Newbie huddle!!!!!!!

Jana K White

Lost in space... and meaning
Registered
Reaction score
Illinois, but then again, I never know WHERE I am.
Website
thatwhichisnt.blogspot.com
OK, are we all in? Good! Close the door. You are probably wondering why I have gathered you all here in the AW supply closet. (Don't ask about the rubber chickens, I have no idea...) Anyway it appears that some of you are a bit disoriented here, possibly even a bit disillusioned about what real writers do in their spare time, and I have stepped into the breach to lift your flagging spirits. April Fools' Day is a good thing. No, really. It is!

Here's how this works. We are all new here. Some of us shy, and most of us are mortified by the very thought that we might post a reply or start a thread that makes us look like spaz-tastic nerds who don't know a pencil from a pipe cleaner. Yet we all want desperately to show our individual talents, to showcase our voice in a way that captivates others. We all want our own personal avatar, dammit!

So here's what you do... post. Post, post, post. With all the rampant silliness going on, ala Twilight, you can say just about anything and it doesn't even have to be witty...or legible. See? This is a fabulous opportunity to get to that elusive 50 posts mark. Now get out there and make Edward proud!!!!!!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Psst, you won't get 50 posts by posting in Twilight Party ;)

We do have a lovely 'cantina' in the SFF genre forum that's great for wild silly. Along with the silly threads in Writing Twilight Novels and whatever they are calling the sub-forums now ;)

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Ooooh, this one is definitely going to fit right in, though. :)

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
C'mere, Jana. Take my hand. See those guys over there? Spaz-tastic nerds. And over there? More of the same. And up there, hanging from the rafters. They're brachiating to the politics forum, don't mind them, except if they hang still and start grunting. We have umbrellas for that. And don't look at me like that, either. Just a few more posts and you'll look just like us. You'll get used to it. Now, hit that Reply to Thread button. It comes with a free pocket protector and, depending on your age, a full-function calculator or a slide rule.

Oh, yeah. I almost forgot the most important thing. What was your blood type again?

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Note how AWers with 5,000 plus post counts just can't stay out of threads, even ones that are clearly for newbies. Neither can I, you say? Perhaps.

Actually, I totally want to see a newbie post frantically here in ______ Party and then wonder why the heck his post count didn't go up. That'd be fun, that would.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Particularly since I just reset the posts in here to count.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
perennial newbie here.
can i post in this thread?

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
you can say just about anything and it doesn't even have to be witty...or legible.

I try to avoid both whenever possible! Welcome, sneaky noob!

ETA: whoa! OP posts do count! o_O my tiny world is thrown into disarray!

*swoons*

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OP/TP posts count? I thought Mac was joking, since it's April Fool's Day.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
just this thread.

she's a softie,.....

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We don't have to be witty or legible? You mean all this time I've been straining my brain for nothing. Sheesh. Leave it to the newbies to come up with that vital bit of lost info

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
7k, HERE I COME!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:e2bear:

This rocks. But I have to get back to studying :( Dire.

Jana K White

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Psst, you won't get 50 posts by posting in Twilight Party ;)

We do have a lovely 'cantina' in the SFF genre forum that's great for wild silly. Along with the silly threads in Writing Twilight Novels and whatever they are calling the sub-forums now ;)

Thanks for the heads up! I thought as much, those mods can be quite wily at times, and so I have posted hither and yon on the forums to up my count. Well, more hither than yon, really. Yon is a bit dark, and smells of old cheese. Not that I have anything against old cheese....

Jana K White

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Oh, yeah. I almost forgot the most important thing. What was your blood type again?

Woot! A private tour! I'm all in, baby! And I am proudly O negative, no iron deficiency here! I take my vitamins every day!!!!! (Sorry 'bout the sweaty palms. Told ya' before I was a bit shy....people being nice to me makes me nervous.)

Jana K White

Registered
Reaction score
Website
I like turtles.

The angst-ridden, mutated, martial artist kind, or the cute "I live where I want to, gosh darn it!" kind? Me, I like 'em both. I particularly like the original black and white underground comic version of the former kind.