PDA

View Full Version : Kings

scottishpunk
03-31-2009, 11:58 PM
Has anyone seen the show "Kings" on NBC? It's a fascinating reimagining of the story of David from the Bible. I've only seen the first episode, but it seems like they have a lot of material to work with. The original story is full of political intrigue, twists and turns, double-crossings, flawed heroes and dastardly villians. I think it's perfect material for an A+ TV drama.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen it. If so, what are your thoughts?

childeroland
04-01-2009, 12:02 AM
It's superb, which probably means NBC will cancel it soon.

dragonjax
04-01-2009, 04:12 AM

Ack. I hope you're mistaken, because I love this show.

childeroland
04-01-2009, 04:38 AM
Me too, but its ratings aren't helping it.

scottishpunk
04-01-2009, 06:07 AM
Why is it that well-written shows always get cancelled? Firefly, Arrested Development...

Grumble Grumble...

shawkins
04-01-2009, 05:35 PM
I too am loving it. Well, liking it a lot.

FYI, if anyone hasn't seen it and is interested, you can watch full episodes on nbc.com.

scottishpunk
04-01-2009, 05:57 PM
I too am loving it. Well, liking it a lot.

FYI, if anyone hasn't seen it and is interested, you can watch full episodes on nbc.com.

You can also get them on www.hulu.com (http://www.hulu.com) which, actually, is where I watch most of my TV...

mdin
04-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Just read the show is officially dead. They'll air the remaining episodes a little later in the summer, but it's gone.

scottishpunk
04-23-2009, 04:03 PM
:( This news saddens me.

scope
04-23-2009, 08:50 PM
I'm a huge Ian McShane fan. I think he's a great, intriguing, versatile, and underrated actor. The rest of the cast--where did they find these people?

That said, I dislike Kings--except for watching McShane play his role. I think the story line is confusing to most viewers, incomplete in many ways to all, and just wanders about aimlessly--starting to make a point that almost immediately gets blunted and/or confusing. What a shame for McShane!

dragonjax
04-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Damn it! I just found out that the show had been moved to Saturdays, so I missed the last two eps...and now it's canceled??? Crap.

dclary
04-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Surely you're thinking of Fox.

dragonjax
04-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Surely you're thinking of Fox.

Seems to be the theme of television lately. Grrrr.

shawkins
04-28-2009, 05:50 PM
They had 10 episodes already filmed before the season opened. Five have been aired and are available on the NBC web site. The remaining 5 will be aired in June.

It's a shame. I liked this show, with the exception of the Rosencrantz & Guildensternesque palace guards.

dragonjax
04-28-2009, 06:03 PM
I liked this show, with the exception of the Rosencrantz & Guildensternesque palace guards.

Actually, I really liked the guards because of the R&G-ness. Got to have the Shakespearean humor in there, whether it's from grave diggers or from actors or, in this case, from palace guards.