PDA

View Full Version : Saucy jobs for seductive writers [Pay: To be determined by writers]

regaljobs
04-07-2009, 06:19 AM
Heya Guys and Girls,

For those of you who are interested in writing saucy instructional content (research resources are often included) for our company we'd be happy to have you fill out our application form located here:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=cC1aWDBDSE9KSU5vcVZuYWtGZXVLWFE6MA..

We are a company that teaches men how to seduce women. We've been established for over 5 years and sell a variety of textual and video products online through our membership program.

The job involves and requires certain abilities:

- Writing articles / mini-ebooks at a professional level (approximately 5,000-10,000 words each task)
- An ability to use plain language / simple-diction
- be entertaining and use humour
- explain concepts figuratively (e.g. using analogies to help communicate complex ideas)
- A natural flair for understanding the human condition and social skills
- Ability to research documents

WARNING: a wide variety of the content that you will be allocated to create will be of a sexually explicit nature.

TO APPLY:

Fill out: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=cC1aWDBDSE9KSU5vcVZuYWtGZXVLWFE6MA..

JenNipps
04-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Moving this to Nonpaying Markets as it doesn't belong in Freelance Writing & I see no mention of pay.

regaljobs
04-07-2009, 06:52 AM
The pay is to be determined by the writers, we feel it's rude to alienate more experienced writers who may charge more by setting our preferred price.

If you see the form this is the final question there so yes, pay is mentioned. If you still feel the need to move this to another forum section that's fine but I do believe it fills your mod criteria to keep it where it is.

MacAllister
04-07-2009, 08:06 AM
No worries. Bumping it to Paying Markets. Will reserve a final decision, pending a bit more research.

Bartholomew
04-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Their interviewing page asks the applicants to specify how much they charge. I applied; I'll keep you guys posted.

Grandmaster
04-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Bartholomew, is that a character from a Koei game?

I looked at their application form and can't fathom how religion is pertinent.
"Single males have short attention spans"? WTF? Where are they getting this information from?
I'm filling out the form but really do have my doubts that this is serious...

By the way, a quick online search yielded that the average freelancer (in America) reaps approx. $1.50 per word - I cross-referenced three different sources to come up with this figure, the minimum was still $1.25.

I'll let you all know if they get back to me and what was the deal was, but I'm kind of getting the idea that they just want people to proof-read their documents for free (I hope that I'm wrong).

Aric Mitchell
04-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Talked to the guy that runs this last night on the phone. He's based in Australia, has a website, and seems like he runs a decent operation. He liked my app, but my price was too high. I quoted $.50 per word as a way of making sure this wasn't one of those $.01 per word gigs. It's not. If you'd like to know more details, feel free to PM me.

TemlynWriting
04-09-2009, 08:57 PM
If you still feel the need to move this to another forum section that's fine but I do believe it fills your mod criteria to keep it where it is.

Welcome to AW, regaljobs.

Actually, it never did belong in Freelance Writing (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3) to begin with, nor did it fit the mod criteria for that forum, since we have forums specifically for posting writing markets. The Freelance Writing (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3) forum is meant for more along the lines of chit-chat about freelance writing. Anytime an actual writing market is posted there, whether paying or nonpaying, it is moved to our Paying (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24) and/or Nonpaying Markets (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25) forums.

This is why the moderator of Freelance Writing moved it to Nonpaying Markets. Our admin then moved it to Paying Markets, which is where it belongs since your market does pay.

Hope that clears things up. :)

Bartholomew
04-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Bartholomew, is that a character from a Koei game?

I looked at their application form and can't fathom how religion is pertinent.
"Single males have short attention spans"? WTF? Where are they getting this information from?
I'm filling out the form but really do have my doubts that this is serious...

By the way, a quick online search yielded that the average freelancer (in America) reaps approx. $1.50 per word - I cross-referenced three different sources to come up with this figure, the minimum was still $1.25.

I'll let you all know if they get back to me and what was the deal was, but I'm kind of getting the idea that they just want people to proof-read their documents for free (I hope that I'm wrong).

I didn't get that impression at all.

My avatar is from Skies of Arcadia; not sure about the publisher.

Grandmaster
04-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Skies of Arcadia... I had it on DC - no wonder the dude looked familiar.

Hmm, I was thinking and maybe I messed up my maths (especially when converting to USD). Take a look at this link and get an idea for yourselves (all prices @GBP):
http://www.londonfreelance.org/rates/w1000mag.html

Note that there are no rates currently listed from 2009 and quite

DarkDesireX
04-09-2009, 11:47 PM
I spoke to them as well and I absolutely love this company. If you're looking for a longterm situation with laid back people this is the job for you. A sense of humor is a must so just relax and be yourself.

As for pay, I feel they really base how much you can get on your experience and writing samples. They were willing to pay me my first request, so that wasn't a problem.

10/10.

Bartholomew
04-09-2009, 11:48 PM
I spoke to them as well and I absolutely love this company. If you're looking for a longterm situation with laid back people this is the job for you. A sense of humor is a must so just relax and be yourself.

As for pay, I feel they really base how much you can get on your experience and writing samples. They were willing to pay me my first request, so that wasn't a problem.

10/10.

How long did it take for them to get back to you?

SouthernFriedJulie
04-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Talked to them last night, I applied yesterday morning, Bart. Time difference between us is huge, my call came at midnight. Very nice guy, upfront and was very understanding of my not being too 'with it' at that time of night.

I'm hopeful that being groggy didn't turn him off.

Bartholomew
04-10-2009, 07:18 AM
I'm very hard to get ahold of, and I don't remember if he asked for an e-mail address. I hope that doesn't ruin my chances.

DarkDesireX
04-10-2009, 03:12 PM
How long did it take for them to get back to you?

I got my reply e-mail back within twelve hours, set up my Skype and added him at around ten at night (PST) and he responded to me immediately.

Note: He DID ask for an e-mail address as well as a phone number. I didn't put my phone on the application, so he contacted me by email.

Grandmaster
04-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Hmm, so they seem legit - that's great news.
To be honest, I filled out their form and wondered if it wasn't some kind of marketing thing - all those questions!
Well, if people are getting good vibes from them, I'd only recommend that those people go with it... provided that the pay meets your personal standards.

Good luck to all parties.

TemlynWriting
04-14-2009, 07:25 AM
The pay is to be determined by the writers, we feel it's rude to alienate more experienced writers who may charge more by setting our preferred price.

If you see the form this is the final question there so yes, pay is mentioned. If you still feel the need to move this to another forum section that's fine but I do believe it fills your mod criteria to keep it where it is.

Regaljobs:

For future reference: I neglected to mention this earlier, but the rules (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11828) of this forum include sharing a basic idea of pay rate, or at least stating in your initial post that pay varies. The promise of pay needs to be mentioned, at the very least, even if it is negotiable.

This information is vital for the initial post in a market/job thread.

Thanks!