Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I can't find something good for my mac - safari suffices because I'm lazy.

I've used FF on my PC for more than a handful of years (6?8?) Love it, but after a few tweaks, never did much to it again besides updates.

IE is an infected pile of crap.

mdin

The late, the great XThe NavigatorX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattdinniman.com
As soon as Chrome allows me to install all the neat-o add-ons firefox allows me to use, I'll be all over it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just started using it today. So far so good :)

BlackBriar

Bricoleur
Registered
Reaction score
As soon as Chrome allows me to install all the neat-o add-ons firefox allows me to use, I'll be all over it.

Trust me. I use to be a Firefox extension junkie too. Seriously, just like most addictions, it is bad for you. Chrome is lighter (at least it feels so), and my main firefox extension tab mix plus doesn't even work in the latest firefox. Without the FF is useless. Give chrome a try, and you will find it hard to go back (unless you are a web dev). No exts for that.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just got around to Firefox. Now I have to switch??? Ugh...
Remember, it's not just your browser, but your combination of browser, the security settings you've selected, and the security software you use.

Someone's own actions make a different as well in protecting their system.

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Calling all developers! Their javascript library looks devastatingly powerful, as I've posted about before. Behold!

*patiently waiting for Mac edition of Chrome...or Chrome OS as promised?*

Dario D.

Nice. But Firefox with addons still pwns all. (by itself, it's just another browser, but when you throw addons into the mix...)

Actually, I'm not sure if it pwns more than the title of that contest:
The Pwn2Own contest

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
There's also the notion that the Haxz0rs haven't gotten around to Chrome yet. It's just too new to undergo that sort of test. The code for the others has been around a bit.

TabithaTodd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
wwwtabithatodd.wordpress.com
I'm a techie - my bachelors is in hyper multi media design and IT

I've used IE - piece of crap
Firefox - after the last update, it crapped out on me - they've gone down hill and gotten lazy, older versions are still good.
Opera - you like compact and quick - this one is for you
Chrome - my favie so far, love love love it. Only problem is downloading stuff is a pain in the butt because I find the browser downloads much differently than the others and it can get a touch confusing. I don't like the way it bookmarks I want to be able to one click for bookmarks not several (they need to change that, I don't do keyboard shortcuts with this stupid keyboard because half the time the blue tooth goes bonkers).

As for hacking, I find it very secure. I haven't had a problem since I moved over to Chrome a little while ago (about 4 or 5 months now). It's quick, it's efficient and it's top notch. It does need a little more flexibility in the add ons and what not but that comes with time. Firefox didn't start out with all those add ons in the beginning either.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I spent one week using Chrome and got so irritated with it I changed back to Firefox (build 3.0.11), so it isn't for everyone. I'll give it another go if Firefox goes funny on me, but it is solid enough for my needs at the moment.

Marcus

sept 5th and I'm Out
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i was a firefox junky too and with TT's comment, mine when tango-uniform with the last patch so i tried crome.....

CROME is FTW! I have never had such a great experience with a program as this one, it could use some definate tweeks, but the fact that its practically bullet proof as a solid running platform makes it my choice!

Dario D.

Many of the Chrome supporters seem to be oblivious about Firefox addons, which are 100x more vast in quantity than any other browser at the moment. How can you rate a modern browser on the way it comes fresh out of the box, with only the bare-bones abilities? It's like saying, "This Swiss Army Knife is better, but it doesn't have anything in it yet, but the default knife." So, how do you know it's better?

I respect the opinions of Chrome supporters; I'm just not entirely certain they understand the full power of the addons they can get with Firefox. (and no other)

Last edited:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I first tried Chrome when it was Beta. Hated it. Seemed so foreign to what I was familiar with. But I gave the real version a shot and I love it. I like how it gives you a little snapshot of your nine most visited locations.
Many of the Chrome supporters seem to be oblivious about Firefox addons, which are 100x more vast than any other browser at the moment. How can you rate a browser on the way it comes fresh out of the box? It's like saying, "This Swiss Army Knife is better, but it doesn't have anything in it yet."

Haven't found an addon I need. I tried several years ago and ended up disabling each and every one.

What you're saying is, "the swiss army knife is nice, but it needs a tassle and a pair of fuzzy dice on it."

Last edited:

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
Many of the Chrome supporters seem to be oblivious about Firefox addons, which are 100x more vast than any other browser at the moment. How can you rate a browser on the way it comes fresh out of the box? It's like saying, "This Swiss Army Knife is better, but it doesn't have anything in it yet."

That doesn't seem to make much sense.

How about trying it this way: Compare Chrome to Firefox, both "out of the box."

The fun thing is, if you do that, you'll get a stack of opinions based on the user experience and influenced by everything that surrounds that experience. :)

These days I'm seeing one FF crash after another, across dozens of machines. I'm working to try and decide if it is a specific plug in, or just the last update.

TabithaTodd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
wwwtabithatodd.wordpress.com
It was an update that did it for me. FireFox went fubar after an update about 4\5 months ago and kept not only crashing but bogging my system.

I'm sorry, even older tech like dual core athlon chipsets shouldn't be running at 80% resources while a browser is the only program running with the other system resources and bogging it all down for 20 minutes at a time and then finally stop responding and force me to reset my system. Just doesn't work for me. I had to finally redo the whole shebang and ended up getting Chrome instead of firefox.