Genius food idea (with possibly use of chocolate weaponry)

Reaction score
After much consultation with my...er...consultant, Adzmodeus (who came up with the idea of freezing Chocolate Oranges and using them as cannonballs come the revolution until he realised the enemy might eat the ammo) I have realised the following:
  • Bacon is the food of the gods.
  • Pies are great.
What the world needs now (as well as love, sweet love) is...a bacon pie!

Yes - two main food groups in one delicious bite!

I've still to work out the pastry details, but I'm thinking puff.

I'm open to discussion on sidelines such as The Sweetcorn Question and The Great Pea Debate.

Please consult with my consultant for the ironing out of minor details. If you need me, I'll be guarding my fridge from Papal Wispa thieves. (It all made sense ten minutes ago).

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Sp dear, have we been hitting the migraine meds again?

ETA: I hope you brought enough for everyone.

Last edited:

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Puff pastry is a definite. The lightness should pleasantly contrast the bacon.

With regard to the papal choco-thieves, I have rigged the beginnings of a sophisticated, yet cheap listening device to the back of my fridge. As soon as I find some string to connect it up, I'll be able to hear em steal my sugar!

The video camera made of a long straw and some mirrors failed spectacularly, leaving me with 42 years back luck.

Last edited:

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
I used to be a baker, and by FAR our most popular sell was *drum roll* bacon and cheese wrapped in puff pastry. Hot, of course. NOt that it required much in the way of actual baking lol.

But I prefer the good old bacon and egg sandwich. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, but were they the size of dinner plates? What was the bacon to cheese ratio? Could they be used to fend off an angry pope? We need details!

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Saucers could still be effective, though the lack of bacon is disturbing.

Don't forget the Dwarven Bread of the Discworld. ;) Shall have to look into exporting some.

Reaction score
Bonsoir, Lord Adzmodeus! How goes it with enlisting the army of flying monkeys to protect the bacon, for if we fail the kingdom shall fall this very night?

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Slowly. I got the monkeys from a research lab so I'm having to constantly dish out nicotine patches to stop them from biting my face.
Also, they're REALLY not happy about the wings. Soon as I go near with a needle and thread, they run in the other direction.

Reaction score
Sheesh. Quick, force the females to mate with a pterodactyl. Do I have to explain everything?

And hurry up - the Pope might steal your bacon roll otherwise!

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Tried that, turns out pterodactyls aren't attracted to monkeys, and the Barry White disc is broken. :(

The pope doesn't stand a chance against my dwarven bread!

Sweetleaf

Momentary lapse of reason
Registered
Reaction score
At last, OFFICIALLY in the middle of nowhere. But
I grew up on bacon & egg pie - yumm.

America seems to have a serious deficiency of meat pies. Butter chicken pie is another goodie - us kiwis will put anything in a pie. Except eels, maybe. Eel pie's an english thing.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here it is, Scarlet -- Shepherd's Pie, but with bacon as the meat.

But...if you really like the taste of bacon, try my (hijacked) version of homemade refried beans.

Basically, just soak pinto beans overnight and drain, then boil them until they are soft and the skins slip off. In the meantime, cook up a batch of bacon (pound of bacon to large bag of beans--cook the bacon crisp). SAVE THE BACON GREASE! With the beans hot and cooked, drain and mash with a potato masher. Add a half-brick of Monterey Jack cheese (cubed so it melts into the beans) and mash so its mixed well. Salt to taste. Break the bacon into little pieces and add to the beans/cheese and mash some more. Now the key. In a large skillet, fry the bean mixture in the bacon grease. It'll appear like there is too much grease, but the beans will soak it up quickly. Bacon pieces, bacon grease, refries are never so bacon-licious. And you can get several days worth of meals from it.

Last edited:

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
Why, I just had Quiche Lorraine the other night. Does that qualify? Cheese, bacon, eggs, cream and Pillsbury crust. Yum. I had the rest of it for lunch today!

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
I'm Irish, so on St. Patricks day I make bacon and cabbage. Not sliced either, slab o' bacon for me. I also like BLTs without the lettuce or tomato. Lots of mayo though. Once again I'm Irish so I'll take any opportunity to eat mayonnaise.

Did I mention I'm Irish?like colin farrell.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I missed it, but they had chocolate-covered bacon at the Minnesota State Fair last year.

On a stick, even! It ain't official "State Fair" food if it ain't on a stick!