Anyone have any experience with round ligament pain?

chevbrock

Registered
Reaction score
I'm asking this in this thread rather than "Research", 'cause it's not writing-related.

I'm 36 weeks (approx) pregnant and have been experiencing what I think is round ligament pain. Googled it, but mostly it seems to talk about the pain being on both sides of the pelvis, rather than at the front, which is where mine is. Am I experiencing something else?

It's not really bad, and it seems to have eased with some rest, but is there anything else I can do to ease it, aside from grimace and bear it?

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I've had oodles of crotch pain while pregnant. The pain in front is probably all the pressure on your entire pelvis from the baby dropping down. If it starts from one of your hip bones and works around to the middle, it's round ligament.

The whole pelvis pressure that feels like your whole crotch is going to fall on the floor and makes your inner thighs burn means that the baby is lower and therefore closer to coming, but it does feel best when you stay off your feet.

Congrats on the upcoming birth!

chevbrock

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, TJ and Namatu. The pain is definitely not bones, it's muscles or ligaments, and sounding very much like what TJ is describing.

Maybe this one won't be late, after all ...