work the next day, check my email, and voila! a message from Battlenet telling me my password had been changed at 3:30 a.m. (Obviously I'm not up that early on a work night.) Sooo I ran to Battlenet and changed it ASAP.

:Hug2: Sorry that yours got hacked. It happened to a good friend of mine on the game. He put in a ticket and got every one of his items back.

LOG
03-02-2010, 04:07 AM
How did you change the password when it had already been changed?

Also, some stat changes coming in Cataclysm. (http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/53453/World-of-Warcraft-Cataclysm-Stat-System-Changes?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

LOG
03-03-2010, 06:00 PM
ICC raid buffs are live (http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?sid=1&topicId=12730505682&postId=127291404450&ST=EU-441659-4mpuS7vDTKzmCEv0hY6yevLTj4K04u7C9tr&rhtml=true), which I guess means people weren't good enough.

3.3.3. PTR (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=23329393385&sid=1)Freakay number.

WoW becomes permmanent? (http://www.edge-online.com/features/book-review-the-warcraft-civilization?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Versus, WoW becomes obsolete (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=237272)?

Warcraft 3: RoC now has a free download (http://www.softsailor.com/downloads/19142-free-warcraft-3-reign-of-chaos-download.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter).

Ten most useless WoW items (http://www.gamespy.com/articles/107/1073038p1.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter). (Real-life.)

M.Austin
03-04-2010, 01:40 AM
Anyone find the game absolutely frustrating?

Sometimes I wish I could drill Ghostcrawler with a thousand questions. I don't get the design team. At all.

LOG
03-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Anyone find the game absolutely frustrating?

Sometimes I wish I could drill Ghostcrawler with a thousand questions. I don't get the design team. At all.
Which part?

Rebecca_Rogers
03-05-2010, 12:32 AM
How did you change the password when it had already been changed?

Also, some stat changes coming in Cataclysm. (http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/53453/World-of-Warcraft-Cataclysm-Stat-System-Changes?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Easy. Click "forgot password" to reset. ^.^

Just because they hacked the account doesn't mean they hacked the email. Especially if there's two different passwords (which mine are).

Ratiekae
03-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Temi-lvl 65 rogue on Scarlet Crusade.

M.Austin
03-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Which part?
Mostly healing imbalances.

They want people to play more skillfully, yet they're going to nerf mana regen to hell which is going to force healers to spam their most efficient heal over whichever heal is best for that particular moment. >.< My paladin spams enough! /rar

Hahaha. That's my rant of the day.

LOG
03-11-2010, 02:55 AM
This (http://www.anythingandeverything.org/world-of-warcraft-more-aspects-for-gamers-to-know/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter), is an attempt by someone to pretend that they're actually someone, but is actually just a really long spam message.

LOG
03-24-2010, 07:13 AM
5.93 million years of combined playing time by all WoW players, roughly. According to Jane McGonigal.

shaldna
03-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Shaldna. Currently restarting with a human mage. You'll have to find me yourself. :)

defcon6000
04-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Mostly healing imbalances.

They want people to play more skillfully, yet they're going to nerf mana regen to hell which is going to force healers to spam their most efficient heal over whichever heal is best for that particular moment. >.< My paladin spams enough! /rar

Hahaha. That's my rant of the day.

I play a resto shammy and I could care less about mana regen. :tongue
However, I hate having to stack for haste since my spells are soooo slow! I want to stack intellect like the paladins so I too can have a 3.5K mana pool!

Brukaviador
04-02-2010, 02:37 PM
I had a few WoW characters once upon a time. I lost interest in video games when I took up writing again so I haven't been back in over a year but WoW had it's place in my life for a good long while. It was a remarkably inexpensive form of entertainment while I was saving for a down payment on a condo.

I had a blood elf demonology warlock, an orc enhancement shammy and for a while an undead prot warrior. The first two were great fun but tanking sure took it's toll. If a raid wipes, everyone blames the healer or the tank and that got old real fast.

One story worth mentioning was when I wandered into Wintergrasp late one night. I think on that night there were only fifteen or so hoard players in WG and every alliance on the server came out, so we all ended up with 20 stacks of tenacity. I had 128k health and was regenerating something like 4-5k every tick of the fel armor. I think my DoT spells must have been ticking for 5k damage as well. I was just standing out front, DoTting everything up and damn near insta-killing them. That was awesome for the few minutes it lasted.

...and because I can already hear people chanting "Screenshot or it didn't happen!", I have one ready: [/URL][URL]http://viktornight.com/tenacious-warlock/ (http://viktornight.com/2010/04/)

In some ways I kind of miss Warcraft. I just wish it was something that I could devote 2-3 hours to a week and still be able to progress, instead of the required 30.

LOG
04-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Not surprised about Tenacity, I've seen it happen.

LOG
05-01-2010, 09:12 PM
The Cataclysm is still being updated every once and a while. Gnomeregan and the Echo Isles will finally attain starting zone status after we do some ass-kicking in their. I imagine it'll be something like the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj event.

Still have to get my lock to level 60 at least...

Rebecca_Rogers
05-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Have they released a date for Cataclysm yet? I haven't found one anywhere (of course, I haven't looked in a while).

LOG
05-02-2010, 12:26 AM
According to Morhaime, he announced at their quarterly earning that it should be out in 2010.

CheekyWench
05-02-2010, 12:54 AM
here's a nice one of Blasted Lands after Cataclysm.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2010/april/ss1309.jpg

Fulk
05-02-2010, 04:07 AM
That cannot be WoW. It's way too pretty! That said, thanks folks for resurrecting this thread. I've got an 80 Human Warrior on Azgalor. Working on some alts now. I enjoy WoW, but hitting level 80 has left me a bit unsatisfied.

There is such a huge disparity in the power of gear at this level: Most of my gear is item level 200 or so. Those who have been playing much longer have gear that is 264/277. It makes me utterly useless in Wintergrasp, most battlegrounds, and I wouldn't stand a chance in arena, I imagine. The majority of players doing raids are for weeklies or the toughest content (ICC, Ulduar), and runs through earlier content is usually for achievements. This means that if you aren't already decked out in awesome gear, you don't have much hope of being invited, as they want to run through the instance in a matter of minutes. The only thing that has helped alleviate this issue is running random dungeons, farming emblems, and buying emblem gear from vendors.

[/rant]

Rebecca_Rogers
05-02-2010, 04:53 AM
That cannot be WoW. It's way too pretty! That said, thanks folks for resurrecting this thread. I've got an 80 Human Warrior on Azgalor. Working on some alts now. I enjoy WoW, but hitting level 80 has left me a bit unsatisfied.

