PDA

View Full Version : House...WOW! (SPOILERS for episode aired 4/6)

Pamster
04-07-2009, 04:22 AM
Any House fans in the House? :D

Fenika
04-07-2009, 04:24 AM
I wasn't gonna click on this, till I realized it was only 8:22 and too early for spoilers of tonight's epi :D (watching it in streaming later)

I watch House. I used to enjoy following the medical stuff and now I turn my medical brain off most the time and enjoy the drama ;)

be back after I'm caught up with the latest epi!

katiemac
04-07-2009, 04:33 AM
I watch House every week but never really anticipate it. Between the title of this thread and the preview based on last week, I'm itching to watch it. (I'll see the DVR'd episode tomorrow.)

I just had to come in here and post (and not read anything!) because it was making me nuts not clicking.

ChaosTitan
04-07-2009, 04:34 AM
Um...watching now, and there's a HUGE spoiler in the opening teaser.

I may have to put a spoiler warning in the thread title, because...wow....

Pamster
04-07-2009, 04:35 AM
I am halfway into tonight's ep. I can't comment on it yet. But I love the drama, its what drew me in...:D

Pamster
04-07-2009, 04:41 AM
I know CT I am like STUNNED....

dclary
04-07-2009, 04:47 AM
Um...watching now, and there's a HUGE spoiler in the opening teaser.

I may have to put a spoiler warning in the thread title, because...wow....

Your cover model is SO indescribably hot.

She can stake me any day.

ChaosTitan
04-07-2009, 04:54 AM
Your cover model is SO indescribably hot.

She can stake me any day.

:ROFL:

ChaosTitan
04-07-2009, 05:01 AM
Okay, so....with the spoiler warning in place....

I did not see that coming.

Thirteen or Taub, maybe. But Kutner?

Delhomeboy
04-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Yeah, I just now came back to it after watching reruns on USA and remembering how aweseome it is. So my first episode back, and Kutner dies. Wow...

Pamster
04-07-2009, 05:10 AM
I so did not see it coming...I was sure it was Taub that would be the 'death' that they've been hinting at. When Kutner didn't show up I got the feeling that was why, like around the time House said he needed to know what Kutner was doing or who he was doing to write it on his termination papers for Cuddy. WOW! What an episode. I think Meatloaf was brilliant too! :D

Branwyn
04-07-2009, 05:16 AM
With the switching from Tuesday to Monday I totally forgot it was on until someone tweeted--HOUSE OMG! By then I missed 23 minutes. I guess Kutner's off to White Castle, again. I really liked the character. I rooted for him everytime House was firing his "new team", one by one.

rhymegirl
04-07-2009, 05:47 AM
That was quite a shocking episode.

TerzaRima
04-07-2009, 06:09 AM
Did you guys recognize Meat Loaf as the patient who wanted to give his dying wife his entire liver? He's a good actor!

For those interested, the haunting song playing during Kutner's funeral was Losing You by Pete Yorn--a friend emailed me.

jodiodi
04-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Haven't seen the episode, though I knew about Kutner. I can't believe they lost him. I was hoping it would be Thirteen--just don't like her character. I adore Kutner.

I recall first hearing about the 'upcoming death' and the show's people said it would come out of the blue, no foreshadowing, so it would be realistic. But still, Kutner? He was the best of the 3.

Maybe it's all a bad dream.

Cranky
04-07-2009, 07:26 AM
They killed Kutner! The bastards!

He was one of my favorite characters. :(

Prozyan
04-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Shocked me too, but a brilliant piece of writing, imo.

How do you torture the man who can solve anything? Give him something that makes no sense.

CaroGirl
04-07-2009, 04:32 PM
GREAT episode last night! Definitely unexpected and quite riveting. Jeez, I thought that was Meatloaf! I even said so to my husband, who's notoriously bad at knowing actors so, of course, had no idea.

