PDA

View Full Version : I need your help!

P.C Greene
03-28-2009, 01:10 AM
Hi,

I'm making a music website for a project at college. For this website I need music reviews of bands etc.... but, I have none and don't have enough time to write any of my own.

Was wondering if anybody has links to their own work or ones which are royalty free and available to use.

Thanks in advance!

Chase
03-28-2009, 02:18 AM
Whew! It's with great relief I see that some college students in the UK are as lazy as some we had little luck teaching in the U.S. I guess those wanting credit for others' work are all over the world.

Ms Hollands
03-28-2009, 02:50 AM
I'm presuming you're actually some sort of IT student and so the subject matter is the site rather than content itself, and that the content will be useful to show how the site hangs together.

If this is the case, check out thelineofbestfit.com or cambridgebands.com as they might be able to give you access to some relatively new stuff on the proviso you stick a link in or something.

Good luck with it!

P.C Greene
03-28-2009, 03:12 AM
Whew! It's with great relief I see that some college students in the UK are as lazy as some we had little luck teaching in the U.S. I guess those wanting credit for others' work are all over the world.

No. Wanting credit for others work? I think not. I have 1 week left to complete a load of work and not enough time to write up a load of music reviews. And also, this site wont be live, it will be hosted on the college server. And will only be seen my by tutor. Appropriate credit will be given.

The site is the main focus but needs to be complete, fully functional and with all content added.

Chase
03-28-2009, 06:08 PM
Darn those profs for assigning loads of work due in only one week.

You're absolutely right. Such poor planning on the part of professors always forces students into plagiarism, having others do their work, putting off parties, going out with chums, panty raids. . . .

It's a pedagogic plot!

Kathleen42
03-28-2009, 06:12 PM
No. Wanting credit for others work? I think not. I have 1 week left to complete a load of work and not enough time to write up a load of music reviews. And also, this site wont be live, it will be hosted on the college server. And will only be seen my by tutor. Appropriate credit will be given.

The site is the main focus but needs to be complete, fully functional and with all content added.

So it sounds like you're not being graded on the content and the prof doesn't care where you yank it from.

Does it have to be real content? Could you just put in review titles and use Greek/Placeholder text for the content?

P.C Greene
03-28-2009, 06:39 PM
So it sounds like you're not being graded on the content and the prof doesn't care where you yank it from.

Does it have to be real content? Could you just put in review titles and use Greek/Placeholder text for the content?

I wish lol. The assignment is titled "Website development and MANAGEMENT". This meaning I have to make the website AND add proper content.