There is such a huge disparity in the power of gear at this level: Most of my gear is item level 200 or so. Those who have been playing much longer have gear that is 264/277. It makes me utterly useless in Wintergrasp, most battlegrounds, and I wouldn't stand a chance in arena, I imagine. The majority of players doing raids are for weeklies or the toughest content (ICC, Ulduar), and runs through earlier content is usually for achievements. This means that if you aren't already decked out in awesome gear, you don't have much hope of being invited, as they want to run through the instance in a matter of minutes. The only thing that has helped alleviate this issue is running random dungeons, farming emblems, and buying emblem gear from vendors.

[/rant]

Totally agree. It's taking me FOREVER and a day to get those emblems. The frost emblems are the worst. My guild checks gear scores on the armory or wowheroes.com. If you don't have a high gear score, you don't get to run ICC. Which sucks. But I know if I went in there right now with my measly gear score, I'd probably cause a wipe. lol

Rebecca_Rogers
05-02-2010, 04:54 AM
here's a nice one of Blasted Lands after Cataclysm.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2010/april/ss1309.jpg

Looks pretty badass. Reminds me of Dustwallow Marsh.

Rebecca_Rogers
05-02-2010, 04:57 AM
According to Morhaime, he announced at their quarterly earning that it should be out in 2010.

I'm thinking sometime late this year. Maybe Fall, 2010?

LOG
05-02-2010, 06:40 AM
That cannot be WoW. It's way too pretty!

Agreed, it does look pretty good. Around WAR or AoC level I'd say, but my ability to judge graphics is very poor.

I enjoy WoW, but hitting level 80 has left me a bit unsatisfied.

I know what you mean. It takes a lot of effort to become a player to be reckoned with. There are plenty of sites out there with legit tips. I didn't become a very good tank until I found Tank Spot. You really need to know your class to stand a chance in raids or PvP.
The other problem is that the WoW population isn't really getting much in the way of fresh meat, so as the number of players who can and do raid increase, it becomes harder and harder for those who haven't achieved that point to attain it.

I'm thinking sometime late this year. Maybe Fall, 2010?

At least, I'm expecting around winter, like November/December.

Fulk
05-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Totally agree. It's taking me FOREVER and a day to get those emblems. The frost emblems are the worst. My guild checks gear scores on the armory or wowheroes.com. If you don't have a high gear score, you don't get to run ICC. Which sucks. But I know if I went in there right now with my measly gear score, I'd probably cause a wipe. lol

Yeah, I just found WoW Heroes the other day and have been checking my gear score. It hasn't updated itself (upgraded a few pieces of gear today), but once it does, I imagine it will still only be around 2k. And yes, emblems are a pain, which leads me to a story that counteracts my rant:

I had one of my best experiences yet in WoW today. I queued up for random heroics, and within about 10 minutes was in a group. We ran the heroic, did well, got to the end. Here is where I expected everyone to be like, "OK, THX. SEE YOU" and leave the party. But they didn't. They all stood around, and then the party leader queued us up for another. I took a look and realized all four other members of the party were from the same guild. We ran another one. And another. And another. And another. I think we ran about 8-10 heroics in total. I earned a BUTTLOAD of emblems today. The guild members were pretty quiet, but friendly.

LOG
05-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Running with/in guilds can be very fun as people will often set aside time for it and stick around where they may not with others. :)
It's been a long time since I worked on my 80 warr, and longer since I was in a guild with her. After I earned my violet proto I flew to the top of the temple of storms and just logged out, pretty sure she's still sitting there.

My gear score is only 1945 and my total is only 2025.
It's tough finding guilds/groups willing to run instances/raids that they've already beaten the stuffing out of.

Edit: Just logged back on, yep, she was still on the Temple, and still wearing the Gnome outfit from the winter machine.
It's occurred to me that what I would really like is a mail system so that I get e-mails whenever I get mail in-game. That'd be helpful for my less played chars.

MoonStone
05-03-2010, 06:08 AM
I have a character named Larimar on Vek'nilash

Level 80 mage

nahalwi
05-03-2010, 06:54 AM
There's just a lot of people to sort through, I think. My gs (and I hate the introduction of GS so much) is...particularly high, but a lot of people my husband and I run with do stuff like that for the fun of it. Will randomly start/join pugs for naxx/uld/toc, whatever.

It's particularly fun even for 5m, just the two of us together, one heals, one tank, and can blow through most of the 5m instances with the worst dps ever, and still do just fine. Although, I don't like when people get snotty. We keep quiet for the most part, and just do our thing, but it's funny how people will complain about the silliest things.

Back to the GS though, I think it's particularly easy to at least get started with emblem and the main tier level gear atm. Even if not running the top raid, you can get the same emblems pretty consistently with one random a day and the weekly. BC you had to do PVP battlegrounds and then raid for gear or you just couldn't get it. Early in wrath, you had to farm rep for everything under the sun, or raid while trying to figure out how to get into instances. Now, you don't even have to fly to instances to get into a group, after sitting in dalaran for ages trying to find people.

It's just getting that extra step to get past the silly people who focus only on gs, and those who will take you if you know what you're doing. Read up on fights before ever even considering getting into stuff. Bring flasks, make sure gear is gemmed/enchanted. That's really what a lot of the actually good people are looking for. The rest just hide behind their high gs and pretend to be awesome.

LOG
05-03-2010, 04:20 PM
I agree. (Although sometimes I like to complain at silly things :P)
You really need to do your boss research before heading into dungeons. Don't be afraid to ask for particulars, but don't expect people to want to sit down for twenty minutes and explain each fight to you.
I'm still sitting on the edge of being really geared for 25 Naxx. I need a few more Heroic instance and BOE items, and then I think I'll be able to start doing 25-Naxx, 25-OS, 10-EoE, and 10-Uduar. You know, as soon as I find people still interested in that :S

Edit: Figured out my shopping list:
10 Titansteel bars
41 Frozen orbs
2 Titanium Bars
4 Dragon's Eye
4 Eternal Earth
4 Eternal Life
20 Deadnettle
12 Pygmy Oil
1 Frost Lotus
85 Emblems of Triumph

I haven't even factored in what I'll need for gems/enchants yet...

nahalwi
05-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Ugh, I was so sleepy last night. I think I said particularly a million times.

If you're still gearing up, I think aiming for some of those raids isn't as effective if you're trying to gear up. There really is no such thing as progressive gearing anymore. Unless it's a really horrible server, there should be plenty of ToC 10/25 pugs that you'd be able to sneak into. That and VoA 25 runs. It's easier to sneak into 25m raids and hide your newness, so long as you listen and have looked up the fights.

On that note, if people have a minimum gs requirement for either of those at this point it's dumb and they are only asking to be carried themselves. One guild on my server turned my alt away for VoA 25 it saying my gs was too low despite I had already done it before on that character and stated it was an alt and what my dps was. Went to another group, did 5k on the newest boss despite my 2100 wow-heroes score. If you can pull 3k+ in a 25m raid, there should be enough people to carry 5-7 of those for every 25m raid except for ICC. It is funny, after that incident every guild of importance on my server knows about them and very few characters from that guild are taken seriously.

