Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisKelly331

Peter Steele <3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.christinakelly.webs.com
I received a rejection email this morning from a literary agency and I was thrilled that it wasn't from one particular publisher who has had my novel for 21 days now!!! (not that I'm counting or anything!) and I read the rejection then noticed the signature and breathed a sigh of relief. I don't know what I'll do when I get the email from the publisher, will I even open it??!! I want them to get back to me, but then I don't want. What it if its a rejection!

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
oh, i hear you. i totally hear you. i was supposed to have heard by now from the agent who has my full, and every day i wonder, should i nudge? oh, but the longer i don't hear from her, the longer i get to keep hope alive...

so i'm not nudging yet.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I know the feeling. Every time I get an email or snail mail envelope, my heart freezes up. I keep thinking the longer I wait to open it, the better the news is! Usually doesn't work!

scope

Commonsensical Maverick
Registered
Reaction score
The waiting is hell, no question. One question. Trying to land an agent while at the same time submitting to publishers may not be in your best interest. Consider that an interested agent will ask you if you have queried or shown your work to any publishers. Agents don't want the pool of publishers to who they can submit to watered down.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
I know how you feel. I got a rejection from this agent I really thought would be PERFECT.

Eventually I found one way better for my work. So if your dream agent doesn't happen, find a new dream agent!

Greenwolf103

I'm a grrrl dog, yo
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dmcwriter.tripod.com
I received a rejection email this morning from a literary agency and I was thrilled that it wasn't from one particular publisher who has had my novel for 21 days now!!! (not that I'm counting or anything!) and I read the rejection then noticed the signature and breathed a sigh of relief. I don't know what I'll do when I get the email from the publisher, will I even open it??!! I want them to get back to me, but then I don't want. What it if its a rejection!

If it's a rejection, you move on.

We all, ALL have that feeling. We want to know if it's been accepted, but then we don't want to know if it ends up being a rejection.

But you HAVE to open that email and that envelope eventually. You will never find out if you don't. And you DO want to find out, right? Delaying it isn't going to make things any better.

Just tell yourself that if it's a rejection, you'll find someone else to send it to.

It's that simple.

And on that note, a good many of us get rejected by someone who we thought was perfect for our work, too. It happens.

ChrisKelly331

Peter Steele <3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
The waiting is hell, no question. One question. Trying to land an agent while at the same time submitting to publishers may not be in your best interest. Consider that an interested agent will ask you if you have queried or shown your work to any publishers. Agents don't want the pool of publishers to who they can submit to watered down.

Ive actually stopped sending queries to Agents a while ago. I just didn't take into account that I still would get replies back 2-3 months later. This is my first time on the query circuit.

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
That trepidation hangs like a bad smell, lol! I've been waiting on the verdict from 3 publishers who are still considering the manuscript my agent sent them. Even when you have an agent, the anxiety doesn't go away. It gets worse. But I have a new book completed and in the revision stage with my agent, so that one will go out on submission next. That's the key, always have new work to send out, or new projects in the works. I hope you find an agent soon; they can make all the difference. Good luck!

Nateskate

Registered
Reaction score

I also hate rejection; but I got better at it. I wasn't much better at acceptance. If you get accepted that's great; but if you don't it's not the end of the world.

It's kind of like looking for a prom date. If one doesn't take you it doesn't mean nobody will. It's a matter of finding the right one at the right time. Hang onto hope.

ChrisKelly331

Peter Steele <3
Registered
Reaction score
Website
I also hate rejection; but I got better at it. I wasn't much better at acceptance. If you get accepted that's great; but if you don't it's not the end of the world.

It's kind of like looking for a prom date. If one doesn't take you it doesn't mean nobody will. It's a matter of finding the right one at the right time. Hang onto hope.

thanks! I always try to keep that in mind. Of course working on another book helps take the edge off a bit too :tongue

Status
Not open for further replies.