Proach

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deannasworks.synthasite.com

twnkltoz

Registered
Reaction score
Read the stickies in this forum. Also visit the paying writing jobs forum. We're all looking for the same thing.

JMcIntosh

Registered
Reaction score
If you want something instant, I would look at Demand Studios. They always seem to be hiring.

Proach

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I tried to apply to Demand Studios, only to discover, they do not hire Canadians. That is the same for Text Brokers. I'm writing for Suite101, but that is a revenue sharing site and it doesn't pay much at all. So, I'm wondering if anyone knows any site that hires Canadian Writers? Thanks very much for the information, though.

caseyquinn

Just happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shortstory.us.com
tbh your best bet is just do some research. It is tough asking people to give you leads for writing jobs when everyone on this board is looking for some on their own. Doing research. Making contacts hoping they lead to a job... Nothing really gets handed over to you like, "here sir, would you like this writing job" .. you need to do some research on your own and find magazines that accept articles in topics you are an expert in or at the very confident you can write in. Send queries out... do google searches for content writing sites that you can join, etc...

Proach

Registered
Reaction score
Website

espresso

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
HI! Great thread, Proach!

Of the various sites mentioned by Casey (thx, Casey) those I have checked out (assoc content, suite 101) require giving up all rights, as well as indemnifying the given site operators should someone decide to sue. Is every site on the above list like this? Obviously, esp. for the low amt. paid, these are very bad provisions for writers.

There must be, however, some similar sites without these draconian provisions.

Ideas? Thx

Cleopatra Jones

Registered
Reaction score
Jay, I live in France too, but I still was able to sign up with Demand Studios because I'm an American citizen and get paid via Paypal into an American account.

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Thank you very much, Jayinfrance. I actually applied to essaywriters and my application was accepted. You can check it out at http://www.essaywriters.net. I'm definately going to check out peopleperhour. That sounds interesting. All the best with your witing.
You may want to read the thread about them (I think it's on Bewares and Background Checks).

JMcIntosh

Registered
Reaction score
HI! Great thread, Proach!

Of the various sites mentioned by Casey (thx, Casey) those I have checked out (assoc content, suite 101) require giving up all rights, as well as indemnifying the given site operators should someone decide to sue. Is every site on the above list like this? Obviously, esp. for the low amt. paid, these are very bad provisions for writers.

There must be, however, some similar sites without these draconian provisions.

Ideas? Thx

I will add that Suite 101 has rights for one year, then you can sell reprints.

WildScribe

Slave to the Wordcount
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
My advice is to dedicate some time to research and to check out FreelanceWritingGigs.com daily. Otherwise, well... we're ALL looking for writing jobs.

Proach

Registered
Reaction score
Website