Rebecca_Rogers
05-03-2010, 09:11 PM
In re to Fulk -- I had that happen to me last night with my priest (only a lvl 25). I was a 23 to begin with, but I got with a good group. The tank and a mage were twinks (had the heirloom gear, etc.) and were funny as hell. The tank asked if we wanted to keep going after we finished. We ended up running three dungeons together. Stuff like that doesn't happen often unless you know the people.

Just checked my gear score: 2036. Most people in my guild are well over 2500. We've got one guy that is the nerd of all nerds. I swear he secretly works for Blizz. His is over 3300. Anyway, my guild ran ICC 10 last night. Downed 4/12 bosses. I still didn't go. lol I'm too scared I'll cause a wipe.

And because of this, I've devised a plan for my rogue (lvl 68). Once I'm a high enough lvl, I'll do a reg random per day to get emblems. By the time I hit 80, I should have a LOT to spend on new gear. (What's the lvl requirement to start getting emblems as the random dungeon reward? 75? I've forgotten.)

I'm DYING to do ICC. Really, I am. But because I've been spending most of my time on my rogue, I haven't paid much attention to the DK. Makes me excited to have another one so close to 80, though. :)

LOG
05-04-2010, 01:32 AM
I haven't run a raid that asked for a specific GS score for quite awhile, more often than not, since I'm a tank warr they want to know my def rating/HP, etc. I even have a macro that let's me know my total avoidance. Those are, I believe, legitimate concerns.
I'm not like those pally tanks that can mass spam aggro to everything within a hundred yards. I need actual skill to gain aggro :P (No offense to any pally tanks.)

CheekyWench
05-04-2010, 02:58 AM
Hey.. I don't know if this link will work for you guys but there's talk on WoWhead about possible beta testing for cataclysm.
The only link I found was this one.

https://us.battle.net/account/management/beta-profile.xml

It asked me to sign in, download a profiler for my system, then which ones I wanted to opt in for.

Hope it helps!

LOG
05-04-2010, 03:20 AM
Thanks for the link.

I've been queued into the Cataclysm beta for months now.

CheekyWench
05-04-2010, 03:23 AM
If you get chosen, let us know how it goes ! :D

LOG
05-04-2010, 09:43 AM
If you get chosen, let us know how it goes ! :D

*shrugs* Who knows, I got into the SC2 beta after all, so I may get lucky here as well.

defcon6000
05-04-2010, 12:45 PM
*shrugs* Who knows, I got into the SC2 beta after all, so I may get lucky here as well.
*is jealous*

Of course I don't have a machine powerful enough to run it on.

I'm hoping they don't update the graphics with more textures and such when revamping the map, it'll kill my poor laptop. 25 man raids are a torture to get though as it is.

I often only see pugs ask for GS, because if you've never played with these people before, your only idea of how good they are is by their GS. Which is rather dumb, because I've seen undergeared dps pull twice as much dps as their better geared counter parts. And then I've seen a druid with 3k GS only pull 1k dps. :roll:
...It's okay, I can make fun of him - everyone does.

LOG
05-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Are your graphics turned down? That could help.

Fulk
05-05-2010, 01:01 AM
I play a DPS warrior, because I don't believe I have the skills to reliably pull as a warrior tank. I have a terrible lack of gear for that role, too, but that's another thing entirely. I do think the GS thing is generally a PUG phenomenon, yes, but I have to rely on those for the most part right now. My guild has maybe 8 80s, and it doesn't look like we have a set time for running instances right now. If it grows more inactive, I may need to find a new guild.

Alas, if it didn't cost a fortune to transfer characters, it'd be nice to play with AWers.

LOG
05-05-2010, 01:36 AM
If AWers really wanted to play together, it would probably be easier to wait until Cataclysm comes out and then make all new characters.
I say that because Cataclysm will (hopefully) significantly streamline the 1-60 level progression. Even when you know what you're doing, the quests from the days of vanilla are just rampantly chaotic.

nahalwi
05-05-2010, 03:06 AM
And new starting areas to play in. And hopefully BoA gear transferable across servers, which they've been talking about for a while now!

Rebecca_Rogers
05-05-2010, 04:53 AM
I play a DPS warrior, because I don't believe I have the skills to reliably pull as a warrior tank. I have a terrible lack of gear for that role, too, but that's another thing entirely. I do think the GS thing is generally a PUG phenomenon, yes, but I have to rely on those for the most part right now. My guild has maybe 8 80s, and it doesn't look like we have a set time for running instances right now. If it grows more inactive, I may need to find a new guild.

Alas, if it didn't cost a fortune to transfer characters, it'd be nice to play with AWers.

If it didn't cost anything, I'd invite ya to transfer to my server and join my guild. We have over 70 people, but 95% of those are 80s. It's a close-knit guild. I've been in guilds that have well over 120 people, and it's just not the same. This one does a lot of raiding and dungeons together. Makes it easier on everyone. And you get to know your fellow guildies better. :)

defcon6000
05-05-2010, 05:49 AM
Are your graphics turned down? That could help.
Well, duh. Of course it is. :tongue
It doesn't help that my laptop is over 4 years old and non-upgradeable.

I'm in that same boat, except in the case that the entire server is not-so-active...and mostly horde. I'd like to be on a more active server where 25 man ICCs are ran more than twice a week. Also, more skilled people or at least those willing to stick around and not bail in a middle of a raid.

LOG
05-05-2010, 06:00 AM
I've been in guilds that have well over 120 people, and it's just not the same. This one does a lot of raiding and dungeons together. Makes it easier on everyone. And you get to know your fellow guildies better. :)
This is true.
I like small guilds for the interactions, my one issue is that the small size can sometimes make raiding success difficult, even with the smaller raid sizes today.

Rebecca_Rogers
05-05-2010, 06:24 AM
This is true.
I like small guilds for the interactions, my one issue is that the small size can sometimes make raiding success difficult, even with the smaller raid sizes today.

I think that's one of the reasons mine checks GS. But even though mine's not great, they still invite me every time. Bless their hearts. They're awesome like that. :) Luckily, we have TONS of 80s. Makes it easier for raiding and such.

I've been in guilds where they say they'll do raids, and they never schedule a time and date. Nobody talks on guild chat. It's just...boring.

We use vent in my guild even when we're not raiding, just to get on and talk to each other. :D

Fulk
05-05-2010, 11:06 PM
If it didn't cost anything, I'd invite ya to transfer to my server and join my guild. We have over 70 people, but 95% of those are 80s. It's a close-knit guild. I've been in guilds that have well over 120 people, and it's just not the same. This one does a lot of raiding and dungeons together. Makes it easier on everyone. And you get to know your fellow guildies better. :)

What server are you on? If they ever offer free transfers, as they occasionally do, I'll keep it in mind to make a hop.

