PDA

View Full Version : Vanished ..... and Traveler .....

GavinPreacher
04-07-2009, 10:30 PM
There was a short-lived series on Fox called Vanished, running for a total of 13 episodes. Show centers on the kidnapping of Sara Collins, wife of US Senator Jeffrey Collins. The kidnappers apparently kidnapped her to force the Senator to vote to approve a certain person as a Supreme Court Justice. There was a biblical undertone having to do with one of the missing Dead Sea Scrolls and "an old story about a new world born of chaos." And apparently the Senator's wife has a place in all this. There was Cypher wheels and all sorts of interesting weird stuff.

I really, really enjoyed this show and would have wished it continued but it, of course, was cancelled. Did anyone else like or even watch this show? I was wondering if it had been planned for more than 13 episodes in order to tie out the series. I am watching it on Hulu now but haven't seen episode 13 yet. I was wondering what anyone out there might know about the fate of the Show and what was supposed to be, if anything.

Also, there was another short lived series called TRAVELER, about a group of kids on their last Journey before their lives start. They roller blade through a prominent ny museum and it blows up, elaving two of the kids as suspects and their friend Will Traveler missing. Traveler was the one person who could have proved their innocence and as they try to find him they see that it is as if he never existed. Anyone know where i can find this show to watch or even maybe buy the episodes that were aired?

Grrarrgh
04-08-2009, 12:51 AM
I actually watched both of these. (Thus proving the post I made a few minutes ago about watching way too much TV :))

Vanished had the 13 eps, but only 10 of them aired. If the last 3 are on Hulu, you're in better shape than those of us who watched them on TV.

Traveler aired all of its episodes, and I've never seen anything about how it was supposed to end or if the writers even knew how they wanted to end it. If it's not on Hulu, I wouldn't know where to start looking for it. Something like that will probably never have a DVD release, so you may be out of luck.

mamaesme
04-08-2009, 01:08 AM
And sadly enough, Kings is about to join them in dead shows land.

maestrowork
04-08-2009, 11:41 PM
I watched Vanished because of my friend (you know who :)) and also the premise sounded interesting... sort of a cross between The Da Vinci Code and X-Files. They didn't give it enough time to develop, unfortunately, so it seems like the plot kept going in circle until they cancelled it. Not to mention my friend didn't have much to do with her role except running around a lot and pointing a gun at something -- there's absolutely no character development there. And then they killed off a major character -- kind of like killing off Keifer Sutherland midway through the first season of 24... The plot did start to become interesting but they couldn't do much before it was canceled.

Grrarrgh
04-09-2009, 12:08 AM
. And then they killed off a major character -- kind of like killing off Keifer Sutherland midway through the first season of 24... The plot did start to become interesting but they couldn't do much before it was canceled.

Oh, wow - I had completely forgotten about that! I remember being shocked that they had done that, and so early in the series. But it didn't get a chance to really go anywhere.

maestrowork
04-09-2009, 12:12 AM
The insider story was that the actor had a major dispute with the directors and producers. I don't think it had to do with money either... so they fired him, killed off the character, and introduced another. That was pretty much the beginning of the end.