Yeah, I thought it would be Taub too. Kudos to the writers for coming up with something shocking, yet believable. I wonder if Kal Penn got fired or left on his own. Anyone know?

busy91
04-07-2009, 06:54 PM
I was NOT happy about that. I would like to know why they did that.
But it was a great episode. I'll miss Kutner. :(

Grrarrgh
04-07-2009, 06:56 PM
With the switching from Tuesday to Monday I totally forgot it was on until someone tweeted--HOUSE OMG! By then I missed 23 minutes. I guess Kutner's off to White Castle, again. I really liked the character. I rooted for him everytime House was firing his "new team", one by one.

Actually, he's quitting acting for a while to work as the Associate director of Public liaison in the White House.

I like the way they made this such a puzzle for House. Not seeing something coming and not being able to explain it will be a huge part of the rest of the season for him, I think.

CaroGirl
04-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Actually, he's quitting acting for a while to work as the Associate director of Public liaison in the White House.
Interesting. Thanks.

Harold and Kumar go to the White House. Cool.

LaurieD
04-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Alas, poor Lightbright!

dragonjax
04-07-2009, 09:14 PM
This article (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/house-exclusive.html?cnn=yes) explains it all.

katiemac
04-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Interesting. As I always, I find the writing on the show good in that sense that something shocking like this always goes back to the character--how will this twist up House even more than he is? Also I like the subtle Sherlock undertones, and even more that House didn't get his answer.

busy91
04-07-2009, 10:29 PM
This article (http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/04/house-exclusive.html?cnn=yes) explains it all.

Oh wow, thanks for the link, that helps. I don't feel so out of the loop now. :D

jodiodi
04-08-2009, 12:11 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Here's another article on it.

Grrarrgh
04-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Harold and Kumar go to the White House. Cool.

That's exactly what I said. :)

kikilynn
04-09-2009, 10:09 AM
I know Im a little late...thats better than never showing, right? So house lately has been pretty drab and boring to me. So im finally getting around to watching this weeks episode, and umm....WOH! So did not see that one. I guess they had to throw it in for those like me who were starting to wander off. Im back into the show...got my vote, no cancel house!

ETA: Wait...didn't Kutner ask Taub about suicide a few episodes back?? Taub told him that he had attempted it?

Prozyan
04-09-2009, 12:14 PM
ETA: Wait...didn't Kutner ask Taub about suicide a few episodes back?? Taub told him that he had attempted it?

Yeah, they had a whole big suicide discussion a few weeks ago.

small axe
04-10-2009, 02:42 AM
They better not whack 13. The only reason I watch the new Houses is 13. Not that I don't luv House, just that I can get my full dose of House watching the re-runs on other channels.

But I cannot stalk 13 by watching re-runs! :) How's the old song go: "It's Too Late /
To Fall In Love /
With Sharon Tate"
???

Olivia Wilde is just tha bomb.

Kal penn is pretty good in a movie/dvd called THE NAMESAKE, about an Indian-American kid with cultural identity issues, by the way. And his father is played by the outstanding actor who's the cop torturing the kid in SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE.

SLUMDOG being nothing like I expected it to be, by the way!
SLUMDOG is not some lightweight Bollywood sort of movie ... though that's what I expected, and was very much surprised and impressed!

Delhomeboy
04-10-2009, 04:13 AM
Olivia Wilde is just tha bomb.

QFT

jodiodi
05-05-2009, 05:42 AM
Sorry for bumping an ancient thread. But ...

Did anyone see House tonite? I'm sure all the Huddy fans squeed with delight.

Greenify13
05-05-2009, 05:53 AM
I so definitely saw it, and the preview for the next...so not funny!

MeganRebekah
05-05-2009, 05:53 AM
I'm watching it right now on my DVR - loving it!!

Pamster
05-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Wow, it's remarkable the way they wound up this season....Wow! Anyone else see the last few eps in a row and still didn't expect the emotionally moving experience in the season finale. :eek: ;)

Talking about Ep 524, Both Sides Now. Aired Monday May 11th.