If AWers really wanted to play together, it would probably be easier to wait until Cataclysm comes out and then make all new characters.
I say that because Cataclysm will (hopefully) significantly streamline the 1-60 level progression. Even when you know what you're doing, the quests from the days of vanilla are just rampantly chaotic.

Definitely something to keep in mind. Especially since there's going to be scores of people rolling out Worgen and Goblins, which will make it easier to find other lower level characters. And I imagine Cataclysm will streamline 1-60, since even various updates since Wrath have made things significantly better for new characters: lower level requirements for mounts, increased quest experience, BoA items with exp increases, etc. When I played vanilla WoW, it took me several months to reach 20 (granted, I was inexperienced with the game as a whole). 1-20 takes me a day or two's time at best now.

And hopefully BoA gear transferable across servers, which they've been talking about for a while now!

I would be very pleased by this change. I bought a BoA chestpiece because my friends were rolling new characters on a new server, and I wanted to make it easier on myself. Imagine my dismay when I realized I could not mail it to a character on another server.

LOG
05-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Activision Blizzard is doing well. (http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_ACTIVISION_AHEAD_OF_THE_BELL?SITE=NDBIS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2010-05-06-06-34-46&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)
Also, I prefer my anonymity (http://mashable.com/2010/05/05/blizzard-facebook-battlenet/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+Mashable+(Mashable)), if this change actually happens, my Facebook account can kiss itself goodbye.

Rebecca_Rogers
05-06-2010, 06:22 PM
What server are you on? If they ever offer free transfers, as they occasionally do, I'll keep it in mind to make a hop.

Coilfang. :)

LOG
05-06-2010, 09:32 PM
I'm on Gilneas. (I love the way it's pronounced, Gill-nay-es.)

Another reveal for Cataclysm. An Egyptian theme...5 get you 10 they studied WAR.

defcon6000
05-08-2010, 12:52 AM
Saddest Wintergrasp EVER.

It was only me and a pally, and then I bugged a friend to join. But no one else came. What was worse was there was only a horde DK guarding the place. Eventually a mage came, but it was too late, we stormed Wintergrasp with our ONE siege.

Granted, this went on at 4am server time, but I've never seen such a poor show out. :(

defcon6000
05-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Also, I prefer my anonymity (http://mashable.com/2010/05/05/blizzard-facebook-battlenet/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+Mashable+%28Mashable%29), if this change actually happens, my Facebook account can kiss itself goodbye.
Damn Facebook, constantly trying to suck you in.

CheekyWench
05-08-2010, 12:56 AM
PVP stuff scares me... why? no idea. LOL

defcon6000
05-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Haha, it scares me too. I don't even bother wearing PvP gear in Wintergrasp because I know I'll get owned either way.

Fulk
05-08-2010, 04:42 AM
I know how you feel. I'm not sure if this is a game-wide phenomenon (though from what I understand, it is), but the Alliance gets brutally whooped in almost every Wintergrasp on Azgalor. So much so that I'm actually surprised when we win. I play WG every so often, though I've tried to concentrate on battlegrounds, where I stand a slightly better chance. At least until I can get some competitive PvP gear. Entry level 80 stuff just does not cut it. Might as well be wearing paper.

CheekyWench
05-08-2010, 04:49 AM
The only times I've braved BG - I was sheeped no less than 10 times and gave up trying. I can't stand the stress. lol

LOG
05-08-2010, 09:12 AM

It was only me and a pally, and then I bugged a friend to join. But no one else came. What was worse was there was only a horde DK guarding the place. Eventually a mage came, but it was too late, we stormed Wintergrasp with our ONE siege.

Granted, this went on at 4am server time, but I've never seen such a poor show out. :(
But that doesn't answer the big question; did you win?

I know how you feel. I'm not sure if this is a game-wide phenomenon (though from what I understand, it is), but the Alliance gets brutally whooped in almost every Wintergrasp on Azgalor.
It's not. Alliance has a disproportionate number of players to Horde. So they have a larger number of morons as well. Which means that of the PvPing population, you get larger smatterings of those morons in every BG. This increases the chances of losing due to the greater numbers of morons found on Alliance teams as compared to Horde teams.

As for Wintergrasp, that's not so bad on my realm, you can usually count on each side winning it every time it opens, basically just round robins.

Had a very sad instance run today.
Regular Pit of Saron, cakewalk for the first two bosses.
Then we get to the tunnel. I like to run through and do it all at once, because I find it quicker. But the healer got hit by a boulder, broke the healing, I died at the very end. Here's where the real problem starts.
We got this dude on your group who does not know where the Frozen Halls are. So he doesn't know how to get back to his corpse. So it falls to me to somehow guide this guy to the Frozen halls, while he's in another realm.
Not only does he apparently not know how to use either of the maps, he doesn't know his ghost can fly. This is a level 80...
Now, it was bad enough trying to tell him where to go while he was on the ground, but once he could fly, he started going the wrong way in three dimensions!
I eventually, by some miracle, get him to the halls and back to his corpse.
We get to the boss, at this point, I have told them twice not to attack until he gets off the mount and I have aggro or else he bugs. Someone attacks him before I can grab him, only one guy in the group had ranged abilities, the warlock-who-could-not-find-his-way.
So we let him wipe us to reset.
Everyone is heading back to the Halls again. So except for this warlock, who for some reason is heading NORTH!
The Citadel is at the very south of the map, how do you even think to head north?
At this point I pretty much wanted to grab the guy, shake him and ask if he knew what a map is. More importantly, if he knew where his maps were.

defcon6000
05-09-2010, 04:13 PM
But that doesn't answer the big question; did you win?
Indeedy. :D

On Hakkar, Alliance only gets WG in the wee hours of the morning. Horde always outnumber us, and even if half of them are morons, they easily fill their siege quota by the end of the match and mow us over.

Had a very sad instance run today.
Regular Pit of Saron, cakewalk for the first two bosses.
Then we get to the tunnel. I like to run through and do it all at once, because I find it quicker. But the healer got hit by a boulder, broke the healing, I died at the very end. Here's where the real problem starts.
We got this dude on your group who does not know where the Frozen Halls are. So he doesn't know how to get back to his corpse. So it falls to me to somehow guide this guy to the Frozen halls, while he's in another realm.
Not only does he apparently not know how to use either of the maps, he doesn't know his ghost can fly. This is a level 80...
Now, it was bad enough trying to tell him where to go while he was on the ground, but once he could fly, he started going the wrong way in three dimensions!
I eventually, by some miracle, get him to the halls and back to his corpse.
We get to the boss, at this point, I have told them twice not to attack until he gets off the mount and I have aggro or else he bugs. Someone attacks him before I can grab him, only one guy in the group had ranged abilities, the warlock-who-could-not-find-his-way.
So we let him wipe us to reset.
Everyone is heading back to the Halls again. So except for this warlock, who for some reason is heading NORTH!
The Citadel is at the very south of the map, how do you even think to head north?
At this point I pretty much wanted to grab the guy, shake him and ask if he knew what a map is. More importantly, if he knew where his maps were.
Don't you just love it when they buy their 80's off of craiglist? :tongue

LOG
05-09-2010, 11:37 PM
Don't you just love it when they buy their 80's off of craiglist? :tongue
Seriously. He was quite the baby player. Said he was new(how are you still new to the game at level 80?) and he was wearing almost all BoW equipment from the AH, and he was financed by his friends.

