Results

Melina

Getting better all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.atozwordsmith.com
Once again, I apologize PROFUSELY for the delay in posting the results. You will find my explanation in the "Disgruntled" thread...

This week we are losing:

JD Kiggins

I'm sorry, Joanne--your writing has so much heart. I was really rooting for you.

Congratulations to the continuing finalists.

Melina

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Hugs to ....

... Joanne. Sweetie, I love your writing. I'm sad to see you go.

Melina, thanks for your hard work again this week.

Everyone else, congrats for continuing.

:Hug2:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Melina, thanks again for the count.

Joanne, best of luck to you with your writing. It's obvious you've already developed a fan base through the contest, and I'm sure they'll continue to follow you throughout your career.

LieselGarmach

Registered
Reaction score
Joanne, as you know I voted for you more than once :) I enjoy your writing immensely and am sad to see you out this round.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:popcorn: (<<<<making trip to store so I can stock up on more popcorn) Congrats to the winners...sorry there will be one less...but you are alllll winners. Take the night off and have a good break down, because another hill needs to be climbed. Love to you all.:Clap:

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Joanne, sorry to see you go.

(Woohoo! Now Jenna can finally install her as mod in the Freelancing forum. Oh, wait, was that a self-serving thought?)

Seriously, Joanne, keep up the good writing.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Birol said:
(Woohoo! Now Jenna can finally install her as mod in the Freelancing forum. Oh, wait, was that a self-serving thought?)

Is it rotten that I had the exact same thoughts?

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
You know, it's just like when I voted for McGovern in 1972 in 4th grade - even though he didn't win, and I would have bet money on you not being the one out this week (really), I never thought my vote was wasted - even the other 27 kids in the class voted for Nixon. Most of them are probably serving time for white collar crime now anyway.

Your work, and you, are well-loved and well-liked and well-respected. We know we haven't seen the last of you (because I'm gonna make you post in the JFF thread now!!!).:Hug2:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Joanne,

I'm happy for you and sad for you at the same time. I think you know what I mean. ((Big Fat Hugs)) You'll always be a winner in my book.

Congrats to the rest....Now.....:whip: Just kidding! Ya'll deserve a break.. whew!

brinkett

Elder Scrolls devotee
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go, Joanne. I enjoyed all of your entries.

ChunkyC

It's hard being green
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My heartfelt congratulations as well for making it this far, Joanne. You were a contender every week.

Cassie88

Make mine a double entendre
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Joanne, We've been lucky to have you all to ourselves for this long. But at this stage of the game, you're all winners!!
Cassie

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Joanne, you will always have my vote. You're one classy person, and a great writer.

But now you'll be able to join the MOD SQUAD (and know what we've been talking about behind your back!!!!!) and have more time to write and take care of mommie (not you, Jill).

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Thanks for being such a terrific contestant, Joanne! I know I'll be seeing your work on the bookshelves soon!

Celeste

Banned
Reaction score
What!!! I demand a recount! :mad:

I wish it weren't you leaving this week, Joanne. I hate to see any of you leave the finals. I seriously was not expecting it to be you, though. I loved your story this week. I think all your entries were fabulous. You got my vote this week. I'm really bummed to see you eliminated. You are a very talented writer! Thank you for all you've given us. :Hug2:

Congrats to the remaining four. You all have done a fantastic job. Thank you! :Clap:

brinkett

Elder Scrolls devotee
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know how many people voted?

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
One hand I'm very sad to see you go Joanne but I also comfort myself with the thought that having gotten this far you already know just how incredibly talented you are. I hope it takes the sting out knowing that there are so many people who have been and always will be fans, friends, and supporters who intend on being there for you for the rest of your very long (and I'm pretty sure illustrious carreer)....it couldn't happen to a better person. I also notice that there are quite a few people that are pretty excited that you'll have more time to coach those of us with your patient, humorous, kind talents. We all love you.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
joanne,

congratulations on (and thank you for) creating and sharing some wonderful work during these past several weeks.

we've talked via PM enough for you to pretty much know how i'm feeling right now, and i'm proud that we got to share the experience of this contest.

-william

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
Thank you all for your kind words.

I truly enjoyed writing to Jenna’s theme each week and I am honored to have made it as far as I did. It’s been a pleasure and an honor to have participated with such a wonderful group of talented writers.

As I told a few others in PM’s, I’ll probably feel a bit lost this coming week not having to write to a theme and a deadline, but I am looking forward to moving on and joining in at the Mod Squad, provided I’m still wanted in there.

At this time, I would like to thank Sara, Richard, and Three Seven for placing me in the top eleven finalists. To all who sent a vote my way each week allowing me to continue, my heartfelt thanks as well.

Cheers to Melina for making it through her difficult situation. I hope you were able to enjoy your daughter’s birthday. I am truly sorry that you ended up in tears over this matter. I also want to apologize publicly if my post of suggesting a vote count deadline offended you.

Jenna you run a wonderful site here. Keep up the great work!

As for the remaining contestants, go get ‘em! You have much to be proud of, and don’t ever let anyone tell you that you don’t! Congratulations to the cream of the crop!

BlueTexas

Back from self-exile land.
Registered
Reaction score
Melina, glad nothing bad happened to you and it was just a computer problem.

Joanne...I'm sorry not to be competing with you...I've enjoyed all your pieces and can't wait to see your name in the bookstore. Inb etween mod-ding and mom-ing, will you still post in the JFF thread?

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
BlueTexas said:
Joanne...I'm sorry not to be competing with you...I've enjoyed all your pieces and can't wait to see your name in the bookstore. Inb etween mod-ding and mom-ing, will you still post in the JFF thread?

Thanks Kira. I'll give it a shot in the JFF thread.
:ROFL: Humor in a cemetery.

I just love Jenna's mind.