PDA

View Full Version : Where do all the fun writers hang out these days?

Nateskate
03-31-2009, 04:28 AM
Hi everyone. I'm not a regular in the AW roundtable. In fact I don't think I've ever posted here by intention. I've noticed that a number of my threads have been moved here, which just made it harder for me to keep track of my own threads.

When I came to AW, the big swmming pool was "Writing Novels". Everyone that was anyone would go there and hang out. Back in the day as long as the topic was somehow related to writing the threads were okay there. Now it seems there are so many sub-headings that I'm not sure I know how to navigate this place anymore.

Things have changed, and I'm getting a little disoriented. Is this where people hang out?

TheRightEyedDeer
03-31-2009, 04:32 AM
Afraid I can't help you, Nateskate. I'm lost. :)

Calla Lily
03-31-2009, 05:11 AM
*cough* Purgatory *cough*

bsolah
03-31-2009, 05:25 AM
I think members hang around in a variety of areas. The Roundtable is a place to discuss writing related things, less so actual writing techniques and process. That's how I see it.

Explore different places. All of the sub-forums have a certain value to them.

C.bronco
03-31-2009, 05:44 AM
The Bologna and Cream Cheese Burrito Cantina has a lot of fun shenanigans. We talk about writing once in awhile, but other times not so much.
:D

Diana Hignutt
03-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Um, we can't tell you... then we'd all have to go somewhere else.

No, seriously, I know what you mean. When I first got here, which was like two boards ago, I only hung out in the big PA thread. Then I found the Novels board. Then I started venturing about in the genre forums, and then off to P&CE (where I still spend too much time).

kct webber
03-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Well, wherever I hang out, of course. Because I'm the coolest person here. But I'm not telling you where I hang out. Because I'm obviously loads cooler than you. :tongue

No really, I don't know how to help you. I don't know who you think is cool. The best advice I can give is the same as a couple others have already given. Explore. :)

Ol' Fashioned Girl
03-31-2009, 04:21 PM
Office Party. ;) Where else?

Maryn
03-31-2009, 04:48 PM
I tend to post mostly in Office Party and hang out wherever I see new threads, or threads with new posts, of interest. I read a whole lot more than I post, in the writing topics.

Nate, don't forget to subscribe to your own threads (or others) so you can click on User CP (upper left of each screen) and see if you have any subscribed threads with new posts since you last logged on.

Maryn, helpful-ish

Saskatoonistan
03-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Writers are not fun.

We are cranky, curmudgeonly, conspiracy-minded and we avoid sunlight at all costs. We are prone to bouts of self-doubt, self-pity, self-aggrandizement and self-serve. We have a soft spot for decent hard liquor and wine that doesn't come with a plastic cork or screw-off cap. We shop at Wal-Mart, mostly to observe other humanoids as they scurry about with brats in tow. We think stirrup pants are tacky. We never back comb our hair because we are either too bald or too apathetic on the best of days.

Wayne K
03-31-2009, 05:07 PM
It depends on what you consider cool. There are people in SYW who take time out of their lives to help people become better writers: that's pretty cool. If you mean goofing around cool, Office Party is a good choice

Matera the Mad
03-31-2009, 05:48 PM
In my skin. But whose definition of fun...

stormie
03-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Hi Nate!

Office Party. But the problem there is that you don't get points for posting. My count would match the U.S deficit if we did get points.

Nateskate
03-31-2009, 06:44 PM

Starting to feel that way....

Susie
03-31-2009, 07:16 PM
*Raises hand frantically* I'm one of the fun ones, Nate. :D I hang out w. stormie in OP. We have lots o' :Cake: :popcorn: & pcs. Come drop by pcs. (The house of peace, calm and serenity) in OP.

stormie
03-31-2009, 09:15 PM
Actually, I follow Susie around the boards. She's upbeat and fun and makes those stormy clouds disappear. :Sun:

Maryn
04-01-2009, 12:23 AM
I follow Susie a fair amount myself. She does drop a lot of chocolate, you know.

Maryn, practical

Wayne K
04-01-2009, 01:28 AM
*Raises hand frantically* I'm one of the fun ones, Nate. :D I hang out w. stormie in OP. We have lots o' :Cake: :popcorn: & pcs. Come drop by pcs. (The house of peace, calm and serenity) in OP.

Sorry suse, but anything that has serenity will inevitably ask me to leave.

Nateskate
04-01-2009, 01:56 AM

With Susie and Stormie both suggesting house of peace, I'll definitely have to check it out!

Sirion
04-01-2009, 04:15 AM
Um, we can't tell you... then we'd all have to go somewhere else.

This. :)

(Kidding. Much love.)

benbradley
04-01-2009, 04:45 AM

Hi everyone. I'm not a regular in the AW roundtable. In fact I don't think I've ever posted here by intention. I've noticed that a number of my threads have been moved here, which just made it harder for me to keep track of my own threads.

When I came to AW, the big swmming pool was "Writing Novels". Everyone that was anyone would go there and hang out. Back in the day as long as the topic was somehow related to writing the threads were okay there. Now it seems there are so many sub-headings that I'm not sure I know how to navigate this place anymore.

Things have changed, and I'm getting a little disoriented. Is this where people hang out?
I suppose it's big enough now that out of the thousands of us there's one or two "fun writers" in most of the more-used forums. ;)

When was it, maybe a year ago Jenna had us all welcome our 20,000th member, but now I see here there are only 15,604 members. Apparently there's been a clearing out of those who hadn't logged in in a while. Maybe clearing oldies is part of the Monday Night Withdrawal Maintenance thing.

I follow Susie a fair amount myself. She does drop a lot of chocolate, you know.

Maryn, practical
That sounds like some of the braggin' I heard in those 12-step meetings: "I've dropped more chocolate than you've eaten!" :D

Susie
04-01-2009, 05:07 AM
With Susie and Stormie both suggesting house of peace, I'll definitely have to check it out!

Sorry suse, but anything that has serenity will inevitably ask me to leave.

Maryn, practical

Actually, I follow Susie around the boards. She's upbeat and fun and makes those stormy clouds disappear. :Sun:

Aww, you guys are so nice. Here's :Cake: & :popcorn: for all of you and come visit anytime in pcs. You're all permanent residents! ((((((HUGS))) & Ohmmmmmmms.

Matera the Mad
04-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Wups, watch out for falling chocolate! :D

Judg
04-01-2009, 07:35 AM
I alternate between the User CP for my subscribed threads and New Posts to see what's new and hot, with an occasional diversion into forums that cater to my own particular obsessions. And I am definitely cool. And fun. Ask anybody.

Nateskate
04-03-2009, 09:41 PM
I alternate between the User CP for my subscribed threads and New Posts to see what's new and hot, with an occasional diversion into forums that cater to my own particular obsessions. And I am definitely cool. And fun. Ask anybody.

You definitely seem cool and fun. Lol, you'll have everyone in Myspace checking out your threads which really isn't a bad thing.

Judg
04-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Thank you. Thank you very much. *bows*

Nateskate
04-08-2009, 08:28 PM
Thank you. Thank you very much. *bows*

Smiles.