I feel angry that I've wasted five years being a gatherer and heroic runner.

Rebecca_Rogers
05-10-2010, 04:59 PM
PvP scares me too. I've never done any BG's except WSG and AB. Sad, huh?

Speaking of WG, I had this dude in my guild say he logged onto his troll priest and Horde was talking about how they never win WG. He was like, "So if Horde doesn't win, and Alliance doesn't win, who's winning?" I told him Blizz is probably testing out a totally new race that we don't know about. They just want us to think the other side is winning so we can hate each other. Which led to the entire guild chiming in on what kind of race it would be, and how they're all probably Shadowmelding. lol

LOG - I was cussed out when I did HoR for the first time because I couldn't find my way back to Frozen Halls....and nobody wanted to explain it to me. All they had to do was say "stay to the right" and "second landing". I would've found it then. Instead, I heard how I should know where ALL instances are. Right. Because I spend all my time figuring out which portal goes to what. Some people are assholes. So anytime I do PoS, HoR or FoS and someone dies (and doesn't know their way back), I kindly explain it to them.

defcon6000
05-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Maybe they'll add the Protoss to WoW...oooh, or Zerg!

I also had to explain to someone yesterday how to get back to the icc dungeons, although they seemed to get it easily. Of course I didn't stick around to make sure they got back, the whole party bailed right when I came in and I couldn't reque for another 8 minutes. *sigh*

SPMiller
05-11-2010, 04:12 AM
PvP isn't bad. You just have to memorize what each class is capable of and practice enough that you learn how people use those abilities. Over a year after quitting, I could probably still write a near-comprehensive list of each class' abilities (except those introduced after I quit).

defcon6000
05-12-2010, 04:08 PM
That's my problem, I'm too lazy to learn every class and their abilities. Plus, it seems like every other classes' abilities change with each patch. Meh, I think I'll stick to knowing the boss fights.

LOG
05-12-2010, 08:37 PM
3.3.5 patch notes released. (http://www.wow.com/2010/05/10/patch-3-3-5-ptr-patch-notes/)

Important highlights:
Ruby Sanctum dungeon opening

More important highlights:
The new Real ID system / Cross-server, cross-game, cross-faction friend chat / Battle.net 2.0 is active for testing on the PTR.
There is a new "pop out" option for chat channels, placing them in their own tab of the chat window.
The new "pop out" option can also apply for whisper conversations with an individual player.

Also, Blizzard released a Zombie survival guide (http://www.wow.com/2010/05/12/blizz-zombie-survival-guide/#continued) :P

LOG
05-13-2010, 07:11 AM
Gilneas Invasion (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/ssotd/#1321)

Apparently the Forsaken are invading it in the attempt to gain another port for the Horde, and to prevent the Alliance from gaining a real foothold in Lordaeron.

I've decided I'm going to grab a Worgen and a Troll for Cataclysm.

Fulk
05-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Darnit. 3.3.5 just happens to go live the day my subscription runs out and I'm broke? Poo.

LOG
05-13-2010, 10:06 AM
Don't feel too bad.
Look at this way, by the time you come back, they'll probably have all the bugs worked out.

LOG
05-14-2010, 05:49 AM
New ship design (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/downloads/ssotd/#1322), how dare they :P

JimmyB27
05-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Seriously. He was quite the baby player. Said he was new(how are you still new to the game at level 80?) and he was wearing almost all BoW equipment from the AH, and he was financed by his friends.

I feel angry that I've wasted five years being a gatherer and heroic runner.
I hit 80 entirely by questing, so I'm still pretty new to instances. Jackasses not giving me any help and just cussing me out for not knowing the dungeon, or the boss were the main reason I didn't bother to renew my subscription last month. Might go back when Cataclysm comes out, though.
Oh, and not saying you were being a jackass. Sounds like your guy wasn't trying at all to help you help him.

CheekyWench
05-14-2010, 04:06 PM
I hit 80 entirely by questing, so I'm still pretty new to instances. Jackasses not giving me any help and just cussing me out for not knowing the dungeon, or the boss were the main reason I didn't bother to renew my subscription last month. Might go back when Cataclysm comes out, though.
Oh, and not saying you were being a jackass. Sounds like your guy wasn't trying at all to help you help him.

I'm the same way.

I didn't start doing instances until I was 75 with my DK. I got all kinds of crap for even trying.

I started at level 15 with my Pally and leveled really quick. I'm glad they put in the dungeon finder even though 50% of the runs are full of kids and jackasses... but my first 80 took me 4 years to get and I'm soooo burned out on the same quests over and over again. With instances, my Pally is 75 after just a few months.

SPMiller
05-15-2010, 03:27 AM
Don't pug instances.

Annayna
05-15-2010, 10:13 AM
anyone on Eonar, Horde side PST me :)

LOG
05-15-2010, 10:36 AM
Don't pug instances.

LFG functionality rather encourages that behavior really.

JimmyB27
05-16-2010, 12:35 AM
Don't pug instances.
What does that mean?

SPMiller
05-16-2010, 07:16 AM
What does that mean?PUG is an acronym meaning Pick-Up Group, which is what (I thought) most WoW players called the impromptu arrangement of partially or wholly unaffiliated players to do an instance.

aka

STRANGERS DOING A 5/10/25 MAN TOGETHER LOLOL

JimmyB27
05-16-2010, 03:58 PM
Oh. I don't have enough WoW friends to even do a five man instance with. :(

Kyra Wright
05-16-2010, 06:20 PM

That puts the WG match I was in last night to shame....the Horde (who were defending) captured every single workshop, and eventually we just camped the Alliance at their graveyard. That fortress has become a Horde summer home on my server.
I know how you feel. I'm not sure if this is a game-wide phenomenon (though from what I understand, it is), but the Alliance gets brutally whooped in almost every Wintergrasp on Azgalor. So much so that I'm actually surprised when we win.

This is happening right now on my server. Alliance only capture the keep during extreme off hours. The Horde simply steamrolls over them. For the longest time, the sides were pretty much even, with the fortress constantly changing hands. But lately, it's like the Alliance has given up. They always have tenacity, which is strange, because various sites displaying server statistics estimate that my server is 70% Alliance, yet they're always outnumbered. WG has become extremely boring. WTB a full raid to fight against.

