PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Ways to Die

BradyH1861
04-06-2009, 03:01 AM
Does anyone watch this series on Spike TV? Good for mindless entertainment and proof that perhaps Darwin was on to something.....

Zoombie
04-06-2009, 03:03 AM
Pointless, stupid, scientifically inaccurate, and really really boring.

Seriously, laying down in a decompression chamber WON'T MAKE YOU EXPLODE!

Not even a hard vacuum will do that!

BradyH1861
04-06-2009, 03:09 AM
I've seen some very, very strange deaths in my career, but none of them as, shall we say, interesting as what is on the show. Oddly enough, notice how all the deaths tend to involve scantily clad women in some way or another? Then again, it is Spike TV.

Zoombie
04-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Strange deaths happen, but it seems rather...disrespectful to make them entertainment.

And not just entertainment, but BAD entertainment.

However, their "deadliest warriors" show looks kinda fun...

dgiharris
04-06-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm really impressed with some of Spike TVs programs.

I saw one episode of "1000 Ways to Die" and I have to admit I laughed my ass off.

One that got me was the Two Metal Heads (Ozzy Osbourne Freaks) who decided to each 'snort' a line of red fire ants.

1) Why on earth would you snort red fire ants?
2) Who on earth could be that stupid.

Granted, I did not know that could kill you because it never occurred to me to think about what snorting red fire ants would do to you. But then, when you stop and think about it, they are venomous, the nasal cavity is extremely sensitive and prone to swelling, and it is little wonder why it swelled shut and choked them to death.

Also, Have you seen Manswers? That show is also hilarious. They did a spoof with a drinking contest. They had a guy walk into the bar and challenge the animal kingdom to a drinking contest. They went through all these animals and turns out that Man is one of the few animals in which alcohol does not kill (most animals it kills and/or they do not have any tolerance for it). All, but one animal. The mighty Hamster.

They then brought in a six foot tall Hamster and the man and Hamster went shot for shot and it turns out that a Hamster has 50 times the ability of man when it comes to drinking alcohol. That little skit was f-ing hilarious!!!

Pointless, stupid, scientifically inaccurate, and really really boring.

Seriously, laying down in a decompression chamber WON'T MAKE YOU EXPLODE!

Not even a hard vacuum will do that!

You are semi right semi wrong here.

If you suffer the bends, and then go from low pressure to high pressure suddenly, Blood will shot out of every orafice of your body. Eyes, Ears, Mouth, Anus, and Nose.

Yes, they showed her head exploding, that was inacurrate, but she did die and it wasn't pretty.

Mel...

Zoombie
04-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Bleugh.

Romantic Heretic
04-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Bread and circuses are a wonderful thing.

Zoombie
04-07-2009, 12:36 AM
That was a good star trek episode!

I think I'm going to watch it.