Being popular

Samantha's_Song

At least I don't need backing-up
Registered
Reaction score
... what do you think of it?

Are you a popular person, if not, do you want to be?

What do you think of seemingly popular people?

Would you follow a popular person around, just so you could be part of their in-crowd?

For myself. No, I'm not popular and don't want to be, it takes up too much precious time; I know, I used to be the queen of a very lively forum when I was first on the internet, and it got very wearing. Yawn. But this isn't just about internet popularity, it's about popularity in general.

I guess some popular people are okay, some of them are fakes, and I can see straight through the fake ones.

I would never follow anyone around just to try and get in with everyone else; if people don't like me on my own merits, then bugger them, and the older I get, the less I care about who likes me and who doesn't. :D
I see so much of the following of others sometimes, that it really makes me want to throw up. Get a life for gawd's sake.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I don't care about popularity. I look at each person as an individual and decide whether or not they deserve my time and interest. Who cares about being popular?

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
I have a small group of close friends, and that'll do me. :D

I've never seen the attraction in becoming popular, and couldn't see myself following someone around to be 'seen' with them. The whole idea seems foreign to me. :)

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
A pat on the back for you then. Not a creepy one, just one to say well done you, you understand ;)

I don't care about popularity. I look at each person as an individual and decide whether or not they deserve my time and interest. Who cares about being popular?

Samantha's_Song

Registered
Reaction score
Believe me, being popular is boring, you're expected to perform for your audience all of the time, when you don't they find someone else to entertain them.

I have two close friends, they are my biological sister and my husband, but to me, that's all I need. :)

I have a small group of close friends, and that'll do me. :D

I've never seen the attraction in becoming popular, and couldn't see myself following someone around to be 'seen' with them. The whole idea seems foreign to me. :)

dgrintalis

'Tis true, she is a monstergirl
Registered
Reaction score
Betwixt a nightmare and a veil of shadowy dark
I would not consider myself popular. I am a hardcore introvert, which is funny, considering my job. (I am a professional belly dancer.)

At a party, I will be the one sitting in a corner, keeping to myself and watching everyone else. I have only a few close friends and prefer to just hang out with them.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
I like a lot of people---I accept a lot of people---I have fun and smile everyday. I live in the world as if it is bright and shiny---even when it's a big dark cloud of somebody elses drama. I am not popular but by some people I am well liked. Bonus--the people who annoy me---find me very annoying. I'm good:)

what was the question?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
i think that being popular is the most important thing in the world. more important than jesus. i wake up every day completely fixated on how i can make more people like me. much of my day is spent finding new people who think i'm special and awesome. i keep detailed lists of who likes me and i have a rating system to record how much they like me. sometimes, it takes me hours at night to adjust these ratings, ideally upwards. my goal is to ultimately get more than half the world committed to doing my bidding.

at that point, we will crush the others and i will rule as a god.

call it cheesy, but that's my wacky little dream.

Last edited:

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
"Popular" seems too much like a high school term. Within my circle* of friends and colleagues I think I'm well-liked, and I sure have fun with all of them. But following a perceived "leader" isn't part of those relationships. Hanging around someone because they seem "cool" or because of possible benefits (direct or indirect) of being in his/her presence seems lame and, like I said, kind of high-schoolish.

Oh, and I'd like to second everything Haskins said, right down to the punctuation, which was, ya know, so frickin' awesome.

Dude!

*with a little imagination, two people can make a circle.

Last edited:

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
i think that being popular is the most important thing in the world. more important than jesus. i wake up every day completely fixated on how i can make more people like me. much of my day is spent finding new people who think i'm special and awesome. i keep detailed lists of who likes me and i have a rating system to record how much they like me. sometimes, it takes me hours at night to adjust these ratings, ideally upwards. my goal is to ultimately get more than half the world committed to doing my bidding.

at that point, we will crush the others and i will rule as a god.

call it cheesy, but that's my wacky little dream.

I like you. I think you're special and awesome. I like you more than anyone has ever liked anyone, EVAR!!!111!!!

Wait, who are you again?