PDA

View Full Version : New Red Dwarf -- Counting down to blastoff.

Mr Flibble
04-04-2009, 12:59 AM
Yes folks it's only seven more days to the all new, singing and dancing Red Dwarf episode (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Red-Dwarf-Back-To-Earth-Series-To-Be-Broadcast-Over-Easter-Cult-Space-Comedy-Returns-To-TV-Screens/Article/200901415210891)!

*gibbers excitedly*

scarletpeaches
04-04-2009, 01:04 AM
Smeg.

Robin
04-04-2009, 01:10 AM
I'm flying across the Atlantic to stay with you for Easter. :D

scarletpeaches
04-11-2009, 12:33 AM
Who watched it?

Kitty Pryde
04-11-2009, 12:36 AM
oh god why can't it be on the youtubes? what a cruel, cruel world! anybody got a link for watching it?

Mr Flibble
04-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Don't say, don't say what happened!!!!

I've taped it for a reward when I get my words in.

*puts fingers in ears* Lalalalalalalala

scarletpeaches
04-11-2009, 01:02 AM
Okay I won't.

But it was worth the wait. :D

Rosebutterfly
04-11-2009, 01:12 AM
We had a Red Dwarf party here lol. We spent time watching the at series. The teens wore red dwarf shirts. Did I mention they are geeks?

Mr Flibble
04-11-2009, 01:15 AM
Did I mention my cats are called Smeghead and Lister?

:D

SO I watched it. OOOOoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOH!

Pamster
04-12-2009, 03:04 AM
So is it any good?

Mr Flibble
04-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Yes

I want the Starbug car. WANT! I'd even take my test and everything. WANT!!!

scarletpeaches
04-12-2009, 06:02 PM
I love the whole 'metafiction' aspect of it.

Fran
04-12-2009, 06:16 PM
Did I mention my cats are called Smeghead and Lister?

My cat was called Lister!
I wanted to watch it, but if it's rubbish I'm going to be really upset. I have the first eight series on DVD, where it makes up the logo if you put them all together.
Anyway, it's on Dave, and they'll show it sixteen times a week if I do decide to watch.

Mr Flibble
04-12-2009, 06:30 PM
I love the whole 'metafiction' aspect of it.

Lol yeah, it's really quite cool. My Old Man reckons it's a new version of Back to Reality and the Despair Squid has come for revenge :D

My cat was called Lister!

WE didn't have much choice. We got two kittens called Smeg and Head ( you should hear us calling them for dinner. SmmeeeeeeeeeeeHeeeeeeeeeeeeeead. Sadly Smegger died so Head became Smeghead)
Then hubby found another kitten in a box. A kitten that begged for raw chillies. We couldn't call it anything else really. Little bugger always steals my curry if I'm not careful.

Mr Flibble
04-13-2009, 12:42 AM
HA!

*snerk*

Anyone else love all the little Bladerunner touches? Not to mention flares on a diving suit :D

Fran
04-13-2009, 01:10 AM
My cat was originally called Garfield, but that didn't suit him at all. He was 8 years old when I got him, but he didn't mind the name change :) Lister's the god of all cats after all. I love that your cat eats curries! My friend's cat ate pakora, but my Lister liked his food plain.

Topaz044
04-13-2009, 02:17 AM
It's now up on youtube. All you have to do is search 'Red Dwarf back to Earth episodes' and you shall find them.

I think it was pretty good, although there were some inconsistencies between season 8 and Back to Earth. The lack of a laugh track is also odd for Red Dwarf, but it's a small price to pay if they're finally ending the series.

Adam
04-13-2009, 03:12 AM
I enjoyed it, but I felt it could have been better. :(

And what was with the lack of audience? Pfft!

Fran
04-13-2009, 03:13 AM
The lack of audience is probably to do with the fact that Dave has 60 people viewing it at any one time :biggrin:
Good on Dave, though, because the BBC weren't going to help out.

Adam
04-13-2009, 03:16 AM
The lack of audience is probably to do with the fact that Dave has 60 people viewing it at any one time :biggrin:
Good on Dave, though, because the BBC weren't going to help out.

I meant an audience at the time of recording the shows, not the viewing figures. I like laughter tracks on comedies. :)

Mr Flibble
04-13-2009, 03:23 AM
Lol I reckon Dave has a few more than 60 - I know people who only watch that one channel! And according to this (http://broken-tv.blogspot.com/2007/10/dave-stupid-name-decent-viewing-figures.html)it gets almost as many views as Sky One. ( over 2.5 mill daily, just under 12 mill weekly)

And didn't series VII have no audience? Or am I thinking of something else? Was weird, I agree. The audience was almost like part of the crew...

I meant an audience at the time of recording the shows, not the viewing figures. I like laughter tracks on comedies.

Oh, right. Yeah, but that audience really made it a more intimate experience. And the crappy sets were part of the charm.

Adam
04-13-2009, 03:25 AM
Can't remember, need to dig out the boxset. :D

Or rather, steal it from my brother when his back is turned...

And yeah, the audience were part of the experience. Removing them was just wrong, IMO. :(

Adam
04-13-2009, 03:28 AM
And the crappy sets were part of the charm.

Definitely! :D

Mr Flibble
04-13-2009, 03:33 AM
Aha!

"Tikka To Ride" ushered in new production values. The cinematic quality and filming of the new episodes meant that the studio audience was no longer viable (however the show maintained a laugh track (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laugh_track)).

Yeah a laugh track isn't quite the same as the audience being 'in' on the gags and cock ups :D

Adam
04-13-2009, 03:36 AM
True, but it's better than silence! ;)

I'm all nostalgic now, definitely going to have to steal that boxset now...

*Wanders off to find his black lycra catsuit and winch*

Kitty Pryde
04-13-2009, 09:21 PM
It's now up on youtube. All you have to do is search 'Red Dwarf back to Earth episodes' and you shall find them.

I think it was pretty good, although there were some inconsistencies between season 8 and Back to Earth. The lack of a laugh track is also odd for Red Dwarf, but it's a small price to pay if they're finally ending the series.

wooohooo! the boys from the dwarf! coming soon to my laptop!!!!!!!! this is excellent news because the NBA championship is starting and yours truly has been banished from the tv. i'll report back!

mister_lister
04-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Was I in any of them?

Adam
04-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Was I in any of them?

All of 'em, along with Cat, Kryten and Rimmer. :D