Button
05-16-2010, 07:41 PM
Did I totally miss this post or what? :)

I started a few months ago.

Lirealstar on Thorium Brotherhood. :) Level 46 as of this post, I think. Human warlock.

I've got a handful of additional 'toons. Mostly on Thorium.

LOG
05-17-2010, 01:17 AM
Oh. I don't have enough WoW friends to even do a five man instance with. :(

You don't need them really.
The LFG system is really helpful.
It forces players to adopt roles they can actually pull off, and then groups are made into the 5-man group; 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 DPS. Best combo.

I have had no problems with this system. Especially with how it automatically finds new group members if one leaves.

The one problem I have is that people have largely abandoned the old form of grouping. It's difficult to find a group for a Scarlet Monastery Library run at level 47 now, people are so focused on just the recommended dungeons...

LOG
05-17-2010, 11:03 AM
I love the rhyming in WoW.
Stuff like the Headless Horseman and Cortello's Riddle just set me off. I can repeat the stuff all day long... (I personally suck at rhyming and poetry of any sort :()

There is an ornate, well-traveled bridge
East of Deadwind and south of Redridge
Underneath there waits something for you
Some call it a hint, others a clue
There it will lie for endless tomorrows
Biding its time in the Swamp of Sorrows

A far off land in Kalimdor awaits
Where peril has dashed hopes and fates
East of Barrens the weather is harsh
Gloom and danger pock Dustwallow Marsh
But there lies a clue for those up to the test
Waiting to be found in a cave in the southwest

To Lordaeron! The great land of turmoil
Where brave soldiers with death do toil
Find your way through the great unrest
There you will find the end to this quest
Along the coast of the Hinterlands, at the base of the great falls
Underneath the water there does your treasure call!

Prepare yourselves, the bells have tolled! Shelter your weak, your young and your old! Each of you shall pay the final sum! Cry for mercy; the reckoning has come!

The sky is dark. The fire burns. You strive in vain as Fate's wheel turns.

My flames have died, left not a spark! I shall send you now to the lifeless dark!

Horseman rise... Your time is nigh... You felt death once... Now, know demise!
Headless Horseman: It is over, your search is done! Let fate choose now, the righteous one.

Here's my body, fit and pure! Now, your blackened souls I'll cure!

Soldiers arise, stand and fight! Bring victory at last to this fallen knight!

Your body lies beaten, battered and broken. Let my curse be your own, fate has spoken.

Edit: Stumbled across this a few minutes later (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24401900753&sid=1), do we have one of these?

LOG
05-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Woot Woot! Finally killed Thrall. Totally epic. Spent four hours running around beating down other city leaders to draw them off Thrall. At the very end, I lay down five sunder armors on Thrall, throw a battle shout and head to the entrance to the throne room.
I just sat there and in my head, and nearly out loud I was just like "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" to the whole army of Horde players running down the hallway.

Amazingly, I did it. It was a narrow hallway, and they were so concerned with trying to AoE the main raid group that was burning Thrall that they almost completely ignored me. Meaning I was able to just freaking spam out shockwaves, thunderclaps, shield bash, concussion blows, spell reflections. I was just making their lives a living hell, and any time one of them tried to turn and take care of me, it didn't matter because I had like, three healers watching my back in their spare time, whereas they had like, no coordination.

I sent the raid leader 100g for being epic.

Also, found out today I had 75K honor (no idea where that came from), 527 Stone Keeper Shards (way more than I thought I had) and a lot of badges. So I went and bought some sweet honor stuff. Now I'm trying to decide what to buy and sell on the AH from the WG QM for the most profit. I'm thinking designs. The gems are only worth around 10 each.

LOG
05-26-2010, 11:12 PM
I am blitzing, you have no idea. The feed in my armory isn't long enough to show all the items and achievements and progress I've been making. :D

On that note, anyone on here a BTProt solo warrior that can help me refine my talent tree there?

LOG
05-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Murlocs are real (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/05/photogalleries/100524-new-species-handfish-walk-science-pictures/?now=2010-05-24-00:01#new-handfish-species-pink_20881_600x450.jpg) :D

CheekyWench
05-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Woot Woot! Finally killed Thrall. Totally epic. Spent four hours running around beating down other city leaders to draw them off Thrall. At the very end, I lay down five sunder armors on Thrall, throw a battle shout and head to the entrance to the throne room.
I just sat there and in my head, and nearly out loud I was just like "YOU SHALL NOT PASS" to the whole army of Horde players running down the hallway.

Amazingly, I did it. It was a narrow hallway, and they were so concerned with trying to AoE the main raid group that was burning Thrall that they almost completely ignored me. Meaning I was able to just freaking spam out shockwaves, thunderclaps, shield bash, concussion blows, spell reflections. I was just making their lives a living hell, and any time one of them tried to turn and take care of me, it didn't matter because I had like, three healers watching my back in their spare time, whereas they had like, no coordination.

I sent the raid leader 100g for being epic.

Also, found out today I had 75K honor (no idea where that came from), 527 Stone Keeper Shards (way more than I thought I had) and a lot of badges. So I went and bought some sweet honor stuff. Now I'm trying to decide what to buy and sell on the AH from the WG QM for the most profit. I'm thinking designs. The gems are only worth around 10 each.

that's awesome. :D
I wish my computer was up to doing raids...

well, that and my gear.. le'sigh.

I saw the thing about murlocs yesterday too. That's skeery!

Kyra Wright
05-29-2010, 08:19 PM
I just sat there and in my head, and nearly out loud I was just like &quot;YOU SHALL NOT PASS&quot; to the whole army of Horde players running down the hallway.

Every time I join a group to kill the faction leaders, something happens and the whole thing falls through. I'm never getting my black war bear. /QQ

LOG
05-30-2010, 01:21 AM
Every time I join a group to kill the faction leaders, something happens and the whole thing falls through. I'm never getting my black war bear. /QQ

Yeah, it is rather tough. Even if you can get a PUG that will stay together, you really need to pull people out of Orgrimmar. Most common tactics are real late-night raids, or hitting other cities to draw them away. A spy can also be useful :)

Kyra Wright
05-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Yeah, it is rather tough. Even if you can get a PUG that will stay together, you really need to pull people out of Orgrimmar. Most common tactics are real late-night raids, or hitting other cities to draw them away. A spy can also be useful :)
I've been trying to get it on my Horde characters. The groups I've been in always go to Stormwind first, and then things fall apart once we get to Ironforge. So I've killed Varian Wrynn several times now, but not the other leaders. :(

Murlocs are real (http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/05/photogalleries/100524-new-species-handfish-walk-science-pictures/?now=2010-05-24-00:01#new-handfish-species-pink_20881_600x450.jpg) :D
Mrgrlrlrlglrlrllrl!

