PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Philosophers

Gehanna
06-05-2005, 05:28 PM
I am in need of one or more Philosophers who specialize in or at least have a great deal of knowledge regarding the following subjects:

- Consciousness
- Logic
- Physics and Metaphysics
- Psychology
- Skepticism

My intentions are to find one or more Philosophers with whom I can discuss various theories related to the mind.

If you are interested and your approach stems from a particular discipline, please identify it here.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

three seven
06-10-2005, 10:00 PM
Physics and metaphysics over here. :hi:

Gehanna
06-11-2005, 01:58 PM
:snoopy: hi!

I added you to my msn and I hope you are ok with that. If not, I will remove you at your request.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Pat~
06-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Gehanna,

Not sure if this is related, but I have an MS in gifted ed, and am familiar with many learning theories (ed psych)...

Gehanna
06-11-2005, 06:42 PM
I am very interested pb10220! What you have to offer is very relevant. :)

Sincerely,
Gehanna

Gehanna
06-13-2005, 01:34 AM
I apologize that I have not come through with these discussions especially since I was the one looking to start them.

It seems that learning about a new content management system has taken all my attention. I fear I am driving my developer insane because I am nit picky about functionality.

Hopefully I will be able to get things in order within the next few days and resume my usual meaning of life pondering.

Sincerely,
Gehanna

robeiae
06-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Howdy, Gehanna!

I can't claim anything edu. wise but a minor in philosophy. However, I do claim to be a philosopher! I have no speciality; right now, I am working on laying out, in three book series, all of my "material" philosophy. However, I have spent the greatest part of my life trying to create a consistent world view, from meataphysics to economics; asssumptions in one field must be consistent with opinions (and assumptions) in others.

Also, I am pretty well-versed in mathematics, up to topology and number theory. Logic, too (though I am out of practice with symbolic logic).

If I can ever help, let me know!

Rob :)

Jaoman
06-16-2005, 12:41 AM
If you're looking for hard core philosophical discourse, try there:

www.forums.philosophyforums.com (http://www.forums.philosophyforums.com)

Excellent forum and some brilliant and highly educated minds. If you're looking locally, I may be able to help regarding Theory of Mind.

Gehanna
06-18-2005, 04:40 AM
Jaoman,

I visited the forums.

Thank You,
Gehanna