Saving protected DVDs?

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I am not a pirate, okay?

I have a workout DVD collection that my husband and I use, and since our 'gym' is in the garage (which has no TV or DVD player) (yet, lol), we play them on my laptop. I thought I could use my Sonic software to save the DVDs to my hard drive, so I wouldn't have to pull out the actual discs, but nooo...they're copy-protected. Which I respect.

BUT

I'd still like to be able to save them on my computer. Is there any way to do that, without downloading some skeevy pirating software?

I have Sonic, Windows Media Player, and InterVideo DVD.

jeffo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ober.org
PIRATE! ;)

First thing, have you looked at how large the files are? Typically DVDs are rather large and take up lots of hard drive space.

But as for moving the DVD to hard drive, if it's a relatively new DVD, the protection is going to be good enough that you will need some pirate software to get it there.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
That's what I thought. I don't care to download any Steal This! software. I wish I could just keep a re-playable 'memory' on my 'puter.

ShowerInspiration

Registered
Reaction score
Well, jeffo, sorry to kinda disagree here, but if you rip a DVD to your computer the file size wont be more than the original 4.7gb of space on the original DVD, if anything it will be less because in ripping you reduce the quality of the video and sound. But like Jeffo said if the DVDs are relatively new then you might have to use underground software in order to bypass copyright protection. Pm me if you need help.