PDA

View Full Version : What's with all the stupid Vampires (cause furry is better than dead)!

Zipotes
04-01-2009, 04:41 PM
What the hell's going on around here with all the Twilight crap? I started to think I was going insane and seeing things. There's Twilight everywhere.

scarletpeaches
04-01-2009, 04:43 PM
ACTUALLY Mac read the saga and is a total convert. As her minions, we go along with it.

Ol' Fashioned Girl
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
We needed the money... this joint doesn't pay for itself, y'know.

Zipotes
04-01-2009, 04:46 PM
ACTUALLY Mac read the saga and is a total convert. As her minions, we go along with it.

Guess it had to happen sooner or later.

Williebee
04-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Bubastes, future reference? The correct response is:

"huh? what? I'm not seeing that. Maybe your computer has been sparkled. Sucks to be you. Go away We don't want to know you anymore."

:)

Bubastes
04-01-2009, 04:49 PM
AW wasn't raising enough money through the AW auctions and donations, so Mac decided to partner with Stephenie Meyer to pay for the server fees.

Jersey Chick
04-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Ooh... sparkles! Pretty.

Zipotes
04-01-2009, 05:05 PM
OK, I've jumped on the band wagon. Don't you LOVE my siggy ;)

Soccer Mom
04-01-2009, 05:11 PM
NO. Your siggy would look better with JACOB on it.

rhymegirl
04-01-2009, 05:13 PM
I didn't even notice anything about Twilight. :Shrug:

scottishpunk
04-01-2009, 05:14 PM
I understand doing advertising on the AW forums, but there has to be a less obtrusive and less annoying way to do it than to stick the word "Twilight" into every random forum title. It's as if the word "Twilight" has been made a slang term for books or stories in general. "I'm working on a Twilight about cowboys, but I just finished reading a Twilight about economic reform in Russia. Does anyone know where I can find a Twilight full of Twilights about Twilight writers?"

Seriously, it's confusing...

Zipotes
04-01-2009, 05:16 PM
NO. Your siggy would look better with JACOB on it.

Ewe, traitor!

BlueLucario
04-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Isn't Meyer a member of this forum?

Otherwise there wouldn't be twilight ads.
Even those AW Amazon ads. Those were where the AW members sell his or her books right?

Old Hack
04-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Heh, I blogged about this one today. I think it's a brilliant marketing opportunity for AW--sorry, AB--and hope that it raises a bundle of cash for Mac. I hear she needs a new pair of Birkenstocks, or whatever those sandally things are that I'm told she wears.

Bubastes
04-01-2009, 05:19 PM

Even those AW Amazon ads.

AW members can buy ad space on AW. It looks like Meyer paid extra, though.

Jersey Chick
04-01-2009, 05:20 PM
I think the mods' shock collars need replacing as well.

Bubastes
04-01-2009, 05:22 PM
The mods also need new jackboots.

Jersey Chick
04-01-2009, 05:23 PM
The old ones are soooooo 2008

Zipotes
04-01-2009, 05:31 PM
OK, someone has abused their powers and made my thread title pro-wolf. Hmmmm.... I wonder

Cranky
04-01-2009, 05:33 PM
OK, someone has abused their powers and made my thread title pro-wolf. Hmmmm.... I wonder

Yeah? And? Gotta problem with that, sweetcheeks?

WERES RULZ -- TEAM JACOB FUR-EVER!!

scottishpunk
04-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I agree. Werewolves are cooler than vampires.

As my good buddy Tim told me years ago after watching Underworld, "I'd rather be a werewolf, because vampires are jerks."

CaseyMcG
04-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Bout time we jumped on that bandwagon!!!>_< LMAO! OMGWTFBBQ! Still a new kid so no avi but I'm repping the 'light the best I can!!!:P
The'Light4Life! *YAY TEAM EDWARD!!!!*

Actually, I'm thinking about coming up with an entire dictionary of Twilight terms!!!!! Only got two entrees so far but I like totally see this catching on...

