PDA

View Full Version : Writing studios - get with the genre... difference?

sommemi
03-27-2009, 10:42 PM
What exactly is the difference between these two sections? I'm interested in hearing/sharing/posting with others in the same writing boat as me, but not sure which area is the best to post in??

****EDIT****
oops. Sorry. Should have probably posted this in the FAQ section. ooops!

regdog
03-28-2009, 12:07 AM
ask a mod to move this thread over. :)

cooeedownunder
03-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Welcome :hi:

dpaterso
03-28-2009, 12:22 AM
Under Writing Studios group you'll find general discussion forums discussing the craft.

Under The AW Workshop group, Share Your Work (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26) is our critique forum (password = vista) which is split into genre sub-forums. You'd post material for critique here. There are also forums for poetry and music fans.

Get With the Genre is a collection of discussion forums split by genre.

-Derek

Madisonwrites
03-28-2009, 05:37 AM
:hi:

jvc
03-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Derek already answered this question, but I'll port it over to the FAQ forum. Oh, welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

sommemi
03-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Derek already answered this question, but I'll port it over to the FAQ forum. Oh, welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Thanks for moving it!!! I appreciate that!
Still not sure I understand the difference between discussing the 'craft' vs. discussing the 'genre'.... but i'll figure it out over time I'm sure. I guess I just haven't been in the 'writing society' long enough to be familiar with everything yet.