The Unknown Author

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister_lister

Banned
Reaction score
Today The Unkown Author died, leaving many children and a spouse to mourn in the wake.

The author had a couple of works in print, many more in progress on the computer in the study. After a couple of harsh criticisms in a forum and else where, the author became unable to construct stories. The author lost faith in the work the author was doing.

The loss is magnified by the lack of production on the part of the author. The couple stories self published, are now in dusty shelves of thrift shop, paper back, another is on Amazon subject to bit rot.

The author will be known for the lack of commitment to the craft. Taking easy wasys out of problems, unable to take criticism, lack of faith in the vision.

The author will be missed, but forgotten after a few years. The author will only be remembered in the flesh, as long as those in flesh can remember.

I mourn this author, because I saw the potential: the story that was unique ... the series that never came to be. The mind that is currently rotting, that had so much promise.

Do you know this author?

Last edited:

khwaish

when it rains
Registered
Reaction score
It takes so much self esteem to have your work rejected again and again.
And it's true- we all die a little inside. That's why success feels so good and we keep trying at it.

Topaz044

Resident Zombie
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.warofthesoulites.com
Nope, don't recall.

But maybe that's because I'm still waiting to give up. I'll give up my

Last edited:

CoriSCapnSkip

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I think I remember that author, but I don't know.

Dr. Bork Bork

Delusional Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, didn't I mention? I staged my death so I could run away and write in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.