Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
All right, everyone -- fess up. Server and character names. C'mon. Gimme.

I'm Paula on The Venture Co, Mage Extraordinaire.

###

So, is it just me, or did the writing in the last expansion get, um, a lot better? I seriously went from skipping most of the quest info screens, to crossing the pond and reading all of them. Did Blizzard get new writers? And where the hell do we sign up?

Prozyan

Are you one, Herbert?
Registered
Reaction score
Prozyan, Kael'Thas, rogue. GM of SPG.

And yes, the scripting got much better with Wrath.

Ruv Draba

Banned
Reaction score
I abandoned Warcraft after its first six months. Too repetitive, too cartoony, not enough quality story.

Strangely though, I stuck with City of Villains for years. Maybe there's a right kind of cartoony. :)

shokadh

Now serving Table for 300
Registered
Reaction score
Shokadh, Kael'thas, nightelf droo-------!:e2headban

Jynical

Registered
Reaction score
Skadhi - lvl 80 BE Hunter on Fizzcrank.
Apate - lvl 63 NE Rogue on Quel'Thalas (that will change.)
Clairenne - lvl 40 NE Hunter on Korialstrasz.

Yeah... I play. Have been since pre-BC. ;)

ETA: I agree that the writing has gotten a bit better. I've been doing a quest chain in Storm Peaks that I absolutely love. It intrigues me.

AMCrenshaw

Registered
Reaction score
Website
dfnovellas.wordpress.com
Well, yeah... at the lower levels

I played fanatically in that first month, with friends who'd been playing for much longer. Not even their camaraderie could keep me.

MMORPGs have always fascinated me, and I've tried plenty. But usually there's too little RP and too many 12 year old kids-- or that's how old they act, anyway.

AMC

Sirion

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Tevri of Shandris....mage.

>.>

<.<

*runs away*

I did WoW for a month and got rid of it. The character models are too silly. Quests all the same.

You obviously did not play long if you actually believe that. xD

Jynical

Registered
Reaction score
I can totally understand not digging WoW and/or All MMORPGs. It takes different strokes to move the world...yes it does.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
I played fanatically in that first month, with friends who'd been playing for much longer. Not even their camaraderie could keep me.

MMORPGs have always fascinated me, and I've tried plenty. But usually there's too little RP and too many 12 year old kids-- or that's how old they act, anyway.

AMC

I can totally understand not digging WoW and/or All MMORPGs. It takes different strokes to move the world...yes it does.

MMOGs (the RP just confuses people about what is actually happening in the game I think) are an odd genre. In some ways they are diverse and in some ways there are tedious simularities. I've only played UO, AC/darktide and Shadowbane, but they were oddly similar in many ways, though the early days of AC/Darktide were quite something and probably nothing quite as much fun will happen til Darkfall gets a little bigger.

BlueLucario

Blood Elves FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Dawnbringer Realm

Sheel, a level 33 gnome mage.

GET PAWNED BY THE LITTLE PEOPLE

Thump

defying grabbity
Registered
Reaction score
Spending one short day in the Emerald City
I love the little people :D Gnomes FTW :D

I also play Guild Wars because there's no monthly fee. I enjoy it but I hate how structured it is compared to WoW. There's a lot more freedom to how you play in WoW.

Also, it has dinosaurs. Un'Goro Crater is my spiritual home.

Jynical

Registered
Reaction score
MMOGs (the RP just confuses people about what is actually happening in the game I think) are an odd genre.

It's sad that people are confused by the RP part of them. But you're right. Even on RP servers, there are ALWAYS people who don't. Having played table-top RPGs though... that part is something I enjoy. WoW is the first MMO I've played. It's fun for us and it's something we do as a family.

But we definitely get the look from friends and family and people who don't enjoy that sort of thing. It's all good, I say. The world would be incredibly dull if everyone liked the same thing.

Jynical

Registered
Reaction score
Well, we couldn't hide the inner geek forever, now could we? FWIW, my 12 year old has her own account, I have my own account, and my husband has 5 accounts he multi-boxes with. Uber-nerds, FTW!!!

My main is Anjadraconis, 70 rogue, Llane server, GM of Varyarrim.:Thumbs:

My partner-in-crime and I both have our separate accounts and my 5 year old has a couple of toons. And I totally credit Blizzard for helping teach my kid to read. She's interested in D&D too... so... we're excited to do that with her.

Yay uber-nerds. ;)

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
We have a lot of WoW-addicted lurkers. I've gotten more rep points based on my WoW faction than on all of my posts on AW, combined.

I jest. Still, go rep me.

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
Heh - I have:

L80 Rogue (Madelin)
L68 Death Knight (Sumire)
L35 Warlock (Tamlin)
L20 Mage (Madriga)
L10 Warrior (Madesther)

All Alliance, all on Thunderhorn.* And IMO it's not only the script that's improved with WoTL, the music is phenomenal.

I've been an RPG addict for as long as I can remember, but I love the MMORPGs because of the peeps I meet online - it's more fun to share!

*Okay, I *might* also have a Hordie Lock on Gnomer.

Last edited:

nahalwi

Registered
Reaction score
<---addict here. Can really only do one game at a time though, when D3 comes out that will steal my hubby and me away.

It is great fun to do when your spouse plays as well. I get to talk to my brother in-law from out of state a lot, old buddies of my husband from college, current co-workers, my brothers...it's crazy we ended up starting a guild just with RL friends and family who play. I think that's what's really kept us interested is being able to keep in contact with all those people, but still have fun at the same time.

lvl 80 hunter (Kerishai)
lvl 73 druid (Yanezhel)
lvl 72 death knight (Azurite)

all horde :p Ravencrest

Last edited:

Cath

The mean one
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.cathsmith.net
It is great fun to do when your spouse plays as well. I get to talk to my brother in-law from out of state a lot, old buddies of my husband from college, current co-workers, my brothers...it's crazy we ended up starting a guild just with RL friends and family who play. I think that's what's really kept us interested is being able to keep in contact with all those people, but still have fun at the same time.

I agree - hubby also plays (on his own account) and we socialize in the real world with all the guildies too - it's something that keeps us going back because we're helping x out with this, that, or the other.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
After 3 years of playing, I have:

80 Nelf Priest
71 Human Paladin
70 Nelf Hunter
70 Human Rogue
70 Human Death Knight
48 Nelf Druid
40+ Human Mage
All Alliance, all on Stormrage (EU).

Got a few 20-40 alts dotted about the place too.

Haven't played in 3 - 4 months. Think I've finally quit this time! :D

ETA: I almost forgot... FOR THE ALLIANCE!!! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.