LOG
05-30-2010, 08:49 AM
I've been trying to get it on my Horde characters. The groups I've been in always go to Stormwind first, and then things fall apart once we get to Ironforge. So I've killed Varian Wrynn several times now, but not the other leaders. :(

Big mistake right there, Alliance knows coming to IF after SW is not unusual because of the Deeprun Tram. That's part of the extreme difficulty of Magni. Orgrimmar's back door can be reached undetected, difficult but possible. Not so with IF, there's no way to reach it without alerting people you're coming. They should head elsewhere first. You need locks to teleport you around to attack other cities and draw players away.

Kyra Wright
05-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Big mistake right there, Alliance knows coming to IF after SW is not unusual because of the Deeprun Tram. That's part of the extreme difficulty of Magni. Orgrimmar's back door can be reached undetected, difficult but possible. Not so with IF, there's no way to reach it without alerting people you're coming. They should head elsewhere first. You need locks to teleport you around to attack other cities and draw players away.
I've tried to tell the raid leaders that on at least three occasions. Others in the raids have said the same things. I'm convinced that I keep getting into raids with pants-on-head idiot leaders.

defcon6000
05-31-2010, 04:30 AM
So if I kill one, will it drop some loot? :idea:

Has anyone noticed the earthquakes in the game, or more like the camera shaking to simulate an earthquake?

A friend said it was occurring to him, but I haven't seen it happen. Although I've been having some AWFUL lag spikes lately. Usually at the worst points too.

LOG
05-31-2010, 05:19 AM
Has anyone noticed the earthquakes in the game, or more like the camera shaking to simulate an earthquake?

A friend said it was occurring to him, but I haven't seen it happen. Although I've been having some AWFUL lag spikes lately. Usually at the worst points too.

I haven't had one that I've really noticed.
It's just Blizzard's way of hinting at the Cataclysm.

Alexandra Little
06-01-2010, 05:34 AM
I need to get back to playing it. Ironically, I write the most while I'm playing, which makes both things difficult.

I've tried to tell the raid leaders that on at least three occasions. Others in the raids have said the same things. I'm convinced that I keep getting into raids with pants-on-head idiot leaders.

I once had a raid leader shout: "This is NOT a game!"

I knew it wasn't going to go well after that.

defcon6000
06-01-2010, 12:38 PM

"This isn't a game! This is my life!" ~ Dib, Invader Zim EPS 4 :D

Kyra Wright
06-01-2010, 07:28 PM

I knew it wasn't going to go well after that.
Oh boy, one of those types. I've taken long breaks from the game on three occasions when it became apparent that I was taking it too seriously and letting WoW cause me too much stress. You just can't let that sort of thing become too important.

As for the earthquakes, I've seen numerous mention of them on the WoW forums, but I've yet to see them in-game. Then again, everyone says they occur in the old world cities, and I haven't spent too much time there lately.

efkelley
06-01-2010, 09:57 PM
So as it seems like account hacking is on the rise, I thought I might point everyone to battle.net's mobile authenticator app:

http://battle.net/bma

If you've got an iphone or other such device, the authenticator adds another layer of security to your account. It's really easy to set up and use. Plus: completely free! And you get a corehound puppy pet for setting it up. :)

In my own guild there's been 3 hacks in the last month. Two of those were from deactivated accounts. Not sure what's going on, but a LOT of people have been getting hit lately. There are at least two megathreads on rpg.net about it. I suspect a security breach somewhere in Blizzard. Or possibly one of the big fan support sites like wowstead.

Anyway, hope this helps some folks.

Kyra Wright
06-01-2010, 10:23 PM
So as it seems like account hacking is on the rise, I thought I might point everyone to battle.net's mobile authenticator app:

http://battle.net/bma (http://battle.net/bma)
Keylogger!

Sorry, I spend way too much time on the WoW forums. ;)

I'm getting what feels like a non-stop barrage of "please log in to your account at www.lookslikeanofficialblizzardsitebutisn't.com (http://www.lookslikeanofficialblizzardsitebutisn't.com) to update your details, otherwise we'll suspend your account" whispers from characters posing as Blizzard employees. And one of my characters just got a letter in the in-game mail system purporting to be instructions about how to log into the Cataclysm beta...I know there have always been scam attempts, but it's really stepping up now. Time for me to get an authenticator.

efkelley
06-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Maybe that's it. The Cataclysm beta has fans in a tizzy, and they'll jump at any possibility of getting in.

For my part, I'd like to be able to set a minimum level for characters to be able to send me a tell. I'd make it like 75. Unless they're in my guild or on my friends list, I really don't care what they have to say. That or an /anonymous function.

Also: IM IN UR ACCT!! LOGGIN UR KEYS!!!

That is all. :D

LOG
06-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Had the authenticator for awhile now. Made a post awhile back about how it can be hacked, (http://www.mmocrunch.com/2010/02/28/world-of-warcraft-authenticator-hacked/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)although it requires you to have installed a keylogger, and that the hacker be watching over you specifically.

Kyra Wright
06-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Had the authenticator for awhile now. Made a post awhile back about how it can be hacked, (http://www.mmocrunch.com/2010/02/28/world-of-warcraft-authenticator-hacked/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)although it requires you to have installed a keylogger, and that the hacker be watching over you specifically.
On the subject of authenticators, my boyfriend lost his a few weeks ago and had one hell of a time getting things straightened out. He needed to have either the authenticator's individual product code (or whatever it's called. I can't recall off the top of my head), or the activation code from his original World of Warcraft installation CD in order for Blizzard to remove the authenticator from his account. It took him weeks to dig up either. So basically, if you do have an authenticator, make sure that you keep that information stored somewhere you can easily find it if you misplace your authenticator.

defcon6000
06-02-2010, 09:53 AM
Keylogger!

Sorry, I spend way too much time on the WoW forums. ;)

I'm getting what feels like a non-stop barrage of "please log in to your account at www.lookslikeanofficialblizzardsitebutisn't.com (http://www.lookslikeanofficialblizzardsitebutisn%27t.com) to update your details, otherwise we'll suspend your account" whispers from characters posing as Blizzard employees. And one of my characters just got a letter in the in-game mail system purporting to be instructions about how to log into the Cataclysm beta...I know there have always been scam attempts, but it's really stepping up now. Time for me to get an authenticator.
Oh God, I've been getting these too! I love their grammar, btw. :ROFL:

I can't even read what's in trade chat anymore, the spamming is so bad. I wish the GMs were more on the ball and ready to ban these guys the minute they dare make a post in trade chat. Of course, they'll just whisper more. To fight that, I just spam them back. They log off within a few minutes. :D

LOG
06-03-2010, 11:21 AM
To fight that, I just spam them back. They log off within a few minutes. :D
Actually, they kind of have to do that anyways. If you spam in trade chat, you get about a gajillion spam complaints registered at you, so the spammers have to keep creating/switching characters until Blizzard bans them.

