PDA

View Full Version : Stephenie Meyer v. Stephen King

Good Word
04-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Who is a better writer? Tell us why.

James D. Macdonald
04-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Stephenie, of course!

King didn't have one single sparkle-vampire in any of his books. And look how he tried to grab some of her fame by copying her first name!

katiemac
04-01-2009, 06:21 PM
MEYER!!!!

SHE GAVE US EDWARD!!!!! He's so hawt and I wish he waz real cuz then we'd be 2gether 4eva.

Haggis
04-01-2009, 06:24 PM
King is so yesterday. Meyer is so today. Case closed. Lock thread.

Vincent
04-01-2009, 06:24 PM
It's true. King had decades to invent the sparkly vampire genre, and what did he do? Stuck to dark towers, and scary clowns, and non-sparkly vampires.

clockwork
04-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Meyer - no contest. It rhymes with Michael Myers who's badass.

King just rambles on and on with complex language that doesn't say anything. I need the muttereds and stammereds and yelleds. It's just more better english, duh!

ChrisKelly331
04-01-2009, 06:28 PM
yea totally steph she like is so much better never mind the fact nothing she has written or ever will write could produce a movie the caliber of stand by me . . . but she brought us Rpatz.....RPATZ people. and that is a true gift from the lord

Sophia
04-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I think this thread is an excellent way of identifying those King spies who want to undermine the fantastic community we have built up here at Absolute Bite. The truth SPARKLES and it hurts your EYES, doesn't it, you malcontents?

Haggis
04-01-2009, 06:38 PM
I think this thread is an excellent way of identifying those King spies who want to undermine the fantastic community we have built up here at Absolute Bite. The truth SPARKLES and it hurts your EYES, doesn't it, you malcontents?

The Sparkle Squad is taking names.

Clair Dickson
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Books with plots are hard to read.

James D. Macdonald
04-01-2009, 07:09 PM
And how 'bout that Vampire Baseball (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136814), eh? When did King come up with anything half as creative?

Good Word
04-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Eeeeeeeeeeeedward!

scarletpeaches
04-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Meyer - no contest. It rhymes with Michael Myers who's badass.

King just rambles on and on with complex language that doesn't say anything. I need the muttereds and stammereds and yelleds. It's just more better english, duh!

And sounds a bit like Jonathan Rhys Meyers, who's like, totes hot, boo!

RJK
04-01-2009, 08:58 PM
OMG I swear it was an accident. My arthritic hand was shaking when I clicked. I meant to vote for Stephanie, but I slipped, Please don't report me. Stephen is old trash, he is history. Sparkles are in. Long live, err, exist, ah... be, you know Edward.

Medievalist
04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
I have decided in honor of My Beloved Edward to take Karrie and re-write it with Edward playing Karrie, because

When fictional characters become such an intricate part of the popular psyche, as is the case with the Twilight Saga, legal boundaries become blurred, and copyright laws become increasingly difficult to define. This is especially the case when actual cities like Forks and Volterra are used as the novel's settings. Such settings are not copyrightable, as they are considered public domain.
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136015

And I think I will add a sex scene with the Celtic Goddesss Morrreekan the Goddess of the Cat People.

Cranky
04-01-2009, 09:12 PM
I have decided in honor of My Beloved Edward to take Karrie and re-write it with Edward playing Karrie, because

And I think I will add a sex scene with the Celtic Goddesss Morrreekan the Goddess of the Cat People.

OMG, liek thatz teh kewlest ideaz EVAR!!!eleventy111!!!

Jana K White
04-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Hmmm, in all Stephen's cameos in his movies, did he ever get served a salad??? Hmmmm?!?!?! No. and why not? Because he doesn't love and respect human life the was Stephenie does. Eat yer veggies!!!!! It just might save a life!!!!!!!

jeseymour
04-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Who's Stephanie Meyer?

kristin724
04-02-2009, 03:59 AM
Don't really care for either one, but King seems the lesser of two evils. Why wasn't there an 'other' choice?

Chase
04-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Who's Stephanie Meyer?

Absolutely. I read some of what's-her-name's trite storylines written with such mediocrity that the book slipped from my fingers to eventually be kicked to the curb.

King is king.