PDA

View Full Version : No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency

blacbird
03-30-2009, 11:01 AM
I just watched (completely by chance) the premier of the HBO series. Realllll good, recommend to everybody. Excellent on-location production, script and characters. My favorite is the uber-officious inexperienced secretary, who is the assistant Adrian Monk has always wanted. Check it out.

caw

aadams73
03-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I loved it, absolutely loved it.

MissLadyRae
03-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Can't wait to dive into this one. I dvr'd it for a later treat. :-)

Sophia
03-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I love this series. They showed the pilot a couple of years ago and I was hooked - great acting, entertaining and thoughtful script, high quality throughout. They've started showing a six-part series here, and I recommend that, too.

StephanieFox
03-31-2009, 12:51 AM
The first show was on last night. It's based on the book series of a clever 'traditionally sized woman in Botswana who opens a detective agency to help people. It's delightful. It's not exactly true to the books there's an extra character who runs a hair salon next door to her and she's not working out of an office she shares with a car repair shop but it still works.

It's quite low key no macho car chases or confrontations but there are real cases with some (but not all) happy endings.

Even my husband, who didn't think he'd like it, said he wants to watch future episodes. It's on on HBO, of course, on Sunday nights.

Snowstorm
03-31-2009, 01:51 AM
Can't wait to watch the series. I love the books. (And this series is a great example to writers that you can write about anything and make it seem real.)

dawinsor
03-31-2009, 02:20 AM
Oh lord. I loved that book! I didn't know there was a series. Thank you for telling us.

seaaircarol
03-31-2009, 02:49 AM
Saw it last night--loved it!!

I actually signed up for a special six-month deal with HBO *just* so I could see this series.

blacbird
03-31-2009, 02:51 AM
They do drive on the wrong side of the street in Botswana, though.

caw

trocadero
03-31-2009, 04:32 PM
Oh I can't wait to see it! Such a wonderful series. My favorite of all his stuff.