I've already gotten a supposed blizzard invite to Cata through in-game mail, Blizzard was spelled blizzarr. >.>

defcon6000
06-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Actually, they kind of have to do that anyways. If you spam in trade chat, you get about a gajillion spam complaints registered at you, so the spammers have to keep creating/switching characters until Blizzard bans them.
I dunno, there was a couple of times were they'd message me back, then log. But I couldn't understand what they said. Then there are other time when it's a bot. Boo.

LOG
06-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I am ashamed.
Today I was able to see just how epic a player I know is; he's was part of the Realm First 25-mans for both Obsidian Sanctum and Naxxramas.
I got the first chance to talk to him today online, and as soon as I heard his voice, I laughed. And it wasn't really a good-hearted laugh either, it was kind of scornful.
He has a rather high-pitched voice, and as soon as I heard it I just broke out laughing.
I didn't mean anything offensive by it, and I apologized immediately afterwards, but still, I find myself mildly appalled at my own mannerism there.

defcon6000
06-05-2010, 03:21 PM
You should be! (just kidding :tongue)

Nah, I've heard some guys' voices online that make me giggle - or find them extremely sexy. If it's a funny voice, it's a funny voice. Not much you can do about that, although it sucks for him I guess.

Alexandra Little
06-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Usually I'm the one that gets commented on, as in: "I didn't know you were a girl!" Really, with the number of female gamers it shouldn't be much of a surprise at this point.

I did have a giggle when I thought one of my raid leaders was a girl until I realized he was just prepubescent. Thankfully I wasn't holding down the talk button when I had this revelation, and so saved myself from embarrassment.

Kyra Wright
06-09-2010, 09:38 PM
So…a group of US realms had extended extended maintenance this week, and while my realm wasn’t one of them, my druid did get plenty of vulgar whispers from people who rolled low level humans on my realm while waiting for their own to be playable. That’s what I get for being anywhere near Goldshire (in my defense, I’m trying to complete the Loremaster achievement).

But really, that’s beside the point…the uber extended maintenance was done “in preparation for the upcoming expansion.” Damn you, Blizzard. It’s like you know that I’m growing increasingly bored of this game and keep dangling carrots in front of me to hold my attention.

Rebecca_Rogers
06-09-2010, 10:21 PM
I am SO ready for this expansion. It's driving me nuts.

Alexandra (love your name, btw) - We have idiots in Trade (all the time) who won't stop saying "girls don't play WoW". I remember one time I said, "You're right--girls don't play WoW. But women do." Then Trade went crazy with girls chiming in, thanking me. lol XD

CheekyWench
06-09-2010, 10:31 PM

Alexandra (love your name, btw) - We have idiots in Trade (all the time) who won't stop saying "girls don't play WoW". I remember one time I said, "You're right--girls don't play WoW. But women do." Then Trade went crazy with girls chiming in, thanking me. lol XD

I'm chiming in too. That's awesome :D

Kyra Wright
06-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Same here. I want my Troll druid (and to a lesser extent, my Night Elf mage and Goblin hunter) now.

LOG
06-10-2010, 06:02 AM
I still need 120 days to attain all mounts, pets and tabards from the argent crusade.

Kyra Wright
06-10-2010, 06:59 AM
Good luck with that. I once aspired to do the same, but grew bored with the tournament. ;)

Alexandra Little
06-14-2010, 06:42 AM
I want my Troll druid

Yes please!

(I can't handle ManCows. I'm sorry. I've tried.)

Good luck with that. I once aspired to do the same, but grew bored with the tournament. ;)

I once had the lovely idea of "let's get all of my reps to exalted!" but after I got the main faction reps up I had had enough of it.

LOG
06-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Reps are easy.

defcon6000
06-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Yes please!

I have a WomanCow. :D But I'm going to reroll her as worgan first chance I get.

LOL at the Real ID thing (aka. Facebook). Sometimes I just don't want to know who I'm playing with.

Kyra Wright
06-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Yes please!

Tauren are one of three WoW races (the others being gnomes and draenei) that I simply can't bring myself to play. So I'm ecstatic that Blizzard is answering my prayers (not literally, of course...hmm, I do have to wonder how many people actually pray to Blizzard) and giving us Troll druids, my favorite race and my favorite class in one neat package. :)

Rebecca_Rogers
06-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Pfffft. NE mages, ftw. ;)

I have way too many Night Elves. And I thought about it the other day... I think I just really, really like the starting zone. I've tried every race (except tauren, gnomes and dwarves, because they freak me out) and the NE starting area is my favorite. BE starting area is a close second.

LOG
06-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Imma make a worgen mage I think.
Either mage or priest so I can reuse the Dreadmist heirlooms for awhile.

WotLK added 1000 new quest, Cataclysm will have 3000.

Also, this is the best achievement ever (http://www.wowwiki.com/It's_Over_Nine_Thousand!); I want it. I'm nearly at 6K atm.

defcon6000
06-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Also, this is the best achievement ever (http://www.wowwiki.com/It%27s_Over_Nine_Thousand%21); I want it. I'm nearly at 6K atm.
I never really got into Dragonball Z (I thought it was soooooooo ridiculous), so reference would be lost on me. :Shrug:

I <3 draenei, they're the only alliance race I will play - until the day worgans arrive. Although gnomes have been growing on me lately.

Alexandra Little
06-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Tauren = ManCow or WomanCow I don't care, they look ridiculous.
Orcs = Love Thrall, but don't like to play
Trolls = Favorite horde
Undead = Third favorite
Blood Elves = Second favorite

Humans = Favorite alliance
Dwarves = Fun to quote
Gnomes = Too short
Night Elves = Second favorite alliance
Draenei = Goats from Outer Spaces

Gnomes = ZOMG (but may be too short)
Worgen = ZOMG x10

LOG
06-16-2010, 02:01 AM
Goblins = ZOMG (but may be too short)
Worgen = ZOMG x10
Fixed.

Rebecca_Rogers
06-16-2010, 04:46 PM
I think I'll hang out in Gilneas once this expansion hits. *is excited* :D

Kyra Wright
06-16-2010, 05:27 PM
I think I'll hang out in Gilneas once this expansion hits. *is excited* :D
I remember seeing top hats in Gilneas in the preview trailer. If they turn up in-game, I'm going to spend far more time there than advisable (since I'm not planning on leveling a Worgen). ;)

Rebecca_Rogers
06-16-2010, 05:49 PM
I remember seeing top hats in Gilneas in the preview trailer. If they turn up in-game, I'm going to spend far more time there than advisable (since I'm not planning on leveling a Worgen). ;)

lol!! I just like the look of the town. :D It's all creepy and stuff. I wonder if they'll open up the other two docks at SW, one of them being a direct route to Gilneas.