PDA

View Full Version : Beta Reader wanted for adult fantasy, science fiction story please

amber_grosjean
03-30-2009, 03:28 AM
Hello, everyone. It's been a while since I was here and I do apologize. My writing has kept me busy. I've finished a couple books and had submitted them. Both books need work before either publisher will accept them.

The problem is, I am having a hard time editing them. I am way too close to objectively edit either one. I know I need to learn, esp. since I am a professional. I'm learning a little as I go so I am getting better lol.

One of my books called Peterson Estate has been in the works for 20 years now. It was my first book I ever finished, when I was about 12 or 13. Since then it has been rejected about 50 times lol. Each publisher said it was a good story so I never lost hope. Now I'm hearing if I do a little editing, the publisher will take a second look so it's getting way closer than it was back then lol.

If there's anyone who has the time, I would really appreciate it! I'm all ears to making this a better story and I will give you credit in the "For" section of the book, it isn't much but it's all I have to offer right now lol.

Peterson Estate is about a young woman who discovered her life was a lie, she's a witch, has a sister, she's the chosen one, and she must save her home from her own father. If you wanna take a look at it, let me know. Just email me at amber_grosjean @ hotmail dot com

Thank you so much!

Amber

bohica
03-30-2009, 04:15 AM
Stolen Identity
(available online)

This made me giggle.

On a more serious note, best of luck. :)

amber_grosjean
03-30-2009, 06:32 AM
Ok, I don't know why that would cause a giggle lol.

Thank you though.

I would like to add that I put my first chapter on the share your work thread. It's a little long, wasn't sure how much to add lol. I can take any critisism on this piece. I just need some help. One beta reader has helped a little so far and I am thankful!

The publisher said I shouldn't say whether the character should turn left or right in the story and that mentioning what the character ate in the scene should be left out as well so those were edited out. I also cut out a few other scenes and changed how they felt. So over all, this chapter is different from the rest of the book lol.

I am more attached to this story than all the others so it's important to me to see it published even though I have been told most writers never publish their first piece. I want to prove them wrong lol.

Thanks again!

Amber

Matera the Mad
03-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Posting your e-mail address in a forum is a guarantee of of all the spam you can imagine for years to come.

amber_grosjean
03-31-2009, 02:36 AM
I get spam now as it is so I'm not worried about getting more lol. I feel better dealing with people through emails in cases like this which is why I added my email addy. I can change it if it causes a problem for anyone.

Amber

Matera the Mad
03-31-2009, 07:01 AM
Well, mostly only causes a problem for you, so it doesn't really matter, I guess, although increased use of bandwidth overall for spam is in a way everyone's problem. *Shrug* When you get up to three hundred a day or more you might regret all the loose exposure. I only give my addy in a PM or post it munged -- broken up so it can't be picked up by a spambot.

amber_grosjean
03-31-2009, 07:38 PM
I think I would rather talk about my writing than my email addy lol. I went ahead and changed it to keep the topic down.

Back to Beta Reading....I was hoping to find someone who could help me out, suggest ways to improve my writing, maybe teach me a few things along the way lol. I learn with each round. Maybe by the 10th book, I'll be an expert about editing. That would be great.

Amber

lmz
04-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Just to let you know...since you said you took it off; your e-mail address is still on here.

amber_grosjean
04-02-2009, 09:15 AM
lol I meant I made it so it's not clickable. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I made some major edits and made a new thread sharing the first chapter on the sharing my work board. I understand what everyone was suggesting so hopefully I was able to get those changes made to make for a more entertaining story.

Thanks again!

Amber