• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta needed for 'unconventional' teenage comedy, be forewarned content is not PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarAndPeace

Gaze upon my works ye peeps!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nowwheredidiputmyparachute.blogspot.com
I'm looking for a beta reader to go over the plot and characters, not interested so much in grammar details unless they are glaring, also to see if people who don't know me understand the jokes and general humor involved.

Quick plot synopsis:
Essentially its a parody of YA books, where the MC gets someone pregnant and deals with growing up. Instead it spans a period of 2 weeks, and its more about the aftermath of the party, and how the MC is oblivious to the pregnancy until the very end, where it is spelled out to him. Comedy with a pinch of romance to make the story work.

Also i'll need a general opinion on the content to see if it is too edgy/potentially offensive. Surprising lack of profanity involved however, no sex scenes or anything along those lines, but humor based on parodying PC topics (war in iraq, anti-semitism, Hollywood, scientology, Hollywood etc) Think family guy when you think of controversial and you'll get the general idea.

Anyway i've rambled long enough, if your interested pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.