PDA

View Full Version : Emoticons (continued from newbies)

WriteRead
06-06-2005, 08:31 AM
so as not to tire all the others, there.

I'm reall pissed off by the fact that I cannot open the rest of the smilies in the smilies at the top of the message box and I cannot add from the bottom, too.

My Status Bar says that the WYSIWYG is enhanced, as I enabled it in my profile.

Pop-up blocker's off, so what's the deal here?

Dan

CaoPaux
06-07-2005, 02:48 AM
Hmm, you say you're in the "enhanced" reply mode, so... well, here's one of those "is it plugged in" questions: Could the smilie window be appearing behind your current one? That is, have you checked your task bar after you've tried to summon it, to make sure it isn't hiding? :Shrug:

CaoPaux
06-07-2005, 03:00 AM
Also, make sure the "Disable smilies in text" option is not checked (under your reply box, below the Submit and Preview buttons).

WriteRead
06-07-2005, 04:32 AM
Nope, not in the task bar.

I had also unchecked the Window Firewall, as I have it, and still didn't work.
I can add exceptions to it, but the feature doesn't have any "link personality" to add to the list of exceptions for the firewall, but even if I added it, it wouldn't do any, b/c it didn't open when I disabled the firewall.

Strange, really.

Dan

CaoPaux
06-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Do smilies work for you at all? That is, have you tried typing the code for them, like : ) [with no space] for :)? If they do work for you, I'd be happy to send you a print-screen of the list. I've found it easy to memorize most of them. :D

WriteRead
06-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Thank you, Cao. There's a list of smilies somewhere, here.

I use what I can see in the showing list and I drag from the bottom when I want it.

Dan

CaoPaux
06-07-2005, 10:02 PM
Ah, good! You're still able to express yourself then. :banana:

As the t-shirt sez "To Err Is Human. To Really Foul Things Up Requires A Computer." :Hammer:

dreamfroggy
07-03-2005, 07:00 PM
i am not finding the bananas and things *pulls a face*

dreamfroggy
07-03-2005, 07:06 PM
hehehehe found it but posted in the wrong place:Clap: