Oneword.com

sommemi

Uses loquacious in sentences
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has ever posted about this, so forgive me if I am duplicating anything!!!!

Here's my little exercise idea....

Go to: http://www.oneword.com/
You click on the "go" button and a word pops up at the top of the screen. You then have 60 seconds to randomly write anything... ABOUT that word, as a result of that word, defining that word... whatever comes into your pretty little head. Then after 60 seconds the bar at the top of the screen turns red and you're instructed to enter your name and/or email address to post it. You are then directed to a page that shows all the posts people have written for that day's word.

So here's my idea... BEFORE you read any responses below.... go to the website, try the exercise, and then once you've posted your response... copy and paste it here with the word for the day at the beginning (or not). But do it before looking at the responses below so that you don't have time to think about the word before you type.

I love this site... it keeps my creativity flowing. Just thought I'd share it with you all!!! (That is, if no one has before yet!) HAVE FUN!!!!

adding space to keep from spoiling the word of the day!
HAVE FUN!!!!

Last edited:

sommemi

Registered
Reaction score
I just figured it's not fair for me to post a writing exercise/game without participating in it myself, so here's my post for the day....

SHAMPOO:
When I take a bath, I usually suck it up and use the shampoo that's closest to me. Why? Cause I hate to stand up. So what happens in the long run, is that my dandruff gets worse and I end up smelling like Johnson & Johnson because I used my 19month old's shampoo instead of adult stuff. At least I'm picky enough not to use the Axe wash that my 14 year old uses. Honestly, you'd think I would be smart enough to grab it before I sit down in the tub, but nooooo. I usually jump right in becuase the water is so warm and soothing and I really just need to sit down and decompress from my day. Then about 10 seconds later I look up and yup... there's my shampoo on the top shelf of the towel rack... staring at me... offended because I forgot about it and left it there all lonely next to the razor blades that I keep forgetting to switch into my long underused razor. I thought...

sommemi

Registered
Reaction score
aug 25 word

just cause I saw it today and decided to 'play' again... I won't post the word, but you'll probably guess it. Either way, it's fun to try to come up with a paragraph from a single word in 60 seconds.
Sternutation. That's the technical word for sneeze. At least, that's what someone told me. But honestly, who uses that word? Do you? Do you say "oh excuse me, I just sternutated." Or does someone else tell you "Bless you! What a sternutation that was!" Yeah, I don't think many people even know