PDA

View Full Version : In Plain Sight

DagnyTaggart
04-04-2009, 12:46 AM
I'm so psyched this is coming back for a second season. All new episodes start on April 19.

I think Mary is one of the most dynamic female leads on TV today - they way she balances her super-intense witness protection job and her crazy family is incredible.

Any other fans on here?

DagnyTaggart
05-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Have any of you all been watching this season? I've been really impressed so far.

Her mom and sister are starting to finally come around to becoming better people.

DagnyTaggart
02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Another great USA series- a very cool look behind the scenes of witness protection with an awesome female lead.

Glad to see it will be back with new episodes this spring! Does anyone else follow the series?

AceTachyon
02-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Eagerly waiting to find out what happens to Mary and Co.

DagnyTaggart
02-27-2010, 12:01 AM
...aaaaaaaaand now we have an official premiere date!

Wednesday, March 31 at 10 pm.

New night this time, works for me.

Gugland
02-27-2010, 12:26 AM
I loved that show, and I'm really excited that it'll be coming back.

I fell for the characters (except Jynx) right away. Ok, and I'll admit, it took me a bit to warm up to Brandy, but she eventually became one of my favorites. And I suppose, to be truthful, I didn't like Stan at first, but once he grew pair in the second season (if you can call USA's seasons "season") I began to like him as well.

Actually, aside from Mary's corny soliloquies at the end of each episode, I have to say IPS is my favorite TV show since Beggars & Choosers.

DagnyTaggart
03-06-2010, 01:12 AM
I definitely warmed up to Brandy last season, as well -- especially in her story line with the boyfriend played by Josh Malina. It really felt like she was growing up.

Now it's Jynx's turn! You could see her start to change... maybe this season will be her time to grow up.

Shadow_Ferret
03-06-2010, 01:24 AM
Is it a reality tv show?

Selah March
03-06-2010, 01:54 AM
No.

DagnyTaggart
03-12-2010, 08:48 PM
No it's a drama on USA -- it's a very cool behind-the-scenes look at the Witness Protection Program. The main character is Mary who is a US Marshall in charge of changing identities and protecting those in trouble, both good guys and bad. It's got a nice case-of-the-week format, too, so it's pretty easy to jump in.

Good overview? Am I missing anything major?

Selah March
03-12-2010, 08:54 PM
At least fifty percent of the show is often devoted to Mary's relationships with her dysfunctional family, her partner, her boyfriend, etc.

Mary herself can be an acquired taste, but I love the actress and have come to be very fond of the character.

Enzo
03-13-2010, 02:41 PM
Saw bits of it in Asia last year, but it didn't really work for me. Too much of an old-style one-crime-a-week show for me. In that genre, 'Life' was a lot more fun.

DagnyTaggart
03-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Mary herself can be an acquired taste, but I love the actress and have come to be very fond of the character.

I agree 100% -- it's rare to have a show with a female lead who is TOUGH and STRONG. Despite her flaws, she's a great role model and awesome to watch.

RoseColoredSkies
03-24-2010, 04:19 AM
Love IPS! Can't wait for next week! They sadly are diminishing Bobby D and Jynx's roles in season 3 which makes me sad. But I can't wait to see where things stand with mary and Raf and Brandi and Peter.

dgiharris
03-24-2010, 06:19 AM
Is it just me, or are TNT, AMC, TBS, etc. coming out with some kick ass series???

Burn Notice, White Collar, Breaking Bad, Raising the Bar, etc. etc.

i've been impressed with a lot of these cable shows, they are sorta HBO-esque, which is saying a lot.

Mel...

RoseColoredSkies
03-24-2010, 10:56 PM
They don't have to worry as much about ratings and such so they can do more fun stuff with the plots. Course, casting beautiful people doesn't hurt.

DagnyTaggart
03-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Seriously - Mary McCormack is gorgeous!

Did you guys see who is guesting on the season premiere? DONNIE WAHLBERG! Where are my fellow NKOTB fans?

Gugland
03-27-2010, 12:53 AM
Seriously - Mary McCormack is gorgeous!

Did you guys see who is guesting on the season premiere? DONNIE WAHLBERG! Where are my fellow NKOTB fans?

Oh, that's who Donnie Wahlberg is...I thought it sounded familiar.

Actually, I was kinda bummed when I saw the previews for the new season. Looks like they're going to have a lot more stunt casting. That's usually marks the beginning of the end of a good series.

What I liked about the series was the little stuff that made Mary "real." The fact that she drives a crappy old Ford Probe (I loved the "Chevy Speculum" joke) and the way she always says "oh man" when she's frustrated. It's HER personal phrase, but not some goofy hollywood catch phrase.

DagnyTaggart
03-31-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't think it's necessarily stunt casting - more like fresh blood?

I love when they bring on Mary's old West Wing buddies, which is why I particularly excited for Allison Janey. Plus she is on multiple episodes so they will really get to establish a relationship and storyline.

Regardless, hooray for premiere day! So glad tonight we finally get IPS back.

RoseColoredSkies
04-03-2010, 06:28 PM
So I want to know who Brandi's mystery caller is. Anyone think it might be their half sister from last season? Maybe? And how awesome was Marshall getting in the gang banger's face like that. Every day. I loved it!

DagnyTaggart
04-07-2010, 11:19 PM
How funny do the promos (http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEeYBefi20d3gk) for tonight's episode look? It's a flashback to when Mary and Marshall first met and started working together (and, IMO, the beginning of a future/possible romance).

Can't wait for this...

RoseColoredSkies
04-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Honestly, it's a familiar trope, as in I've seen it/will see it in at least 3 shows I watch this season alone. Bones, Medium and now IPS.

Gotta say though, Mary's hair...not attractive.

Namatu
04-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Gotta say though, Mary's hair...not attractive.I was thinking that exact same thing, along with "Marshall hasn't changed at all?" That's a little unfair, but then again, it kind of fits too. I'm so glad this show is back. It's reliably entertaining.

DagnyTaggart
04-09-2010, 11:06 PM
Yea Marshall has always been consistent and steady. While it would have been fun to see him different, I think it fits better with his character that he is similar and hasn't changed at all.

DagnyTaggart
04-15-2010, 12:01 AM
Good news -- USA has all the episodes up on their website if you want to get caught up before tonight's new one!

http://www.usanetwork.com/series/inplainsight/video/fullep/

Also, Rita Moreno is guest starring tonight as Rafe's aunt, this should be good. :)

rockurself
03-14-2012, 12:28 AM
I watch way too much TV.

Anyway, I tend to watch a lot of USA.

I thought I'd ask; if anyone watches In Plain Sight are you sad it's the last season?

Do you think they will do the show justice and do you want a Marshall to admit his feelings about Mary?

I'm terribly sad it's the last season. One of my favourite shows will be gone...

:(

MsJudy
03-14-2012, 03:07 AM
I know. And the Closer is ending, too.

I'm so sad...