PDA

View Full Version : Do You Ever Wonder...

RunawayScribe
04-02-2009, 01:02 AM
...If Stephenie Meyer drops by this board and lurks, but is scared to death to post because of how much fun we all have bashing her saga?

I just got on here for the first time today, and wow. I'm pretty entertained, I have to say, but I can't help but imagining her seeing this...

AnonymousWriter
04-02-2009, 01:07 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if she was secretly lurking all the time as a regular member...

Adam
04-02-2009, 01:08 AM
Yup, could be any of us...

deserata
04-02-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm pretty sure AW isn't the only online community whose members bash her saga...by a long shot. She could take her pick.

Adam
04-02-2009, 01:35 AM
Ah, but how many have devoted a day to it? ;)

mscelina
04-02-2009, 01:39 AM
No, we have members who are bashing Meyers. Not AW as a whole. Actually, this is pretty good publicity for her I'd think. :)

Adam
04-02-2009, 01:41 AM
No, we have members who are bashing Meyers. Not AW as a whole. Actually, this is pretty good publicity for her I'd think. :)

I stand corrected. ;)

SWickham
04-02-2009, 01:43 AM
Yup, could be any of us...

Ha ha! I confess, it's me, I'm really Stephanie Myers in disguise....

I'm just kidding, please don't stake me.......

Jana K White
04-02-2009, 01:45 AM
I stand corrected. ;)

Not me, I still slouch.

Alitriona
04-02-2009, 01:48 AM
Plenty of people here who like...love...sleep with twilight collection under their twilight pillow, hugging their Edward hot water bottle. I'm team Edward myself.

Seriously, Opinions are varied and everyone has one. Most of the stuff today is meant in good spirit. Every writer works hard and loves their own story. My opinion is I respect her for getting so many people reading and writing. She seems such a lovely person. I suspect she's around here somewhere sometimes so I would hope she sees some of the good comments too.

Shweta
04-02-2009, 02:00 AM
Bash? :eek:

People are bashing? We must stop them.
The financial future of AW depends on it. Quick, everyone go comment on their posts with EDWAAAAARD!

Or possibly JACOOOOB!

Though ideally not RENESMEEEE! That would be a bit creepy.

MacAllister
04-02-2009, 02:29 AM
And, for the record, I have nothing but respect for Ms. Meyer, who has managed to catch the attention, imagination, and hold the interest of so very many fans of all different ages and backgrounds. I know it's a popular thing to slight that accomplishment, and write it all off to luck and slick marketing -- but quite frankly, I strongly believe that she's a writer who hooked into of one of those shared-truth places in the psyche of her fans, then held on to it with both hands. That's not simple luck, and it's not just slick marketing.

:)

Jersey Chick
04-02-2009, 02:51 AM
I have a confession to make -

I've never read anything by Stephenie Meyer.

Buuuut.... my avvie's Hugh Jackman. HUGH - for cryin' out loud. As a vampire hunter. It just kinda worked out that way... :D

scarletpeaches
04-02-2009, 06:07 AM

Further correction: we have members who are bashing her books.

I'd love it if she lurked here. She might learn a thing or two and I mean that; I really do. The collective membership here might teach her how to write, if she would only pay attention.