Twi-gasm-what happens at the midnight release parties
Twi-mergency-what happens when stores run out of the book/movie

!!!!

Cathy C
04-01-2009, 07:18 PM
I think the mods' shock collars need replacing as well.

Shhh... :Ssh:

Shara
04-01-2009, 07:23 PM
It's April Fool's Day, folks.

I think we've all been had. Yeah, I got wound up about it too, until I worked out what it was all about!

Shara

Shail
04-01-2009, 07:25 PM
I agree. Werewolves are cooler than vampires.

As my good buddy Tim told me years ago after watching Underworld, "I'd rather be a werewolf, because vampires are jerks."

What about half and halves-er-half and halfs? Something like that. What do you call it when a vamp bites a were or the other way around. A Vam-wolf, or a Were-pire? And what happens to the kids if Vamps and Weres procreate for some unknown reason.

scarletpeaches
04-01-2009, 07:36 PM

Even those AW Amazon ads. Those were where the AW members sell his or her books right?

I so want smeyer to see all this.

I mean...I'd surrender all claim to Jared Leto to thethinker42 if smeyer could just see all this.

Judg
04-01-2009, 07:49 PM
It's April Fool's Day, folks.

I think we've all been had. Yeah, I got wound up about it too, until I worked out what it was all about!

Shara
:ROFL:

Sorry. I've been laughing for 10 minutes straight. This stuff is hilarious, especially when people take it seriously.

Shail
04-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Oh? I thought this was some financial deal to keep the forum open. If that's true, I submit to the sparkles, but refuse to watch the movie. If it's a joke, I openly admit that I've been had, and I'll laugh--tomorrow.

Exir
04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Don't you just LOVE what AW is doing for me?

Shail
04-01-2009, 08:05 PM
I suppose so. Even if this is a joke, there's still lots of publicity. Nice. I just hope word of mouth works as well for me someday.

Shara
04-01-2009, 10:27 PM
It did take me a while to work out there was a big joke going on, I admit. I sort of stuff Stephenie Meyer in the same boat as JK Rowling, and there's plenty of people who take her stuff seriously. So I did think, maybe there were some real Meyer fans around.

So, OK, I have to admit to being an April Fool. But it's well known I have no sense of humour. I did get the joke eventually!

Shara

Cyia
04-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Twi-gasm-what happens at the midnight release parties

Sorry, but you need to brush up on your terminology. Any *real* Twi-fanpire knows that "those" are called "unicorns" and that the kitchen is a subtle metaphor for sex.

(so it is fanficced, so it shall be...)

:D

JeanneTGC
04-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Vampires drool, Werewolves rule!

Cyia
04-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Vampires drool, Werewolves rule!

Slobberin' fleabags.

Cathy C
04-02-2009, 12:11 AM
I'd just like to state, for the record, that I have nothing but the greatest respect for Stephanie Meyer. She tapped into a market that I could only wish I knew existed. But the first book is very well written (IMO) and what's been done here at AW is merely tapping into/poking gentle fun at the rabid market for the books, not commenting on the quality of the writing. :)

mscelina
04-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Absolutely--pardon the pun. Besides, as I've said before, any writer who can drag teenagers from their Wiis and get them back into reading for pleasure is doing us all a favor.

Kaylee
04-02-2009, 03:27 AM
Ah if she's sexy she'll be a vampy-wolf. If he's sexy he'll be mine.

Life is what happens, while you're busy making other plans. --- John Lennon

scarletpeaches
04-02-2009, 05:33 AM
I'd just like to state, for the record, that I have nothing but the greatest respect for Stephanie Meyer. She tapped into a market that I could only wish I knew existed. But the first book is very well written (IMO) and what's been done here at AW is merely tapping into/poking gentle fun at the rabid market for the books, not commenting on the quality of the writing. :)

Even commenting on the writing is acceptable in my book (snerk). The author is not the book. Once a novel's out there, people have the right to an opinion on it.

Everyone knows mine so there's no point in re-stating it here but saying you love or hate Twilight is not the same as loving or hating smeyer.