Greenify13
05-14-2009, 07:28 PM
:cry: Oh it was terrible, wtf are they going to do? Chances are if people knew he went there then he will probably not be able to practice medicine.
It does make me wonder if the rumor about it "might be going away" is true or not...:Shrug:

Alpha Echo
05-14-2009, 07:32 PM
:cry: Oh it was terrible, wtf are they going to do? Chances are if people knew he went there then he will probably not be able to practice medicine.
It does make me wonder if the rumor about it "might be going away" is true or not...:Shrug:

I haven't heard that rumor...I hope it's not true!!

Sage
05-14-2009, 07:57 PM
I don't know, I'm kinda over the House seasons ending with "It was all a dream/hallucination" every single year.

Pamster
05-20-2009, 02:44 AM
Yeah it's getting old I agree. But still I too hadn't heard that rumor either, what were the details of it? That the show is cancelled or something? I think Hugh Laurie signed on for 2 more years. :)

K. Taylor
05-20-2009, 03:54 AM
House is renewed for next season. Still at 8pm on Mondays.

katiemac
05-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Just caught up. I'm guessing the hallucinations have something to do with his vicodin levels, right? And the one side of his brain was trying to keep him taking them.

Pamster
05-22-2009, 03:35 AM
I think that's what the deal katiemac. :p Not sure how I feel about them really detoxing House and not letting him do something to help the pain levels so he can practice. :(

jodiodi
05-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Possible Spoilers *********

Are we talking about the episode that aired on USA tonite? With Huddy, Amber and Kutner? I just caught the last part of it tonite--can't remember why I didn't see it on Fox.

WTH was going on? I was totally lost. Why did he decide to detox? What was real and what wasn't?

I'm just dense, I guess.

katiemac
05-23-2009, 08:22 AM
Possible Spoilers *********

Are we talking about the episode that aired on USA tonite? With Huddy, Amber and Kutner? I just caught the last part of it tonite--can't remember why I didn't see it on Fox.

WTH was going on? I was totally lost. Why did he decide to detox? What was real and what wasn't?

I'm just dense, I guess.

Before you read this, if you'd rather find out for yourself, you can watch the last couple of episodes on Hulu.com. But ...

If it was the same episode, the House detox has been coming for a couple of episodes. He started hallucinating dead Amber. They explained the hallucinations as a side effect from his vicodin levels being so high. At first he thought it was cool because Amber was giving him an all-access pass to his mental process. But then she (he) almost killed Chase, so he decided he needed to detox.

He convinced Cuddy to come to his apartment and help him. She stayed through the night, then when he was sober they slept together.

He found out in the last episode (the USA one), that his entire detox experience, and sleeping with Cuddy, had been a hallucination and his mind was masking his pills as something else so he would keep taking them. So in the end, after he sees Amber and then Kutner, he admits himself to the mental hospital.

jodiodi
05-23-2009, 08:41 AM
I'd seen the other 2 episodes. This one was the only one I'd missed and I couldn't understand what was going on. So when did the hallucination begin? I remember him sleeping with Cuddy but he was talking about it tonite. Was tonite's episode a hallucination as well? Or only part of it?

katiemac
05-23-2009, 08:52 AM
I'd seen the other 2 episodes. This one was the only one I'd missed and I couldn't understand what was going on. So when did the hallucination begin? I remember him sleeping with Cuddy but he was talking about it tonite. Was tonite's episode a hallucination as well? Or only part of it?

Most of it wasn't a hallucination, but some was. House and Cuddy sleeping together (in the previous episode) was all a hallucination and House figures that out in this episode. So little things like House playing with the lipstick she left at his apartment was a hallucination. He was in fact playing with his pill bottle because, as she was never at his apartment, she never left the lipstick. His head was playing a trick on him that made him think he had detoxed. But the patient and the case, House telling Wilson he'd slept with Cuddy, etc., that all happened for real.

And then Amber and Kutner, of course, at the very end was a hallucination.

jodiodi
05-23-2009, 09:00 AM
OK, thanks. My husband doesn't watch it and I can't trust my memory sometimes.