• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

I'd Like A Query Helper

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunday morning

Voguing
Registered
Reaction score
I've posted before about querying for my new novel. I've been doing this for a month or so, and no bites yet. I've revamped it & sent out a couple different versions of it, too, and still, nothing. There've been a lot more no responses this time...a couple said no, the rest were non-responders. I queried twelve altogether, so I don't know if this means my query needs work or if the wrong people read it.

Anyhow, I'm in luck with one of them because the one I had the most going for didn't actually see my letter -- I got it back in the mail return to sender yesterday because her address had changed & the forward time expired, I guess. So I want to rewrite it before I send it back to her & I'm looking for someone to help me with it. I prefer someone who obtained an agent from a query letter so you've had some success with this.

One bonus I have with this is that it's the first query ever I've had where I can say that one of her (past) clients told me to query her. I think my lead-in is pretty good, and better in this letter than in the others, I just want to see what I can do with the book description part. I want to perfect it before I send it to her.

Hope somebody can help me out. Thanks in advance! :)

jclarkdawe

Feeling lucky, Query?
Registered
Reaction score
If you're are brave enough, fearless enough, and have the courage to type your manuscript on hot coals, come over to Query Letters & Synopses.

Post your query there after reading PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING (
multipage.gif
1 2) and a bunch of neurotic nutcases will enjoy your twisting and turning as another entrant in query letter hell.

Best of luck,

Jim Clark-Dawe

Niki_G

Here I Am!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nicolegreenauthor.com
I'd be willing to do a query swap with you. I'm not agented yet, but I have gotten requests for material from agents based on my queries. If you're interested, PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.